Man shot dead at Florida airport

Rob W

there were no witnesses were there? its 2 policemens words against a dead man. no contest. if 2 policemen pointed guns at you and shouted at you to stop would you pretend your table leg was a shotgun and aim at them? or maybe hold it up and say 'its a table le....bang.....'???

so they have a hard job to do as armed police. doctors have a hard job to do but if they kill someone negligently they get sacked. why should it be any different for police? happening more and more often.

ps. im not too sure what you meant by the 9-11 mob? there werent any police on the planes IIRC?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested to find out where I suggested shooting any foreigners...

the middle ground seems obvious enough to me Rob W,

Innocent people comply with police.

... I fail to see how this simple and solid suggestion can be faulted?

66372[/snapback]

like the poor sod shot for carrying a chair leg?

HE KNEW he had a chair leg - the coppers thought it "might" be a gun

he's dead - they're alive and drawing their pensions

66454[/snapback]

complete bollocks

66458[/snapback]

what is bollocks?

that an innocent man carrying a chair leg was shot dead?

That the police got off without a charge???

66654[/snapback]

bollocks that you are trying to paint the police as trigger happy mobsters.

Fact is, if the guy was stupid enough to not heed their warning, and raise something that looked like a gun, there's no grounds for anyone to complain.

In that situation, you would shoot first rather than be shot yourself, and you know it.

Have you forgotten that dead lady copper from 2 weeks ago already ? Or are you one of these anti police people ? Shame she didn't have a gun, if she had been able to deservedly blow their heads off first, her kids would still have their mother.

And one of them is an asylum seeker.....no doubt the likes of you will be saying he should be allowed to stay in the UK after "doing his time"...

We should drop the bastard out of an aeroplane in the middle of the Atlantic, after shooting him in the balls for what he did, then ask who else fancies a bit of the same

66682[/snapback]

Regards the police women who was killed, tragic though it was, wasn't she the first in over 20 years? I would say that was a pretty good reason NOT to arm the police, if they were routinely armed, there would almost certainly be more gun related fatalities amongst criminals AND police. Then there's the little fact that the majority of police don't want to be armed....

We all know the police have a difficult job Leazes, but they signed up for it. The problem is, you seem to think they should be above the law.

I'd be interested to find out where I suggested shooting any foreigners...

the middle ground seems obvious enough to me Rob W,

Innocent people comply with police.

... I fail to see how this simple and solid suggestion can be faulted?

66372[/snapback]

like the poor sod shot for carrying a chair leg?

HE KNEW he had a chair leg - the coppers thought it "might" be a gun

he's dead - they're alive and drawing their pensions

66454[/snapback]

complete bollocks

66458[/snapback]

what is bollocks?

that an innocent man carrying a chair leg was shot dead?

That the police got off without a charge???

66654[/snapback]

bollocks that you are trying to paint the police as trigger happy mobsters.

Fact is, if the guy was stupid enough to not heed their warning, and raise something that looked like a gun, there's no grounds for anyone to complain.

In that situation, you would shoot first rather than be shot yourself, and you know it.

Have you forgotten that dead lady copper from 2 weeks ago already ? Or are you one of these anti police people ? Shame she didn't have a gun, if she had been able to deservedly blow their heads off first, her kids would still have their mother.

And one of them is an asylum seeker.....no doubt the likes of you will be saying he should be allowed to stay in the UK after "doing his time"...

We should drop the bastard out of an aeroplane in the middle of the Atlantic, after shooting him in the balls for what he did, then ask who else fancies a bit of the same

66682[/snapback]

Regards the police women who was killed, tragic though it was, wasn't she the first in over 20 years? I would say that was a pretty good reason NOT to arm the police, if they were routinely armed, there would almost certainly be more gun related fatalities amongst criminals AND police. Then there's the little fact that the majority of police don't want to be armed....

We all know the police have a difficult job Leazes, but they signed up for it. The problem is, you seem to think they should be above the law.

