Routledge back to QPR on loan

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same guy who told me this, also said Shaun Wight-philips is being lined up.

*face palm*

I'd say he's an improvement without a shadow of a doubt and I can't see it being permanent so I don't see the problem. SWP could play off the main striker as well.

*face palm*

I'd say he's an improvement without a shadow of a doubt and I can't see it being permanent so I don't see the problem. SWP could play off the main striker as well.

If we get SWP on loan I would be happy with that. I just dont want us to slap big wages on another "trophy" signing when he is a one trick pony. Speed, thats it.

*face palm*

If we get SWP on loan I would be happy with that. I just dont want us to slap big wages on another "trophy" signing when he is a one trick pony. Speed, thats it.

No way we'd pay his wages tbh so no worries there. Not that we should be looking at players on those wages anyway unless they're world class. Obviously we're not in a position to attract that sort of player anyway so it's moot. I very much doubt we'll be paying all his wages either.

This better be covered by a direct replacement coming in and you have to assume it is even if it's just loan.

That being the case I'd be v happy if it did turn out to be SWP. He actually wants away too-whenever you hear him on the North West news, he's painfully careful not to alienate himself from the Citeh fans but at the same time always telegraphs that his priority is first team football and ultimately he'd go elsewhere to get that. He's genuinely after matches and I like that.

Routledge is just a sprinter at the end of the day. Never a footballer in a month of Sundays. If this came off with SWP coming in it'd be quite a significant strengthening iyam.

If it's SWP in-bound or someone of equivalent quality, yes. Otherwise, sending Routledge out is just weakening this squad further. I said he'd be on his bike soon in another thread, although for the life of me I can't figure out why - it's not as though we've got anyone better.

EDIT: Just to be clear, even sending Routledge out on loan is a bad idea if you ask me. The squad is very weak. Adding SWP would make it stronger, but why not keep Routledge as cover anyway? He can't be on mega wages...

Edited by acrossthepond

SWP as I said is a big improvement of what we have and still young enough to recapture his old form. You can't ever play at the top of your powers when you're in and out the side every week, and that's been him largely for 5 years.

Why do so many mangers have SWP on the bench and not starting? It has to say soemthing about the lad.

Tbf he's not exactly warming the bench of poor sides. Also a victim of the system played at Man City under Mancini.

SWP as I said is a big improvement of what we have and still young enough to recapture his old form. You can't ever play at the top of your powers when you're in and out the side every week, and that's been him largely for 5 years.

I just think his heads right tbh listening to him. You can tell all the Chelsea stuff is behind him now (that mindset) and in many ways a lot of what's going on at Citeh now mirrors Chelsea of five years ago-huge signings every five minutes etc etc-and he's got no time for it, he just wants to be playing football matches and everything else is a distraction.

Why do so many mangers have SWP on the bench and not starting? It has to say soemthing about the lad.

Tbf he's not exactly warming the bench of poor sides. Also a victim of the system played at Man City under Mancini.

True, true. Anyways, like whats been said. If its Routledge out and SWP in, both loans, its better improvement on what we have.

I just think his heads right tbh listening to him. You can tell all the Chelsea stuff is behind him now (that mindset) and in many ways a lot of what's going on at Citeh now mirrors Chelsea of five years ago-huge signings every five minutes etc etc-and he's got no time for it, he just wants to be playing football matches and everything else is a distraction.

Aye thats spot on that tbh. Good point Manc.

he's 29, as his main attribute is pace, and sure to go soon, if swp is on loan this could be his last chance at proving anything i guess. and wouldnt lumber us with another legless geremi

still listing him as a duff though

I feel bad for Routlegde-seems a good lad, and not a bad squad player/impact sub.

I got the impression he was genuinely happy to be given another shot at the PL with a top club.

:lol: When did he get that like?