Shaun Wright Phillips & Roque Santa Cruz

loonyTOON

Just seen this on SSN. If both were willing to take pay-cuts to a reasonable level, would definately be playing week in/week out. I think both would have a great impact on the side.

Hoping that this MAY be a hush hush deal and want to be suprised.

One can only hope I guess

Are they off elsewhere on loan or permanent deals?

Santa cruz is loan, but they have to pay his wages fully.

Not coming here then, I'd have thought.

Edited by alex

With SWP I'dd have him here no questions asked - but on a loan. At 29 being so reliant on speed and being so small I'd say before too long he'll pick up an injury and the older he gets the longer it will take and the more he'll lose in recovering. Contracted to Man City until 2013.

Edited by OzToonFan

Barton is better than SWP and Santa Cruz is a one season wonder.

Would improve the squad but given their horrific wages I wouldn't be overjoyed to have either of them.

Very different players (SWP and Barton). One issue is that SWP doesn't play frequently enough to judge how good he is at the top of his game. Moving Barton back into the centre is surely a target despite him performing well in a slightly wider role (he doesn't get too far wide that often).

Barton is better than SWP and Santa Cruz is a one season wonder.

Would improve the squad but given their horrific wages I wouldn't be overjoyed to have either of them.

You can't really compare Barton and SWP as they're two completely different players. Because Barton needs to move back into the middle. Granted he's been outstanding on the wing, but we need proper pace out there and let him run the game from the middle.

Barton has been brilliant out wide, Tiote needs to stay in CM and we can't (imo) drop Nolan who despite not being the best when he doesn't score, scores enough goals to more and justify his place. Wouldn't want him playing off Carroll either.

They aren't the same players but I would much rather keep Barton on the wing.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Heard a rumour that SWP was in Newcastle tonight.

I can verify it. He was at the ground at 6pm according to my sources. :)

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I can verify it. He was at the ground at 6pm according to my sources. :icon_lol:

Not the leighton baines source i trust? :)

He'd do a decent job. He's got that priceless commodity we lack - pace. Better option than larsson

Edited by Dr Gloom

I can verify it. He was at the ground at 6pm according to my sources. :icon_lol:

He'd do a decent job. He's got that priceless commodity we lack - pace. Better option than larsson

The next person who mentions Leighton Baines I'll find out where you live and fuckin post anthrax through your door.

I can verify it. He was at the ground at 6pm according to my sources. :nufc:

The next person who mentions Leighton Baines I'll find out where you live and fuckin post anthrax through your door.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :( :( :(

Just pissed meself laughing, I'm getting dodgy looks!

oh go on then Mr FBGOOOC Sir do enlighten me, i quite like a nice cup of anthrax in the morning. Keeps the circuit boards nice and clean.

So whats the story with Leighton Baines and this "source" ?

I think a priority in the summer has to be an expensive left winger as well. Some Spanish team might be daft enough to give us £5m for Jonas. I remember when he signed someone on the Spanish football on sky, that jock cunt that's in Madrid all the time Graham somecunt, he was saying he was the third best player in La Liga in 07/08 when we signed him so his rep over there must be decent plus he's played for the Argentina NT a lot so we could just get our money back. Playing in England always seems to enhance foreign players reputations regardless how they do. Was a miracle we got £7m back for Tino, imo, so yeah a left winger in the summer a must for me, hopefully this SWP will sort the right.

Edit what the fuck am I on about money back, we got him for fuck all. I mean we could get 5/6m to reinvest in someone decent, we missed the boat massively with Johnson though when he left Boro, I know we were down, but being a toon fan he would've crawled a million miles over broken glass to sign for us imo.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club