66708[/snapback]

The law doesn't protect them enough, thats the point. Saying they "sign up for it" isn't true, or didn't used to be true, if you join the Army you do but not the police.

Bit of a strong comment to say that if you join the police you should expect to be shot at and not expect the law to offer you reasonable protection.

As for first one in 20 years, not quite, since Yvonne Fletcher, there has been quite a few, Keith Blakelock to name one, I can't remember the names, wasn't there one in York a few years ago .... however according to Rob, Winston Sillcot etc have "done their time" blah blah such shitbags should rot in a cell and be made to wipe their arse with a rusty nail for the rest of their days.

Even one copper shot in the line of duty, is one too many. Anyway, the point raised by Rob is a no-no. If a bloke is stupid enough to do what he did, there's no question he lays himself open to it.

And no, I'm not saying all police should be armed, just that if someone is shot in the line of their duty for being a threat or a potential threat, it shouldn't be questioned.

Those SAS guys who shot those Irish scumbags in Gib ended up in court explaining their actions. What a fecking disgrace, what a joke. We should have told the human rights brigade/European Court etc to piss off. The police shooting someone to preserve public safety is exactly the same thing.

EDIT

36 coppers in total

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4451852.stm

Edited by LeazesMag

The law doesn't protect them enough, thats the point. Saying they "sign up for it" isn't true, or didn't used to be true, if you join the Army you do but not the police.

Bit of a strong comment to say that if you join the police you should expect to be shot at and not expect the law to offer you reasonable protection.

As for first one in 20 years, not quite, since Yvonne Fletcher, there has been quite a few, Keith Blakelock to name one, I can't remember the names, wasn't there one in York a few years ago .... however according to Rob, Winston Sillcot etc have "done their time" blah blah such shitbags should rot in a cell and be made to wipe their arse with a rusty nail for the rest of their days.

Even one copper shot in the line of duty, is one too many. Anyway, the point raised by Rob is a no-no. If a bloke is stupid enough to do what he did, there's no question he lays himself open to it.

And no, I'm not saying all police should be armed, just that if someone is shot in the line of their duty for being a threat or a potential threat, it shouldn't be questioned.

Those SAS guys who shot those Irish scumbags in Gib ended up in court explaining their actions. What a fecking disgrace, what a joke. We should have told the human rights brigade/European Court etc to piss off. The police shooting someone to preserve public safety is exactly the same thing.

EDIT

36 coppers in total

66717[/snapback]

I don't recall ever saying if you join the police you should expect to be shot at, but you have to accept the risk. In truth, medical staff are at risk of assault by drunks and smack heads, fireman have things lobbed at them, people working in shops etc are abused. That's the reality of the situation.

36 policeman killed in 20 years is less than two a year, and this includes car crashes etc. Whilst in an ideal world it would be none, this actually strikes me as a pretty low rate, and, although its just a guess, I bet more people have been killed by the police or have died in their custody over this period. I wonder how many police are killed in the states btw?

EDIT

36 coppers in total

66717[/snapback]

I don't recall ever saying if you join the police you should expect to be shot at, but you have to accept the risk. In truth, medical staff are at risk of assault by drunks and smack heads, fireman have things lobbed at them, people working in shops etc are abused. That's the reality of the situation.

36 policeman killed in 20 years is less than two a year, and this includes car crashes etc. Whilst in an ideal world it would be none, this actually strikes me as a pretty low rate, and, although its just a guess, I bet more people have been killed by the police or have died in their custody over this period. I wonder how many police are killed in the states btw?

66733[/snapback]

No, the police aren't perfect, nor are they above the law. And yes, they know the risks.

Medical staff in hospitals etc are also victims of abuse by members of the public, true, so are bus drivers, train inspectors etc, lots of people are.

