Ranger urged to knuckle down

Tooj

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that they don't want to send Ranger out on loan, particularly to London, as they feel that, in view of his past, he needs close supervision.

He can now go either way; he can knuckle down and fulfill his potential, or he can blow it.

However, I think that, at his age, he looks better than Carrol did at the same age, so his potential is immense.

I agree, a lad I went to school with played in the same team as Carroll going through the youth ranks and into the reserves and in that age range everyone thought Lua Lua was going to be the one to really make it big and that Carroll probably wouldn't make it, then of course over the last few seasons he's really improved dramatically and took the chances he's been given. It'd be a shame to lose a player as talented as what Ranger looks to the simple fact he's a bit of a heed the baal, he'd not be the first talented lad to have a short career.

Agree with Geeforce about Shola in all, I'm nee fan but he can find the net and when he wants to play he can really play (even though that's canny rare) whereas Ranger seems to shit himself in front of goal every time after doing all the hard work to get there. I know giving him more games may boost his composure but the problem, like GF pointed out, is that he struggles against fresh defenders and is only really good as an impact sub at the moment.