Tiote Red Card.

Deano

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Theres no distinction in the laws of the game between jumping in 2 footed and winning the ball and jumping in 2 footed and missing the ball. Both are illegal.

Can you please show me where you are getting these rules from?

It's not legal to 'jump in' to a player, with two feet, or one foot or even no feet, it's not a case of jumping in to another player, it's a case of coming in to get the ball which their player didn't even have at the time.

If you made it legal to jump in with both feet everyone would be at it and claiming they were going for the ball and we would see 50 broken legs a season. Im not sure what people cant understand about this?

Noone is disputing anything like that. Like I said it's illegal to jump into a player at all, regardless of feet. You need to clarify the circumstances you're talking about.

'Any player who lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both feet with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious fouls play
' Edited by Kid Dynamite

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Any player who lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both feet with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious fouls play'

Yeah, this is what I quoted earlier. Lunges at an opponent. Allow me to illustrate how Tiote is not lunging at an opponent.

tiotemediaassasssinatio.png

Or an alternative view . . .

Picture 2, Tiote in mid ''lunge''. . . 'when challenging for the ball from the side'

Picture 3, Tiote making contact with the player with 'excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent'

How much fucking time and effort has been spent on that man <_< Just perpetuates the media and football fans view that we are deluded fans tbh

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Me pal was saying that Robbie Savage was leading calls for him to be banned for the rest of the season. What a prick. It wasn't even a yellow card, not that it's the reason we went out like.

'Any player who lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both feet with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious fouls play'

Yeah, this is what I quoted earlier. Lunges at an opponent. Allow me to illustrate how Tiote is not lunging at an opponent.

tiotemediaassasssinatio.png

Did you make that <_< reminds me of Physics in the 5th year that.

It wasn't a red card but I can't imagine the F.A will be doing Ashley any favours.

It's a massive shame if he's out for the derby, he's the difference between a midfield battle well won and a rapesque defeat.

Took about 15 minutes to make (and it shows).

Point is Tiote goes in to get a ball that their player does not have, gets the ball, then the contact occurs and their player goes over the top.

If Tiote came into their player the the players trajectory would have been altered.

And from NUFC.com

Kev 'daddy' Nolan "That was not a sending-off in a million years. Even the centre half said afterwards Tiote didn’t touch him. You do anything to win the game, but he stayed down a long time for a centre half."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...y.html?ITO=1490

Gerrard's challenge was different to the one by Newcastle's Cheik Tiote at Stevenage on Saturday.

To be fair to referee Andre Marriner, at full pace it looked wild, but with the benefit of replays it was clear Tiote had scooped the ball away and a yellow card would have been more appropriate because of the nature of the tackle.

Marriner seemed unsure about which colour card to show and, again, where doubt exists, the benefit of any doubt should have gone to Tiote.

"The side, and to the left. The side.......and to the left."

[/K.Costner]

I have only seen those pictures up above (this is me talking, btw, not K.Coster. In case you're confused) and the FACT! is that Tiote is winning a ball that the opposion player does not have. In all three pics, the opposition player doesn't have the ball, therfore Tiote is going for a free ball. A good challenge in my book, but I have been banging on for years about the twats at the top of our game trying to make it a non-contact sport, so I would be shocked, stunned, and not a little taken aback, if the red were recinded.

Would Cheik 'ace tackler' Tiote miss the derby if the decision were down-graded to defcon yellow?? Something tells me that if he doesn't play we beat them anyway. C'monnnnn

tbh it looked worse than de jong's challenge on ben arfa and we weren't happy with that one.

Did it fuck.

tbh it looked worse than de jong's challenge on ben arfa and we weren't happy with that one.

Did it fuck.

Both his feet were off the deck man. Doesn't matter that he didn't make contact with the man. A two footed lunge is a straight red nowadays whether we like it or not.

Did it fuck.

Both his feet were off the deck man. Doesn't matter that he didn't make contact with the man. A two footed lunge is a straight red nowadays whether we like it or not.

A two footed lunge into a tackle, maybe. But not lunging at a ball not in anyone's possession with only one foot extended and getting to the ball before anyone else.

Quit with the mantra about two footed lunges.

Did it fuck.

Thats the thing. Its getting so close to a none contact sport its untrue.

The problem with our sport and the majority of sports is, there is NO consistancy what so ever. We see Tiote & Gerrard get reds for similar tackles, i.e feet off the ground. If its in the rules we stick with them and then players will know, what they can and cannot do.

Some people in the media are saying there was no intention on Gerrard hurting Carrick, sorry, but we have to follow the rules and get consistancy in the game.

Did it fuck.

A two footed lunge into a tackle, maybe. But not lunging at a ball not in anyone's possession with only one foot extended and getting to the ball before anyone else.

Quit with the mantra about two footed lunges.

as soon as both feet leave the floor, it's a straight red. we can moan about the fact that he didn't make contact with the player as much as we like but that's what the refs have been instructed so we can't blame him for giving it.

tbf, it was a great execution of a two footed lunge. timing was spot on. he got the ball well before the opposition player was near it but if his timing hadn't been so good - if tiote wasn't so quick and he'd hit the player instead of the ball, he could have broken the guy's leg.

It's simply not the case that every tackle where both feet leave the ground results is a ref giving a straight red though, is it?

if the ref sees it i think these days it pretty much is a straight red, yeah. it's been outlawed in the same way as the tackle from behind.