Alan Pardoo blaming injuries

Flair

He was blaming injuries in his post-match interview. Fuck off pards. Just admit not only were you shit, the players didn't give a shit. Moreover, they didn't want it as much as the Stevenage players.

Edited by Flair

Injuries? We had half of our full team out, against STEVENAGE, no excuses. What does he need like, the full team to beat a team in league two?

Edited by Inglez

To be fair Pardew did also blame the size of the pitch.

Shit like this happens. I think it happened to us today because Stevenage are probably more used to playing big physical sides who play a lot of long balls, which is essentially what we are, than teams like West Ham and Arsenal. That and our lot thought the tie would be a breeze.

Edited by Problem Child

He was blaming injuries in his post-match interview. Fuck off pards. Just admit not only were you shit, the players didn't give a shit. Moreover, they didn't want it as much as the Stevenage players.

Pardew should take responsibility for this result imo. We weren't playing Real Madrid ffs.....

See, again, i am a pardew fan but this does annoy me about a manager.

If he had put out the "youngsters" and we done beat then fair enough he could of said that...albeit still bollox. We are 3 leagues above.

We played a pretty strong team tonight and like its been said we were done...stevenage...sadly were the better team on the night, but hey ho its the FA Cup and this happens every year.

Get over it.

The interview ive just seen said he thought the senior players looked very jaded and that the young'uns were just overawed by the way things were going. Which seems about right to me.

<_<

Some ppl as always over reacting....its laughable really.

The interview ive just seen said he thought the senior players looked very jaded and that the young'uns were just overawed by the way things were going. Which seems about right to me.

Okay, which 'young 'uns' would that be then?

I dont see a major problem with what he said although he has to shoulder a good chunk of the blame.

At the end of the day though the players we put out should have walked that game, Smith who had just been given a boost by Pardew should have played his skin off, he did anything but. If our players think that all they need do is turn up when playing a team 73 places below them should be made to do it more often, trouble is its at least another year before that chance will come again.

We should be capable of putting out a team of third choice players and still hammer the likes of Stevenage.

Every single player on that pitch yesterday should give a days pay to charity because nobody deserved to be paid for that.

With the exception of Barton we out out a team largely full of players who excel at turning over possession. Smith, Nolan, Routledge, Lovenkrands, Best, Perch and Williamson in particular are poor at playing possession football. When you then consider that Barton was played out of position on the left it makes it even worse.

Goes to show how much we rely on Enrique, Tiote and Jonas, all players who are confident on the ball. Carroll and even Shola are generally also good at keeping the ball. If we had controlled possession in this game we would have been able to exert our authority. The guys that played are largely all accessory players on that they complement the core players that control the way we play. Without the core players we failed to exert our presence.

All IMO of course. Barton could have been moved into the middle perhaps, as Smith and Nolan together are too slow, bad in possession and lack creativity. Alternately Guthrie could have played in the middle. His last game for us was horrific and he has seemingly gone right off the boil buy he was previously a player with a good range of passes who was smart in possession, decent at free-kicks and could hit the odd cracking goal. Pointless to speculate like this but hopefully this is a sign that Pardew is still coming to terms with the players he has at his disposal.

Piss poor analysis, and if the worst happens next week it'll be comical listening to that drivel again.

Fuck Off. He was honest.

What did you want him to say? ffs.

Did I mention he wasn't honest? listen to it again, piss poor as in he never seemed to think things through before getting the mic shoved in his face, the interviewer put him straight on the squad and Pardoo went back on his first thoughts to rectify what he said.

<_<