Post a picture of something shit on Wearside

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Hilarious that they claim the current Wearmouth Bridge is older than the current Tyne Bridge.

Tyne Bridge - 1927

Wearmouth Bridge - 1929

And while we're at it, the older variant of the Tyne is still older than that of the Wearmouth:

Tyne - 1781

Wearmouth - 1796

Thick as mince.

One of them has posted pictures of the place covered in snow :) Aye, picturesque maybe, but whats hiding under the white stuff? I don't even understand half the posts on there either, stick to posting images lads!

The pictures they are posting to defend themselves :) I swear down they remind me of when you see a fat lass on facebook that takes snaps from certain angles to hide her chubbiness. Tragic.

Loving how this thread is evidence we're obsessed with them like. This is the exception to the rule, and only posted because it's almost derby day. Seriously, how many threads about Sunderland do we normally have on here? About 0.1% maybe? Compare that with the SMB, whenever I take a look over there there is usually at least half a dozen Newcastle-related threads on their front page at any one time. There's also usually a couple of threads from Sunderland fans slagging off their own city, I might add - that's clearly the more perceptive ones.

This thread is obviously not bothering them one little bit either. :icon_lol:

And this wouldn't even be on here if Stevie hadn't hit the Special Brew in preparation for the derby :)

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
The pictures they are posting to defend themselves :)I swear down they remind me of when you see a fat lass on facebook that takes snaps from certain angles to hide her chubbiness. Tragic.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :( :(

I still don't get how posting a pic of Keith Beefy Roberts is a defence of their city, especially as he's from Shields. I bet 169 of the 210 guests reading this thread are actually snarling at their monitors.

The thread on RTG has quietened down a bit, they're all out with their cameras, flash turned off, taking photos of their beautiful city in the dark :) Gowan lads!

I'm sure that everybody here knows that Sunderland is a city that has suffered from neglect, while our neighbours have prospered from significantly higher levels of investment and regeneration. And to a degree I understand that. It is the larger of the cities, and let's not forget that we haven't even been a "city" for very long.

On basis of architecture, amenity and attraction I would never try to claim that Sunderland can hold a candle to Newcastle.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.ph...8#ixzz1Ax7viEhg

By area or population?

Newcastle (city) 273,600

Sunderland (city) 280,300

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Engli...s_by_population

tbf a lot of them are acknowledging that our city centre is miles better than theirs but they rightly point out that we have plenty of rough areas just outside the centre....as do they

Having a go at Stevie for saying a photo is 'recent' rather than commenting that it's less than 3 years old suggesting he has the inability to read then in the next breath one turd posts a link to a load of photos of Benwell which is quite clearly labelled as "readied for demolition". :icon_lol:

The delicious irony though has to be the fact that they've got a 9 page thread purely about our 5 page thread which had been started 2½ hours earlier. Yet we're the ones who are obsessed? :)

I'm sure that everybody here knows that Sunderland is a city that has suffered from neglect, while our neighbours have prospered from significantly higher levels of investment and regeneration. And to a degree I understand that. It is the larger of the cities, and let's not forget that we haven't even been a "city" for very long.

On basis of architecture, amenity and attraction I would never try to claim that Sunderland can hold a candle to Newcastle.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.ph...8#ixzz1Ax7viEhg

By area or population?

Newcastle (city) 273,600

Sunderland (city) 280,300

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Engli...s_by_population

He mustn't have counted inbreds as part of the Sunderland population whereas wiki must have

The pictures they are posting to defend themselves :) I swear down they remind me of when you see a fat lass on facebook that takes snaps from certain angles to hide her chubbiness. Tragic.

More or less all of the images thrown up are arty shots. They don't seem to realise that a nice photo of the Wearmouth Bridge shrouded in mist is just that. The actual structure is a fucking mess :icon_lol:

The thing is, their argument is that Newcastle is just a nice centre with a load of shit places around it but Sunderland has what exactly? Shit town centre, shit surroundings and full of mongs.

They win :)