FAO Lou

catmag

I was looking through a copy of our local council news magazine last night and a couple of things made me think of you. Not sure if you'd be interested or know about them already, but if not - here they are..

Thursday 8 Decmber (tomorrow!)

Jack Frost and The Ice Queen

Plush entertainment perform stilt walk-about shows at Baltic Square, Gateshead Quays. From 4-4.45pm and 5.30-6.30pm. Phone 0191-4775380

Sunday 11th December

Bread and Butter theatre company perform walk-about street theatre. At Baltic Square and St May's Square, Gateshead Quays. 12 noon, 1pm and 2pm.

:lol:

Oooo, interesting! Ta Cath!

Incidently, a girl said she saw someone on a giraffe uni (ie: a very tall one, the seat can be 5 - 10ft above the ground) performing in Northumberland Street.... does this happen often??

That person could well usurp the Chirpy Double Bass guys as my favourites.... :lol:

Incidently, a girl said she saw someone on a giraffe uni (ie: a very tall one, the seat can be 5 - 10ft above the ground) performing in Northumberland Street.... does this happen often??

65504[/snapback]

Not if I can help it. :lol:

Street entertainers are the pits tbh.

Edited by Gemmill

65504[/snapback]

65838[/snapback]

Sub-human scum imo. As wor lass is apt to shout at these types: 'Get a fucking job!'

65504[/snapback]

65838[/snapback]

*dreams of putting a stick in the spokes of said 'giraffe' unicycle and sniggles uncontrolably*

65504[/snapback]

65838[/snapback]

*dreams of putting a stick in the spokes of said 'giraffe' unicycle and sniggles uncontrolably*

66108[/snapback]

:lol:Shhhhhhhh... you'll hurt Lou's feelings. Tsk

65504[/snapback]

65838[/snapback]

66108[/snapback]

;)Shhhhhhhh... you'll hurt Lou's feelings. Tsk

66192[/snapback]

And?

65504[/snapback]

65838[/snapback]

66108[/snapback]

66192[/snapback]

And?

66195[/snapback]

Meanie.

65504[/snapback]

65838[/snapback]

66108[/snapback]

66192[/snapback]

And?

66195[/snapback]

Meanie.

66219[/snapback]

I like her really.

65504[/snapback]

65838[/snapback]

Sub-human scum imo. As wor lass is apt to shout at these types: 'Get a fucking job!'

66090[/snapback]

Egg-fucking-zactly. A bunch of people with no jobs and no discernible talent, doing things like juggling in the street. A 10 year old can juggle and there are actually people that will form a crowd and watch a grown man do it! Not to mention mimes - you're not stuck in a box, you're just a twat.

Ive noticed we seem to have street performers in torquay on a regular basis lately, cant say im keen on them. We have this person stood on a block, swathed all in white, white face and hands....a statue :lol: Scares the life out of people when he suddenly moves!! :lol:

Completely agree with mimes and statues - scare the feck outta me. One of them I saw around the place I *knew* was the sister of one of my mates..... but she still scared me.

I never really thought twice about street performers before I befriended them. Unfortunately, the one that I originally befriended turned out to be the biggest fuckin' twat in the universe..... but luckily, all of the others were lovely. And they work ridiculously hard for their money... and if they're actually any good, then they've been learning their skills since *forever*. And it's just luck as to whether they end up making loads, or scrape together a tenner.

Anyways, you're entitled to your own opinions on this..... you think they're tossers. Fair enough. Some of them are.

But, a mon avis, not all of them. :lol:

Oh, and unfortunately I'm busy with work today (urgh, statistics...) so could ne pas go to see it. Boo.

Edited by Lou

The worst street entertainer I've ever seen was on Michigan Ave in Chicago. A young'ish lad in dreadful 80's clothes with a ghetto blaster 'dancing' in the loosest sense of the word. It was excruciating. :lol: