Tiote Red Card.

Deano

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two sides to it: The tackle itself he lunged out and if he hadn't got the ball, it could have been a serious injury for the player. In that respect, yes and no.

However, he didn't get the player so no and yes.

Serious business here guys. He's got to learn to control himself. This isn't the first time we've seen this.

It's should have not should of.

Iareseriouscat.jpg

Tiote's momentum made it look much, much, much worse than it actually was. The FA wont admit Marriner was probably incorrect to send him off though.

I'm going by the laws of De Jong - if a player makes contact with the ball as well as the man then any tackle is fair game. Considering Tiote didn't even make contact with the man then it's never a foul.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Once both feet leave the ground it's a red card. Whether it should be or not is irrelevant, the fact is that a red card is the punishment and Tiote would have known that.

Whether he got the ball or not is no longer taken into consideration.

Once both feet leave the ground it's a red card. Whether it should be or not is irrelevant, the fact is that a red card is the punishment and Tiote would have known that.

I don't know where this misconception has come from, but the laws of the game In reference to serious foul play say 'Any player who lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both feet with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious fouls play.'

Tiote didn't lunge at another player and didn't endanger another player, end of story.

I don't know where this misconception has come from, but the laws of the game In reference to serious foul play say 'Any player who lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both feet with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious fouls play.'

Tiote didn't lunge at another player and didn't endanger another player, end of story.

Once both feet leave the ground you lose control and are endangering your opponent. Whether you do damage or not doesn't come into it, the challenge had the 'potential' to do damage.

By your reckoning if you're completely on your own and dive two footed to stop the ball (say to stop it from going out) you should be sent off.

If it doesn't endanger another player, and isn't at[/] an opposition player then according to the laws of the game it isn't serious foul play and therefore isn't a red card. They're the indisputable facts.

De Jong came across and went through Ben Arfa using excessive force and obviously more than just endangered his safety. The FA deemed that there was no foul committed there and so if they uphold this red it's further confirmation that they're limp wristed beurocrats with no balls. Unfortunately I fully believe that the farce will continue and they won't rescind it.

By your reckoning if you're completely on your own and dive two footed to stop the ball (say to stop it from going out) you should be sent off.

If it doesn't endanger another player, and isn't at[/] an opposition player then according to the laws of the game it isn't serious foul play and therefore isn't a red card. They're the indisputable facts.

De Jong came across and went through Ben Arfa using excessive force and obviously more than just endangered his safety. The FA deemed that there was no foul committed there and so if they uphold this red it's further confirmation that they're limp wristed beurocrats with no balls. Unfortunately I fully believe that the farce will continue and they won't rescind it.

Don't be ridiculous, when the opponent is in such close proximity to the ball when you're going for it then yes you are endangering the opponent.

Whether it is right or wrong, that is the interpretation of the law that is currently being implemented.

My thoughts entirely

It was a silly tackle whichever way you look at it and it was luck rather than judgement that meant the Stevenage player wasn't injured. You cant possibly be in control of the tackle when you are 3feet off the floor. If the Stevenage player got there first how was Tiote going to pull out? Also, it was in the opposition half, why take the risk? Not like it was an inevitable goal if he didn't put the tackle in.

As someone who has just missed 3 months of the season with torn ankle ligaments due to a similar tackle that was a fraction later than that one, I can see it from both sides.

Looking at it again Tiote got to the ball first and didn't go through their player, there was contact but it was as much initiated by their player as Tiote. I'm not saying their player fouled Tiote as the contact was incidental. Their player didn't have possession of the ball, and there was no chance of injury as Tiote feet were down before he got there.