Arsenal without Reyes for Saturday

Jimbo

Arsenal will be denied the services of Jose Antonio Reyes for Saturday's game with Newcastle after the Spanish forward picked up an injury in the UEFA Champions League.

The Gunners used Wednesday night's 0-0 draw with Ajax as a chance to rest senior figures as they had already secured top spot in Group B, but regular first team member Reyes had to be stretchered off.

He returned to the field of play but was cleary uneasy and Robin van Persie was introduced on 65 minutes.

The former Sevilla star sustained a nasty blow to the thigh in a challenge with Ajax stopper Johnny Heitinga, and will now miss the trip to St James' Park, live on PremPlus.

However, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has allayed any fears that the injury could have repercussions beyond the game against Graeme Souness's beleaguered side.

"He will be out certainly for Saturday, but for much longer? I don't think so," said Wenger.

The loss of Reyes could be offset by Dennis Bergkamp's possible return from a slight hamstring strain, whilst in-form Dutch youngster van Persie will also be chomping at the bit to start alongside Thierry Henry.

We'll still get tonked though I fear...

65730[/snapback]

I don't think we will actually. Souness will limit their chance with his negative football, packing the midfield etc. 1-0 to them I reckon, with a sizable portion of our fans happy with our battling performance. :lol:

65730[/snapback]

I don't think we will actually. Souness will limit their chance with his negative football, packing the midfield etc. 1-0 to them I reckon, with a sizable portion of our fans happy with our battling performance. :lol:

65735[/snapback]

I won't be happy, but I think I might be relieved if we get through this match only losing 1-0. I think we're gonna get turned over.

Oh good.

Just a frontline of Pires, Ljungberg, Van Persie/Bergkamp and Henry then......

......Excellent!

65752[/snapback]

Whats more worrying ? the Arsenal frontline or Bramble and Boumsong ?

Oh good.

......Excellent!

65752[/snapback]

65755[/snapback]

A quite magical combination on paper.

However, inexplicably it seems to me Henry never has his best game against us and somehow Bramble manages to keep him quietish, as did Boumwrong in August.

Obviously, it is a funny old game innit? :lol:

Oh good.

......Excellent!

65752[/snapback]

65755[/snapback]

A quite magical combination on paper.

However, inexplicably it seems to me Henry never has his best game against us and somehow Bramble manages to keep him quietish, as did Boumwrong in August.

Obviously, it is a funny old game innit? :lol:

65763[/snapback]

And yet, they nearly always win. Which is not quite so funny.

65730[/snapback]

65735[/snapback]

Exactly, I'd put money on that. Plus the usual "couldn't have asked for more from my players, they are a proper bunch, Lady Luck wasn't shining on us today, unlucky, bad decisions from the referee...". Repeat ad nauseam.