Tiote Red Card.

Deano

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now i've seen it again it's even more a clear cut red card. Reckless lunge and both feet were off the ground - applying the letter of today's law it's a certain red, regardless of how many feet made contact.

Appeal is in and will be dealt with under the fast-track system so a result will be known before Sunday. It's not inconceivable that the ban will be extended. I'd like it to be overturned but I'm almost certain it'll be upheld.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now i've seen it again it's even more a clear cut red card. Reckless lunge and both feet were off the ground - applying the letter of today's law it's a certain red, regardless of how many feet made contact.

Appeal is in and will be dealt with under the fast-track system so a result will be known before Sunday. It's not inconceivable that the ban will be extended. I'd like it to be overturned but I'm almost certain it'll be upheld.

<_<

Gemmill's mention of the Karl Henry thing is spot on. So is the mention of De Jong. We all demanded that both should have been sent off and their challenges were on a par with Tiote's yesterday.

People claiming he should have stayed on the pitch because those two did quite frankly need to have a word with themselves. Gerrard was sent off today for an almost identical challenge today - don't see many on here complaining about that one.

While we're at it, I think Barton was bloody lucky to escape last week. If I had to judge with bias to one side he should have walked too.

Gemmill's mention of the Karl Henry thing is spot on. So is the mention of De Jong. We all demanded that both should have been sent off and their challenges were on a par with Tiote's yesterday.

People claiming he should have stayed on the pitch because those two did quite frankly need to have a word with themselves. Gerrard was sent off today for an almost identical challenge today - don't see many on here complaining about that one.

While we're at it, I think Barton was bloody lucky to escape last week. If I had to judge with bias to one side he should have walked too.

Is it fuck comparable to De Jong's challenge. Tiote quite clearly went for and got the ball.

Whereas you could see the intent from De Jong was to intimidate Ben Arfa.

Totally agree like, he went for the ball and won it. It's the sort of tackle where you have to get the ball or you're in bother but he did get the ball. I thought it was a fucking great tackle tbh.

He lunged in with two feet off the ground. Under the current rulings that's a red card offence.

If it had been the other way we'd have been screaming for a red card and rightly so.

Shit loads of black and white tinted specs in here like.

Totally agree like, he went for the ball and won it. It's the sort of tackle where you have to get the ball or you're in bother but he did get the ball. I thought it was a fucking great tackle tbh.

15-20 years ago I'd agree with you. Not these days though sadly.

<_< In recent years I think I've only seen Beye who times a tackle better.

He lunged in with two feet off the ground. Under the current rulings that's a red card offence.

If it had been the other way we'd have been screaming for a red card and rightly so.

It's got nothing to do with black and white tinted specs. It was a fantastically timed tackle.

If it had been the other way round I'd have said exactly the same thing.

It's got nothing to do with black and white tinted specs. It was a fantastically timed tackle.

2 feet were off the deck - it was reckless.

Yet he timed it to perfection.

Yet he timed it to perfection.

Aye but it's still a red card offence these days. I don't like the rules any more than you lot but i acknowledge that that's the reason he was sent off.

He didn't extend his legs until he was sure he could get the ball before the man; he was in complete control of the situation imo, as demonstrated by the fact that he won the ball cleanly and made little contact with the player - not that that stopped him feigning injury. I'm not a fan of this, "Me very sorry, umbongo," type statement, as it is essentially an admission of guilt and will kill our hopes of appealing. Obviously Pardew has asked him to make this statement.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

In that respect do you reckon Gerrard should have stayed on the pitch today?

No. Because unlike Tiote his tackle was late and he quite clearly never got the ball.

On par with Beye who came diving across to poke the ball away from Robinho against Man City in 2008. Ref from a bad position (lazy carnt) gave it a red. Upon review it was rescinded being adjudged to have been the fantastic tackle that it was. One problem with Tiote is his horrible record of mostly innocuous yellows. That would have worked against him with the decision being made on the pitch as well IMO.

<_<In recent years I think I've only seen Beye who times a tackle better.

Elano would disagree tbh

Honest question here, can you please link me to this rule - I looked for it and could not find it.

Can't agree with that.

Nor that. Their player made a blatant meal of it and as I said got to the ball second. There's a massive difference in coming in two footed towards a player, and coming in two footed at the ball. The bad tackles are the ones where players use extra force/propulsion to come through other players to get the ball, not when the same force/propulsion is applied in getting to the ball first.

The facts count for nothing though, the FA won't rescind the card because they're a bunch of impotent bureaucrats. If Marriner (cunt) had of not given a foul/card then they would have done the same and sat on their hands, which highlights the hypocrisy. In all cases exlcuding the most obvious they'll side with the referee. Case in point being De Jong's "challenge' on Ben Arfa where excessive force was applied going through our player and the FA did nothing.

Theres no distinction in the laws of the game between jumping in 2 footed and winning the ball and jumping in 2 footed and missing the ball. Both are illegal. If you made it legal to jump in with both feet everyone would be at it and claiming they were going for the ball and we would see 50 broken legs a season. Im not sure what people cant understand about this?

He went in with one foot. Technically when he jumped, neither leg was extended, he did not extend his legs until he was sure he could take the ball before the man, thus reducing the risk of injury.

That's what I thought as well.

Theres no distinction in the laws of the game between jumping in 2 footed and winning the ball and jumping in 2 footed and missing the ball. Both are illegal.

Can you please show me where you are getting these rules from?

It's not legal to 'jump in' to a player, with two feet, or one foot or even no feet, it's not a case of jumping in to another player, it's a case of coming in to get the ball which their player didn't even have at the time.

If you made it legal to jump in with both feet everyone would be at it and claiming they were going for the ball and we would see 50 broken legs a season. Im not sure what people cant understand about this?

Noone is disputing anything like that. Like I said it's illegal to jump into a player at all, regardless of feet. You need to clarify the circumstances you're talking about.