Do you feel sorry for Sunderland?

Zvindon Magyar

Things are certainly a damned sight worse for them than they are for us.

I think I can empathise with them, but not sympathise. If the boot was on the other foot, they'd be pissing themselves at us!

After all, it's only 6 months ago they were mocking us because they'd won silverware and we hadn't...

Come on- they may very well break their 19 point (low) record yet! I'd call it painfully embarrassing, and I feel a slight sympathy, but no more than that. Kind of like stepping on a butterfly... after the initial "Aww... :lol:" comes the "Ah, just a bug after all innit?".... they're only mackems after all. :lol:

Edited by Mags

Come on- they may very well break their 19 point (low) record yet! I'd call it painfully embarrassing, and I feel a slight sympathy, but no more than that. Kind of like stepping on a butterfly... after the initial "Aww... :lol:" comes the "Ah, just a bug after all innit?".... they're only mackems after all. :lol:

65634[/snapback]

Well said Mags.

Have a pint on their suffering LOL

I prefer them where they are to going extinct/waving 2-1 flags/winning games at the top of division 2 [championship or whatever they call it now]

Come on- they may very well break their 19 point (low) record yet! I'd call it painfully embarrassing, and I feel a slight sympathy, but no more than that. Kind of like stepping on a butterfly... after the initial "Aww... :blush:" comes the "Ah, just a bug after all innit?".... they're only mackems after all. :lol:

65634[/snapback]

:lol:;);):(:blush:

Preeeecisely!

And Swindy, any more of this lilly-livered posting and it wont be long before someone is having a go at you again!! :blush:

I don't really feel sorry for them, but it must be a pretty miserable existence as a Sunderland fan. Resigned to being a yo-yo club and having to just accept the fact that Bob Murray sees one season in the Premiership followed by relegation back to the Championship as the best the club can hope to achieve.

Got mates who are mackems and I feel sorry for them on a personal level, although this has never detracted from the amusement and satisfaction of their current predicament. However, I play football with a right bitter mackem bastid who seems to have just lost the will to have a go at us since the Derby match. No banter with him anymore, which says it all about their plight. I never thought I'd say this as he's a right bitter twat, but I actually feel sorry for him.

Still, if they go down with less than 19 points I'll be as happy as a pig in shit. :lol:

I just view them with complete apathy to be honest. While they are no threat to us then I'm just not interested and don't take any great pleasure in their demise.

I do feel that it would be shit to be a Sunderland fan (on so many levels!) but we sit here and whinge about how badly done to we are as Newcastle fans, but it must feel REALLY shit to be a Sunderland fan.