Post a picture of something shit on Wearside

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I think we can all agree that the outcome of this thread is that Gateshead is the best.

Too rights, high five. I used to live just off Coatsie Road and that had FIVE chip shops, a Nisa AND the Toon Army Barber Shop. Back of the net.

Slumming it with the jews? :)

Live two mins from there tbh, just up near the Leisure Centre.

I think we can all agree that the outcome of this thread is that Gateshead is the best.

Too rights, high five. I used to live just off Coatsie Road and that had FIVE chip shops, a Nisa AND the Toon Army Barber Shop. Back of the net.

Slumming it with the jews? :)

Live two mins from there tbh, just up near the Leisure Centre.

:icon_lol: The other way, next to Windmill Hills. Been a year or something since I moved now like but it was handy to basically be in walking distance of Newcastle. I remember us talking about the finer points of takeaways along your end before :icon_lol:

To be fair to Sunderland, it must have been a massive blow to them when their premier entertainment venue, The New Monkey closed! It was up there with Amnesia and Es Paradis et all

2067678970_l.jpg000.jpg

Where else do you see Dads off their tits? :)

Edited by Anth

For our city centre being shit they dont half come to vist it alot mind. If theres was so great wtf are they doing coming here. Found it funny that he had to come to silkey to do a bit of skiing mind, what your massive mint city dont have a shitty ski slope like fucking hell it must be like living in the dark ages mind.

After I took the piss that it's the only thing they have that we don't one of them comes out with that :):icon_lol:

pmsl mackems man honestly you could not make them up, at least 40 years behind us in everyway development wise and I don't just mean the bricks and mortar of buildings, attitudes, everything.

Newcastle was a city built upon underhanded cowardice and brown-nosing. And that, my friend, is historical fact. They were scared of the innovation of Sunderland. Too scared, in fact, to back themselves in a fair fight and be willing to compete. Instead, they brown-nosed the crown until they stacked the deck in their favour and awarded Newcastle a north east monopoly on coal exports.

:)

For our city centre being shit they dont half come to vist it alot mind. If theres was so great wtf are they doing coming here. Found it funny that he had to come to silkey to do a bit of skiing mind, what your massive mint city dont have a shitty ski slope like fucking hell it must be like living in the dark ages mind.

After I took the piss that it's the only thing they have that we don't one of them comes out with that :):icon_lol:

pmsl mackems man honestly you could not make them up, at least 40 years behind us in everyway development wise and I don't just mean the bricks and mortar of buildings, attitudes, everything.

you're actually talking genetics here aren't you? and i'm not sure you're even joking :icon_lol:

As a breed of people I doubt there is any in the UK so bitter towards another area. The (cheesy) chip on their hunched shoulder is so fucking big it could feed their fat fucking family of 7 for a month. The place is a Dump. Course Newcastle has dogy area's. But for every Elswick we have a Gosforth. For every run down shack we have stunning architecture. Sunderland and the neighbouring area's are rat ridden dumps all in. I think there is one decent area that I can think of. The "City" centre is laughable and comparable to the likes of Stockton. In fact, the gene pool is likely shared with somewhere like Stockton.

But, for all the place is one big dump, it could be improved with investment (over a few decades) whereas the people as far as I can see will never ever shake this obsession and bitterness towards the main NE City.

you're actually talking genetics here aren't you? and i'm not sure you're even joking :icon_lol:

More human development and appreciation of the wider world, genetically they'll not be that much different to us, but they're generally not as attractive and that has to be things like diet and environment. I've never been in a city anywhere in the world where more people smoke for example. I'd say 80% of lasses between 16 and 30 smoke not exaggerating. It's a sweeping statement but you have to spend a lot of time in Sunderland to fully comprehend the loserville attitude and acceptance of mediocrity that covers that city.

Newcastle University - currently ranked 29th in UK (disappointing tbh).

unionpluslogo.jpg

Northumbria University - ranked 64th.

northumbria2.jpg

Sunderland University - ranked 93rd.

echo_24_uni_glass_centre_470x313.jpg

:)

Why man arrl that ees, ees a classeec example of North Eyst biust showan towahhds Neuuuuuuwcassul. Meelions of ewwur taxes spent on Tayynsayyyde, and Neuuuuuuuucassul 'as flerrished while we've stagnayutud. Eets a disgrayuce.

Darren Bent lives in Newcastle (and I bet a load of them do as well). Says it all really. Can you imagine if Leon Best decided to find a house in Sunderland?

One of them was having a coronary on the SMB yesterday because Craig Gordon had been spotted in Newcastle... until someone pointed out he lived in Darras Hall :)

It depends on what you would class as a 'better' city

Newcastle has by far more 'attractions' and has had a lot more money invested into the place over the years. However Newcastle is full of people from all owa the country, and full of foreigners.

At least in Sunderland it is full of people from Sunderland.

Yes there are some shitholes. But the likes of Pennywell and Silky are no worse that the likes of Byker and Benwell.

I tell you what... why don't you put on your xxxxl barcode top and take a walk through Hendon on Sunday and tell them how shite their area is.... See how far you get

It depends on what you would class as a 'better' city

Newcastle has by far more 'attractions' and has had a lot more money invested into the place over the years. However Newcastle is full of people from all owa the country, and full of foreigners.

At least in Sunderland it is full of people from Sunderland.

Yes there are some shitholes. But the likes of Pennywell and Silky are no worse that the likes of Byker and Benwell.

I tell you what... why don't you put on your xxxxl barcode top and take a walk through Hendon on Sunday and tell them how shite their area is.... See how far you get

You're not helping your argument.

The thing that annoys me most about the SMB is the bit where they claim to be "County Durham's team" - it takes the piss out of people in the south of the county as well as places like Stanley and Consett and much more offensively South Tyneside and Gateshead.

For this reason alone I'd love to see a tactictal nuclear weapon used on the cunts.