Tiote Red Card.

Deano

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a side note to all of this Tiote needs to learn to reign it in. We cant afford to have a player picking up 8 yellows and 1 red card by new year.

Definitely. You normally want players to find a higher gear at times, with Tiote it's the exact opposite with him needing to switch down gears on occasion.

If he's out we're beat imo. Especially with Carroll a doubt.

Smith against the mackems will be a nightmare.

Carroll just tweeted

AndyCarroll9

feeling confident I'll be okay for the Sunderland match.

Yeah but that's not actually Andy Carroll is it?

The camera work on the closeup is poor, but what is clear is that their player wasn't injured in the incident and was second man to the ball. Tiote didn't go through him to get to the ball so to the letter of the law it wasn't serious foul play. It obviously wasn't the denying of a goal scoring chance and so far as I could see he didn't spit at their player. Other than those the only other way of getting a straight red is violent conduct. Excessive force or brutality was not used against an opponent. A reckless tackle only garnishes a yellow card.

The camera work on the closeup is poor, but what is clear is that their player wasn't injured in the incident and was second man to the ball. Tiote didn't go through him to get to the ball so to the letter of the law it wasn't serious foul play. It obviously wasn't the denying of a goal scoring chance and so far as I could see he didn't spit at their player. Other than those the only other way of getting a straight red is violent conduct. Excessive force or brutality was not used against an opponent. A reckless tackle only garnishes a yellow card.

Well the letter of the law states a 'lunge' that is 'reckless' is a straight red card. That was both regardless of if he caught the player or not.

How anyone can look at that challenge and say it isn't reckless/dangerous is beyond me btw. If it was Karl Henry you'd all be going mental.

Henry did. and he got away with it.

And what was your opinion of Henry's challenge?

Gerarrd sent off for Liverpool for a similar challenge

Similar? Hardly. Gerrard looked like he wanted to injure Carrick. Gerrard led with two feet which is always more dangerous than just the one

How anyone can look at that challenge and say it isn't reckless/dangerous is beyond me btw. If it was Karl Henry you'd all be going mental.

That they were cynical and multiple attempts to get Barton wound up and sent off. Made all the more worse by the MoTD lot pissing themselves over it.

That they were cynical and multiple attempts to get Barton wound up and sent off. Made all the more worse by the MoTD lot pissing themselves over it.

The point I'm making is that if Karl Henry made that challenge against Newcastle, we would all be demanding a red.

I've had another look at it on the youtube clip and seeing that i can absolutely see now why the ref sent him off, because at full speed and from his POV it does look like a red, so i have no problem with that.

However the appeal panel have the use of replays and camera angles and slow mo, and they clearly show he jumped ahead of the guy, took the ball and the player fell harmlesly over him, that is enough to make it a yellow for making a stupid tackle, but they won't.

But Tiote really has got to learn, i don't mind him rackign up yellows when he's makign tackles and fouls he has to as part of his job, but he needs to cut a few of them out and has to stop jumping in like that, its always askign for trouble.

Apologise on Facebook.

Je tiens à m'excuser auprès de mes coéquipiers, la gestion et la plupart de tous les fans pour vous laisser tomber avec mes actions hier. Je promets à l'avenir que je ferai tout mon possible pour assurer que cela ne se reproduise plus.

Which, according to Google, translates to:

I want to apologize to my teammates, management and most of all fans to let you down with my actions yesterday. I promise in future I will do my utmost to ensure this does not happen again.

blatant red card i'm afraid. ok, he got the ball but as soon as he jumps in like that he's lost control. he could have easily gone through the man and broke his leg.

Edited by Dr Gloom

The point I'm making is that if Karl Henry made that challenge against Newcastle, we would all be demanding a red.

and my point is that he did. And got away with it.