Margaret Thatcher in hospital

Sicklee Sausage Roll

Just reminds me of:

Those braving the autumnal chill booed Dyer at kick-off, thawed towards him but, when a hamstring pull necessitated his second-half withdrawl, there were cries of "hope it's nothing trivial".

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/...1306776,00.html

...since that was probably my old man, with his seat in front of the press area. :lol: He'll be saying the same thing about our beloved ex-PM tonight, though, so I hope that redeems his cause a little. :lol:

William Hauge was on the radio th is morning saying the 'whole country' will be hoping for a speedy recovery. Good to see the new Tory shadow cabinet isn't out of touch with the electorate...

65671[/snapback]

isn't he effectively her 'love-child' though? :lol:

I'm at Uni (Preston), and that news came up last night I told my flatmates how there will be some huge parties back at home (Consett) if she does die, and they just couldn't believe that people hated her so much!

There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth in places like beaconsfield and Surrey mind............................

65880[/snapback]

Beaconsfield, between Tynemouth and Cullercoats? :lol:

I live near there, and yeah, that would probably be about right for my neighbourhood. :lol:

Ah one of the "Broadway" fascists eh? 

or are you a "Piper" drinker

65898[/snapback]

I used to be a regular in The Piper as I went out with a girl who lived near it. She ended up being a right psycho and due to wanting to keep at least one of my testicles I haven't been back for a while..

Aye well none of them are much cop - all built in the 60's when they built the area up IIRC - not a patch on the places in Tynemouth Village

wazza place on the sea front next to the marine thingy?

the "Park"? Been to few weddings in my time there but always looked an odd place to go for a beer.............

The Broadway has gone right downhill as it happens.

65904[/snapback]

Haven't been in since the revamp, but it looks like it's changed from a pub into a pretendy trendy wino.

65907[/snapback]

Exactly, but it isn't a decent pub or a decent bar now. The wine tastes like piss, and the food is anything but gastronomic. Strangely, Bev Simpson gave it good marks in her review in the Metro (food column), which convinced me once and for all she talks out her arse.

Aye well none of them are much cop - all built in the 60's when they built the area up IIRC - not a patch on the places in Tynemouth Village

wazza place on the sea front next to the marine thingy? 

the "Park"?  Been to few weddings in my time there but always looked an odd place to go for a beer.............

65908[/snapback]

The Park hotel, fuck me, that place has really gone to the dogs. It's owned by a greek man who is seemingly clueless. I don't want to say too much about it, for fear of libel, but put it this way, I believe food hygiene is a matter of public record now. What a waste, it now makes its money ripping off people getting married and catering for coach loads of OAPs (sorry if I've offended anyone getting or having been married there recently).

The Grand, on the other hand, is superb in comparison. Copperfields at the back has the best pub food in Tynemouth.