Newcastle Appoint Joorabchian As Football Advisor

Christmas Tree

Exactly.

+

Newcastle United are reported to have appointed controversial Iranian businessman Kia Joorabchian as a football advisor at a time of speculation about a potential clear-out at St James' Park.

Originally leaked by The People for fucks sake. :lol:

:lol: Pardew probably has about as much affection for this bloke as KK has for Dennis Wise tbh.

i was just thinking the same about the striking similarities. another masterstroke by ashley. all he needs now is some ridiculous title to complete the parallels. executive advisor (football) or something

Source of that article.

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/snet-864018

Do you ever Sober up before writing Harry?

you guys realize, that the more you comment on HH articles, the more he writes this crap

HHarris is a fine fiction author. Sometimes he writes about things that seem to be going on. Akin to historical fiction, but in the present tense.

:lol:

Except it's probably not true.

Simon Bird says it's true and that Joorabchian has been trying for deals this week. He (Bird) hasn't written his piece about it yet but is going to.

Oh dear. Guardian podcast had a spiel about him in mid December. Was great mates with Gary Cooke at City, but they had a big falling out over Kia having too much sway around the club and Cooke not being happy about it. I think Kia(not going to attempt the surname on my phone) got Cooke the job at Man city too.

His contacts are supposed to be fantastic throughout football, but defo a shady character.

If true thats all that matters. Let Ashley worry about dodgy dealings, we'll just enjoy any players he coughs up.

................... for limited periods. Kia engineers/instigates transfers [of those that are on his books] with the sort of regularity which is alarming to say the least. One just has to look at Tevez' track record to clarify this point - regularly cashing in on his tradeable commodities, as he is an owner of players, is how this bloke makes his living. So much for the notion of maintaining any sense of stability within the squad, by being able to keep key palyers.

Also, what's to stop Ashley from selling our players' registration papers to KJ [or part ownership rights at least, for a short-term profit or quick quid], so that KJ [an adept mover & shaker in the transfer market] can further profit later as a player moves from club to club, in the case of a youngster as they progress. Ashley is an unconventional operator, a maverick of sorts, so i would place this type of scenario [or business arrangement] within the realm of possibility.

Edited by Year Zero

like.... WEST HAM :lol:

no points deduction but effectively £25m fine.

and look at them now

They got a £5.5m fine at the time

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/6594613.stm

Then a few years later agreed to pay Sheffield United 25m.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle5904470.ece

They also had to pay £2.2million in compensation to Curbishley in-between.

Not a well run club!

He's probably stepping into Jimenez' former role, as the club's advisory wheeler & dealer in the player market, and Jimenez was known to have alot of contacts [in Spain in particular]. The failed system [as it was under KK] is indeed alive & well.

Apart from tha fact that it's [KJ's involvement in the club's transfer market affairs, in a now official capacity as 'Football Advisor'] a business related decision, but it in all honesty it also spells that of Ashley handing out the proverbial 'up yours' toward the ruling establishment, a pointed two fingered salute at the FA, at the new chairman/Bernstein [a noted enemy of Ashley] in particular.

It's a pretty defiant move on the club's part to be in such close cahoots with a shady operator [KJ], whose previous & close involvement [way of conducting transfer dealings] with West Ham brought about the fall wrath of the FA coming atop of them & subsequent legal action. Admittedly the Tevez-West Ham transfer attracted sanctions under a previous chairman. Such is the stigma attached to this bloke it's a risky & defiant move, with Bernstein now at the helm it's all the more pointed.

It's a relationship that's one part business [for the benefit of the club's balance sheets], and one part antagonistic/designed to take the mick out of another party. It's classic Mike Ashley.

Edited by Year Zero

................... for limited periods. Kia engineers/instigates transfers [of those that are on his books] with the sort of regularity which is alarming to say the least. One just has to look at Tevez' track record to clarify this point - regularly cashing in on his tradeable commodities, as he is an owner of players, is how this bloke makes his living. So much for the notion of maintaining any sense of stability within the squad, by being able to keep key palyers.

Also, what's to stop Ashley from selling our players' registration papers to KJ [or part ownership rights at least, for a short-term profit or quick quid], so that KJ [an adept mover & shaker in the transfer market] can further profit later as a player moves from club to club, in the case of a youngster as they progress. Ashley is an unconventional operator, a maverick of sorts, so i would place this type of scenario [or business arrangement] within the realm of possibility.

Thats a very interesting and worrying point

He's probably stepping into Jimenez' former role, as the club's advisory wheeler & dealer in the player market, and Jimenez was known to have alot of contacts [in Spain in particular]. The failed system [as it was under KK] is indeed alive & well.

Apart from tha fact that it's [KJ's involvement in the club's transfer market affairs, in a now official capacity as 'Football Advisor'] a business related decision, but it in all honesty it also spells that of Ashley handing out the proverbial 'up yours' toward the ruling establishment, a pointed two fingered salute at the FA, at the new chairman/Bernstein [a noted enemy of Ashley] in particular.

It's a pretty defiant move on the club's part to be in such close cahoots with a shady operator [KJ], whose previous & close involvement [way of conducting transfer dealings] with West Ham brought about the fall wrath of the FA coming atop of them & subsequent legal action. Admittedly the Tevez-West Ham transfer attracted sanctions under a previous chairman. Such is the stigma attached to this bloke it's a risky & defiant move, with Bernstein now at the helm it's all the more pointed.

It's a relationship that's one part business [for the benefit of the club's balance sheets], and one part antagonistic/designed to take the mick out of another party. It's classic Mike Ashley.

Hmm, only one winner there like.

Tevez to Newcastle eh?

I wonder is this in any way linked to the deal that was made when Gonzalez was signed there 2 seasons ago..

i.e. loan Gonzalez and you'll get first rights on a load of South American players...

Pardew states "no truth" in story that Joorabchian will be involved in transfer window dealings.

Whey that's a bit like hiring Gordon Ramsay and saying he'll have nowt to do with the catering.

Have we actually hired him though? Genuine question as I've not heard it confirmed. I could imagine Pardew being the last to know owt as well like.

Pardew states "no truth" in story that Joorabchian will be involved in transfer window dealings.

Whey that's a bit like hiring Gordon Ramsay and saying he'll have nowt to do with the catering.

Have we actually hired him though? Genuine question as I've not heard it confirmed. I could imagine Pardew being the last to know owt as well like.

I've only read what's in this thread in the last 10 minutes, but I thought if we hadn't, Pardew would state there was no truth in the story that Joorabchian was being employed by the club.

I've only read what's in this thread in the last 10 minutes, but I thought if we hadn't, Pardew would state there was no truth in the story that Joorabchian was being employed by the club.

Simon bird seemed to think there was weight to the story, but I've heard nowt since