These rumours get worse...

Craig

Newcastle are lining up a move for Dutch striker Dirk Kuyt as Graeme Souness steps up his search for Alan Shearer's replacement.

Souness is searching high and low for a new striker as Shearer plans to hang up his boots at the end of the season and Kuyt is known to be high on his list of targets.

The Magpies would face strong competition from Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea who are are showing a keen interest in the Dutch international who has already banged in 10 goals in 14 games this season.

Souness may have to wait until the summer if he is to land the Feyenoord star though as the player is not keen on a January move just months before the World Cup in Germany.

The striker fears a move could affect his form but has revealed he would consider a move away when the summer comes around.

Souness is also said to be targeting moves for Nihat Kahveci and Tuncay Sanli after confirming he may also turn to Turkey for more players, while Nicolas Anelka is still on his list of targets.

The gaffer will have money to spend but he may have to ask chairman Freddie Shepherd for in the region of £15million if he is to land his number-one target Kuyt.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/news_details....&l_id=1&t_id=52

As if he's going to be manager as long as January........:lol: Fuck, I hope he's gone by then! :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It worries me how much cash he'll have spent before he gets the chop* The next incumbent isnt gonna have a pot to piss in if the Souness spree is allowed to resume in January.

*assuming he does

Anyone seen this rumour:

Click here

Jesus wept!  ;)

65341[/snapback]

Tell me he's not for real? :lol:

I deplore to all NUFC fans to do what you can to not let Steven Taylor play against Arsenal.

What we gonna do like, run on the pitch and stop him? :lol:

And is 'deplore' the right choice of word there? ;)

It worries me how much cash he'll have spent before he gets the chop* The next incumbent isnt gonna have a pot to piss in if the Souness spree is allowed to resume in January.

*assuming he does

65347[/snapback]

Well hopefully the next one isn't walking in declaring "this is the best squad I've ever worked with" but then won't be able to beat teams above Sunday-league format and demand that he needs more time and to build his own team...

Anyone seen this rumour:

Click here

Jesus wept!  :(

65341[/snapback]

Tell me he's not for real? :lol:

I deplore to all NUFC fans to do what you can to not let Steven Taylor play against Arsenal.

And is 'deplore' the right choice of word there? ;)

65349[/snapback]

;)

*assuming he does

65347[/snapback]

Well hopefully the next one isn't walking in declaring "this is the best squad I've ever worked with" but then won't be able to beat teams above Sunday-league format and demand that he needs more time and to build his own team...

65350[/snapback]

:lol:

I'm telling Gemmill on you!

Anyone seen this rumour:

Click here

Jesus wept!  ;)

65341[/snapback]

And who rushed Bryan Robson back early with a shoulder injury? Sir Bob of Robson.

65353[/snapback]

Souness's fault though..! :lol:

And is 'deplore' the right choice of word there? :lol:

65349[/snapback]

Nar, 'deplore' is what Sooooness thinks about a lot of us!

Anyone seen this rumour:

Click here

Jesus wept!  ;)

65341[/snapback]

And who rushed Bryan Robson back early with a shoulder injury? Sir Bob of Robson.

65353[/snapback]

65356[/snapback]

Being a fan, can I take some of the responsibility as well?

Anyone seen this rumour:

Click here

Jesus wept!  ;)

65341[/snapback]

65353[/snapback]

65356[/snapback]

So if Souness doesn't risk Taylor on Saturday, does that make him a better manager than Sir Bob who did, to quote, resort to 'a desperate measure which could both **** us up, but more importantly **** up the career of a top, proffesional talent.' ;)

I note testa mora dislocated her arm yesterday. Funnily enough she knew all about George Best and alcoholism last week as she'd been to the doctors with an addiction to a non-alcoholic liquid. And before anyone calls me a two-faced snide I take the piss out over there too.

Edited by alex

I note testa mora dislocated her arm yesterday. Funnily enough she knew all about George Best and alcoholism last week as she'd been to the doctors with an addiction to a non-alcoholic liquid. And before anyone calls me a two-faced snide I take the piss out over there too.

65376[/snapback]

Didn't she get sacked as Kettering manager as well? :lol:

And is 'deplore' the right choice of word there?  :lol:

65349[/snapback]

I'm guessing 'implore' is the word he was trawling the depths of his intellect for. Another one on HTT's 'If I use big words people will think I'm dead clever' Big Red Fun Bus.

65376[/snapback]

Didn't she get sacked as Kettering manager as well? :lol:

65378[/snapback]

She was sent home from school for wearing a crucifix I hear.