Spurs v Wham Stadium Schazam.

Park Life

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marshall-Baines

Exactly... his point is meaningless uniess he reveals. Was on here talking about it first - FACT ;)

Which brings me back to my pissed up song about him....

We once thought of you as a yiddo and a jew

Now we know you're a total liar too

But when the bright morning falls

And you're taking 80 calls

You're sick as fuck and stuck in Newbury

der der der der der der Cheer up Daaaaaaaaaanny B, oh what can it mean to a call centre worker and a cunt making tea

Should have been Leyton Orient.

Anyway, Levy sounds like a right twat if he's going to sue everyone. You lost, so fuck off and pay for making your own stadium.

That was the point. Spurs bid involved no public money whatsoever.

West Hams bid involved a 40 mil grant from Newham.

As an aside the OPLC are denying any decision has been made.

Good news for Spurs fans I'd have thought. I wouldn't like to move several miles from where we are now. Location's a massive thing in regard to a football club imo.

Good news for Spurs fans I'd have thought. I wouldn't like to move several miles from where we are now. Location's a massive thing in regard to a football club imo.

Would have thought a mega stadium and all the jingle that goes with that would be better for the Spurs of the future.

Would have thought a mega stadium and all the jingle that goes with that would be better for the Spurs of the future.

F**k em. Im the now. Im most important.

Should have been Leyton Orient.

Anyway, Levy sounds like a right twat if he's going to sue everyone. You lost, so fuck off and pay for making your own stadium.

That was the point. Spurs bid involved no public money whatsoever.

West Hams bid involved a 40 mil grant from Newham.

As an aside the OPLC are denying any decision has been made.

What about the plans for the stadium next door to WHL? Surely if that was still an option, then I would assume Spurs were just trying to blag a cheaper option, and should not be so arsey if they lose out. I wasn't in favour of either club getting it really, and I thought that 1 or more lower league team that is closer should get it (e.g. Leyton Orient).

Guest Marshall-Baines
The 40mil from Newham is a loan to be repaid at commercial rates NOT a grant according to what i read.

Feel sorry for Orient though.

West Ham will always be a scruffy no mark club, their fanbase won't grow imo. They are to Arsenal what Sunderland are to Newcastle. 1986 was their best ever season for fuck sake, have a look.

Guest Marshall-Baines

So West Ham have won it eh? On condition they accept the athletics track remains. What a joke :icon_lol: Anyone who's ever been to watch Gateshead knows that an athletics track around the pitch diminshes the atmosphere and experience ten fold. Arshavin said after the game on Saturday he had never known an atmosphere like it due to the closeness to the pitch of the fans and the intimacy of SJP. That's all gone now for West Ham, if I was a WHU fan I'd be gutted.

1) They have a shit fanbase anyway, which won't grow when there are three better clubs within 10 miles, and another 6 or 7 comparable ones.

2) The support they have could diminish because of this move

3) They'll be lucky to get 30,000 in an 80,000 stadium, they'll look like a Russian team at home

4) Alan Sugar is a wanker, he's saying in four years time "we'll be saying we told you so", what makes him think Tottenham could've made more a success of it.

Totally laughable, and say what you like about Upton Park, shithole ground, shithole right wing area, ages to get to on the tube - at least it was a proper football ground.

I don't understand the economics - even if they sell Upton Park (shit area) I can't see them getting that much for it as they need a 40m loan from the council. They've also said they'll charge next to nowt in an attempt to fill it but 60k x £10 say is less than 35k x £30. I can't see that many boxes being filled either.

They're also gambling that 60k (if they ever get that) will generate a better atmosphere than Upton park - a huge leap of faith given the track.

Guest Marshall-Baines

Look at this I've done, no wonder Orient are fucked off.

Yellow = Spurs, you can see how laughable their bid was on so many levels by the distance away from Tottenham it is.

Red = Orient

Claret and Blue = West Ham

Pink = The Olympic Stadium

When you look at from the air, it is an actually a disgrace towards Orient. If you're from Leyton, Leytonstone, Hackney, Stratford, you could be inclined to support Orient, but now kids will grow up with a bigger club closer in some regards. It's like when Asian shop keepers came over years ago and opened offies, they put other offies out of business by muscling in on their patch.

t02n9l.jpg

Yellow = Spurs, you can see how laughable their bid was on so many levels by the distance away from Tottenham it is.

Red = Orient

When you look at from the air, it is an actually a disgrace towards Orient. If you're from Leyton, Leytonstone, Hackney, Stratford, you could be inclined to support Orient, but now kids will grow up with a bigger club closer in some regards. It's like when Asian shop keepers came over years ago and opened offies, they put other offies out of business by muscling in on their patch.

I'd have thought Orient's fans are pretty local to Leyton and tbh Stratford itself is close-ish to West Ham. I've always thought Hackney tended to be more Spurs territory but that could be a generalisation based on the prevalent skin colour as well.

Guest Marshall-Baines

Red = Orient

I'd have thought Orient's fans are pretty local to Leyton and tbh Stratford itself is close-ish to West Ham. I've always thought Hackney tended to be more Spurs territory but that could be a generalisation based on the prevalent skin colour as well.

Hackney might be a bit out, but without doubt Stratford to Leytonstone across to Forest Gate is definitely a little Orient enclave. Stratford is one stop from Leyton tube man, which is 150 yards from Brisbane Road. Spent loads of time round there as a kid so I'm not speculating, it is a proper Orient place.

Hackney might be a bit out, but without doubt Stratford to Leytonstone across to Forest Gate is definitely a little Orient enclave. Stratford is one stop from Leyton tube man, which is 150 yards from Brisbane Road. Spent loads of time round there as a kid so I'm not speculating, it is a proper Orient place.

I'd agree with the bit to the north and east of the green belt next to the river being Orient but because of that gap I'd guess anything south of Stratford and the built up area to the east of that through and to the north of Plaistow is more likely West Ham.

I'd also say its a bit of a push to compare Orient and West ham fanbase wise because as I said I'd guess Orient are very local - if people are going to be brought up to support Orient now, I can't really see that changing just because of the stadium.

Glad the yid fuckers didn't get it but think it will end up being a disaster anyway. Half empty most matches and shite atmosphere

This is where Stevie, Danny and so on have got it all wrong. The future of football is to do with mass tv audiences across the planet and little or nothing to do with fans needs or desires. That's where the money is. Pretty sure people will be paid to actually attend matches in the not too distant future or there wil be canned chants... :icon_lol:

Glad the yid fuckers didn't get it but think it will end up being a disaster anyway. Half empty most matches and shite atmosphere

This is where Stevie, Danny and so on have got it all wrong. The future of football is to do with mass tv audiences across the planet and little or nothing to do with fans needs or desires. That's where the money is. Pretty sure people will be paid to actually attend matches in the not too distant future or there wil be canned chants... :icon_lol:

Even then Wigan couldn't half fill their ground, there's only so much people will do for money

Even then Wigan couldn't half fill their ground, there's only so much people will do for money

Local support is practically already irrelevant for the top brands.