Stephen Ireland...

Shear3r

Cheers, still getting to grips with it, would I be right in saying there's a fair few mongs on there?

Aye. Colin Warris is the only fucker that's called the "big transfer news" they're talking about as Ireland and he's hardly reliable. Gets some stuff correct but a lot wrong.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland is a complete twat and he appears to be totally detached from reality. He was good at city but he's been gash at Villa.

I'm not sure I would want a tool of this proportion playing for us.

I think quite a few people had the same thought when we signed Barton and he has done well to prove the doubters wrong (admittedly it took him some time) I'll give Ireland a chance before I write him off (assuming he comes that is). If memory serves they were quite pally at City and he may benefit from Bartons 'wise' head?

Ireland is a complete twat and he appears to be totally detached from reality. He was good at city but he's been gash at Villa.

I'm not sure I would want a tool of this proportion playing for us.

I think quite a few people had the same thought when we signed Barton and he has done well to prove the doubters wrong (admittedly it took him some time) I'll give Ireland a chance before I write him off (assuming he comes that is). If memory serves they were quite pally at City and he may benefit from Bartons 'wise' head?

Mentioned previously in the thread about them being mates. Barton certainly spoke highly of him anyway.

Seems to be one of the hardest positions to buy, LW.

Jonas and Barfa can play there. Jonas defo needs a rest. Only Enrique has played more minutes than him this season.

Of course its the hardest position to buy. There are not that many naturally left footed footballers out there, with the exception of me of course!

Seems to be one of the hardest positions to buy, LW.

Jonas and Barfa can play there. Jonas defo needs a rest. Only Enrique has played more minutes than him this season.

Of course its the hardest position to buy. There are not that many naturally left footed footballers out there, with the exception of me of course!

However we do have Lua Lua, whose on the med, and who Poyet has said yesterday he is desperate to buy. Obviously doing it in the prem is a lot harder but he certainly outplayed that league.

Fergusons another one for the future, although Beardsley sees him more as cover for Jose.

Dont think Jonas has ever lived up to his Man U show and rest wont be the making of him.

So all in all, in a few months we could have 4 players fighting for that spot.

In that season for citeh, he did for them what Nolan's been doing for us. Perhaps he's being looked at a a possible long term replacement?

a loan deal is not a bad option - we get to trial him out, and if he fits, sign. if not, ship back to villa. would be smart move, like the ben arfa deal

he had some great form at man city (like SWP), before moving and it all going to shite.

werent they both Keegan recruits at City?

In that season for citeh, he did for them what Nolan's been doing for us. Perhaps he's being looked at a a possible long term replacement?

Do you think he'd bring his 100k wifi aquarium with him?

Well, I've got to admit, I've a vested interested in someone who clearly is a icthyophile joining us...

Bolton have been linked with a loan swoop for Aston Villa outcast Stephen Ireland, who has been told he can leave Villa in January.

The likes of Newcastle and Fulham have been linked with the midfield playmaker but Ireland's wage demands have reportedly scuppered his chances of leaving Villa Park as yet during the current transfer window.

Speculation suggests Ireland is on around £50,000 a week at Villa, but boss Coyle has been given the go-ahead to match his wages by the Bolton hierarchy and would now appear to be in pole position to land the 24-year-old, although Newcastle could yet rival Coyle for the midfielder's signature.

Ireland has been told he can leave Villa in January by boss Gerard Houllier after failing to secure regular football under the Frenchman, having been signed by previous Villa boss Martin O'Neill.

Under the heading......"Sigh of Relief".

When conducting a Google search on Stephen Ireland, the word "nightmare" appears quite frequently. It's clear that Aston Villa did not receive a bargain when they accepted Ireland as makeweight in the James Milner deal with Manchester City. Although the midfielder showed just enough promise to make many Villa fans pretty excited, that hope withered and died once Ireland took to the pitch. Apparently, however, Newcastle believe they can dig deep and extract the tiny bright light shining through in Ireland, and are willing to take the risk.

It helps as well that the Magpies have lost Alan Smith for the rest of the season, the ankle injury he picked up against Sunderland last week having been more serious than previously thought. Newcastle need cover and, probably out of pure desperation, are willing to pay for it in the form of Stephen Ireland.

While I'm perfectly willing to wish John Carew the best of luck in his future at Stoke, and wherever else he might go, I'm not mature enough to wish Ireland well. He hasn't performed and while at times he did look upset with himself, he's also acted like a petulant child at other times. He frequently missed the net, his passes went to no one, there was no spark of creativity to be found. Any time that Villa fans get excited because a player doesn't actively mess up, well, it's time for him to move on.

:D

Houllier also dismissed speculation linking Stephen Ireland with a move to Newcastle on loan.

The out-of-favour midfielder is currently out with a knee injury but Houllier insisted there had been no contact from the club over a possible temporary move.

He added: “We have heard nothing about Stephen.”

wtf....again

Under the heading......"Sigh of Relief".

When conducting a Google search on Stephen Ireland, the word "nightmare" appears quite frequently. It's clear that Aston Villa did not receive a bargain when they accepted Ireland as makeweight in the James Milner deal with Manchester City. Although the midfielder showed just enough promise to make many Villa fans pretty excited, that hope withered and died once Ireland took to the pitch. Apparently, however, Newcastle believe they can dig deep and extract the tiny bright light shining through in Ireland, and are willing to take the risk.

It helps as well that the Magpies have lost Alan Smith for the rest of the season, the ankle injury he picked up against Sunderland last week having been more serious than previously thought. Newcastle need cover and, probably out of pure desperation, are willing to pay for it in the form of Stephen Ireland.

While I'm perfectly willing to wish John Carew the best of luck in his future at Stoke, and wherever else he might go, I'm not mature enough to wish Ireland well. He hasn't performed and while at times he did look upset with himself, he's also acted like a petulant child at other times. He frequently missed the net, his passes went to no one, there was no spark of creativity to be found. Any time that Villa fans get excited because a player doesn't actively mess up, well, it's time for him to move on.

:D

Yep, we desperately need an injury prone, overpaid waste of space to cover our injury prone, overpaid waste of space.

Don't want. It would be just like Ashley to buy players in positions where we don't need to strengthen at the expense of others where we do. A loan deal would be slightly more bearable.

Don't want. It would be just like Ashley to buy players in positions where we don't need to strengthen at the expense of others where we do. A loan deal would be slightly more bearable.

eh? smudger smith is out for the season so we're already light in centre mid. tbh, ireland would almost certainly waltz into our starting 11 plus he brings a bit of creativity. why turn your nose up at an extra body that has undoubted quaity? he can pick a pass, beat a man and he's mobile. i'd rather him ahead of smith, guthrie, and the untried gosling. who cares that he's a bit of a bell end?

eh? smudger smith is out for the season so we're already light in centre mid. tbh, ireland would almost certainly waltz into our starting 11 plus he brings a bit of creativity. why turn your nose up at an extra body that has undoubted quaity? he can pick a pass, beat a man and he's mobile. i'd rather him ahead of smith, guthrie, and the untried gosling. who cares that he's a bit of a bell end?

Agreed, and wasn't Barton once a bit of a "bell end"???