Tiote Red Card.

Deano

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

tbf, it was a great execution of a two footed lunge. timing was spot on. he got the ball well before the opposition player was near it but if his timing hadn't been so good - if tiote wasn't so quick and he'd hit the player instead of the ball, he could have broken the guy's leg.

So, essentially what you're saying is that if the circumstances had been totally different, the outcome might have been totally different? First time I've agreed with you in this thread tbh :lol:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simply not the case that every tackle where both feet leave the ground results is a ref giving a straight red though, is it?

if the ref sees it i think these days it pretty much is a straight red, yeah. it's been outlawed in the same way as the tackle from behind.

Honestly that just isn't true.

It's simply not the case that every tackle where both feet leave the ground results is a ref giving a straight red though, is it?

if the ref sees it i think these days it pretty much is a straight red, yeah. it's been outlawed in the same way as the tackle from behind.

The fact is that if a referee judges a challenge to even be potentially dangerous then they can send the player off.

As soon as he left the ground he was always running that risk.

tbf, it was a great execution of a two footed lunge. timing was spot on. he got the ball well before the opposition player was near it but if his timing hadn't been so good - if tiote wasn't so quick and he'd hit the player instead of the ball, he could have broken the guy's leg.

So, essentially what you're saying is that if the circumstances had been totally different, the outcome might have been totally different? First time I've agreed with you in this thread tbh :lol:

it was a great execution of a tackle that has been outlawed. the reason it's been outlawed is the margain for error for that kind of challenge is minimal. if he goes jumping in with two feet and his timining is marginally out and takes the man instead of the ball then it could easily be a leg breaker. that's why you can't get away with it anymore, regardless of whether you hit the man or the ball.

when is a two footed lunge ever not a red card like?

when is a two footed lunge ever not a red card like?

You said both feet off the ground though. Tiote's wasn't a two-footed lunge imo. As I've already stated.

So, essentially what you're saying is that if the circumstances had been totally different, the outcome might have been totally different? First time I've agreed with you in this thread tbh ;)

it was a great execution of a tackle that has been outlawed. the reason it's been outlawed is the margain for error for that kind of challenge is minimal. if he goes jumping in with two feet and his timining is marginally out and takes the man instead of the ball then it could easily be a leg breaker. that's why you can't get away with it anymore, regardless of whether you hit the man or the ball.

:lol:

The fact is that if a referee judges a challenge to even be potentially dangerous then they can send the player off.

As soon as he left the ground he was always running that risk.

Indeed. He was sent off because both feet were off the ground - nothing to do with the tackle itself.

tiote's a class player but he's looking at picking up at least three suspensions this season already and we don't have anyone that's really good enough to come in and replace him

If Tiote had pulled out a bread knife and cut the guys leg off he would have been done for that as well. As it happens, he didnt do that and much as he didnt take the bloke. I dont think you can look at what might have happened, but what did happen. Not a straight red imo.

If Tiote had pulled out a bread knife and cut the guys leg off he would have been done for that as well. As it happens, he didnt do that and much as he didnt take the bloke. I dont think you can look at what might have happened, but what did happen. Not a straight red imo.

I agree. As soon as I saw it I thought fuck me he's off here (as well as what the fuck was he even in the squad for this game!) but when you see it again he's nowhere near the man and actually brings his leg back after the lunge to make the ball. If he was near the man it would have been dangerous but he was so far away that it wasn't at all. Not a sending off for me.

Newcastle United have today notified the FA of its intention to appeal the red card shown to Cheik Tiote in Saturday's FA Cup fixture at Stevenage.

The midfielder was sent off by referee Andre Marriner midway through the second half following a tackle on Jon Ashton.

A three-match ban would rule Tiote out of matches against Sunderland, Tottenham and Fulham

Newcastle United have today notified the FA of its intention to appeal the red card shown to Cheik Tiote in Saturday's FA Cup fixture at Stevenage.

The midfielder was sent off by referee Andre Marriner midway through the second half following a tackle on Jon Ashton.

A three-match ban would rule Tiote out of matches against Sunderland, Tottenham and Fulham

i'll show my arse in fenwicks' window if it's rescinded

In my opinion, the tackle was fair and made by a professional football player. He has made millions of these tackles in his footballing life and I think he judged it well. A lot of people will say what if he caught the player, however when you go in to make the tackle, you always make allowances for that. Which I am sure Tiote would have done.

The tackle, wasnt malicious and it did not have the intent to injure. The intent was to win the ball and put it back in to Newcastles possession. I know a lot of the Mackems are bickering over this. Some have came out and said it isnt a red card whilst others (Majority) are saying it will be a red.

Unfortunately, I do not think the red card will be reversed and the reason is, FIFA has decided that this season they want to stamp out this sort of tackle in the game. They think this is causing all the major injuries in the game and I am sure this has been clearly communicated to the Referees hence Marriners descision to send off Tiote.

I hope I am wrong, however looking back at the other descisions of the panel, they wont. Unless they give us Karma points for the Ben Arfa leg break.

I'm not sure, I know he got the ball, but if a player did this to a NUFC player, or if Steven Gerrard did it, we'd all be howling for blood.

You leave the ground like that and you are asking for trouble. In the long run, if he tackles cleanly without resorting to that, then he's better for it.

I'm not sure, I know he got the ball, but if a player did this to a NUFC player, or if Steven Gerrard did it, we'd all be howling for blood.

You leave the ground like that and you are asking for trouble. In the long run, if he tackles cleanly without resorting to that, then he's better for it.

Argument gets taken apart in a thread, disappears into the background for a couple of days, comes back in another thread completely ignoring the posts put to him previously, yet will, at a later date, claim victory in said debate :lol:

Argument gets taken apart in a thread, disappears into the background for a couple of days, comes back in another thread completely ignoring the posts put to him previously, yet will, at a later date, claim victory in said debate :lol:

Fuck Off You Boring Thread Derailling Cunt

Fuck Off You Boring Thread Derailling Cunt

Rich, you calling anyone boring.

Why don't you just draw a line in the sand, agree to disagree and leave it at that?