The difference is I don't doubt for a moment that when someone is shot by a copper, the decision isn't taken lightly, coppers who are armed are armed for a reason, they will also be of a certain type of character that would take their status seriously, the taking of a human life is a serious thing, and they do it because it's the outcome of a serious situation which is evaluated and has to be weighed up quickly, in a split second sometimes.

At the end of the day, if you don't poke the fire you won't get burned.

At the end of the day, if you don't poke the fire you won't get burned.

66742[/snapback]

How was that Brazilian that got shot 'playing with fire'? Getting a train or living in London? Or maybe being dark-skinned?

so what is your suggestion for avoiding collateral damage, other than giving the criminal with the gun more opportunity ?

66734[/snapback]

waste of time - you never read what I write

You just parrot on for days "answer me question"

I have better things to do TBH

so what is your suggestion for avoiding collateral damage, other than giving the criminal with the gun more opportunity ?

66734[/snapback]

waste of time - you never read what I write

You just parrot on for days "answer me question"

I have better things to do TBH

66792[/snapback]

........ like starting threads like this .....

Only "parrot on" because you don't answer, typical do-gooder doing a runner and bleating on about "rights" when they know their replies are unrealistic nonsense

dotbum, your intent was not to say all people are foreign to someone, it was to paint me as racist.

end of the day if you're innocent you should co-operate with the police.

if we bleat and wail and gnash our teeth because a crazy man commited suicide-by-cop, then the true injustices and negligent acts by police will be drowned out by this nonsense.

and yes overly precious folk suggesting that all police are gun toting maniacs is nonsense.

We know the risks, we know to comply will benefit us and them... so why are there problems? because people are so wound up about protecting their civil liberties they're blinkered to the balance that must be struck.

the guy was shot because he was acting suspiciously and claimed to be carrying a bomb. I'd rather he was shot than run the risk of him actually killing several hundred people.

If you're innocent, comply with the authorities.

dotbum, your intent was not to say all people are foreign to someone, it was to paint me as racist.

66837[/snapback]

Have a word with yourself man, see how I even said 'ALL foreigners' to make it really obvious what I was getting at, and how I was taking the piss in that entire post? Why would I paint you a racist exactly?

so by saying it was my intent to kill ALL foreigners.. this was your way of.... being funny?

My sides have truly split.

66845[/snapback]

Comedy is your forte, not mine, the pubescent rage is splitting my sides, so please don't stop that. :lol:

rage? that's giving yourself a little too much credit mucker.

so what was your intent with that phrase?

66911[/snapback]

Well I thought you were being rather the angry young man in this thread but I don't see why I should take any credit for that.

If you look at what I said in context it really had very little to do with you. I was having a bit of banter with Mags and she (obviously joking, though you never know with those crazy Yanks!) suggested shooting immigrants, I said we should shoot ALL foreigners and you were really only mentioned because you "kind of suggested" the same thing (a complete eradicaton of the human race).

If we do what GF kind of suggested earlier and shoot ALL foreigners, then everything should work itself out.

• 2 weeks later...
no, i followed the thread until you decided you couldn't answer any more.

Don't say you can't read either ...

71448[/snapback]

the trouble with Leazes Mag is that he is terribly insecure - emotionaly and socially

he feels threatened by anything he doesn't understand and seems to be under the impresion that the rest of the world can think of nothing better than move into his street, take his job (if he has a job) and make him take a religion (I don't think he has one at the moment)

Whilst this is a self evident nonsense we have to understand that

TO HIM IT FEELS REAL

Instead of slagging him off and arguing with him, which just feeds his paranoia (especially if it's a post from someone he thinks might be .....different...) I think we should try kindness in 2006 - soothing words instead of arguement, generosity instead of biitterness, peace instead of anger.

At least we will feel that we're not decending to his unfortunate level

sun.gif sun.gif sun.gif

no, i followed the thread until you decided you couldn't answer any more.

Don't say you can't read either ...

71448[/snapback]

the trouble with Leazes Mag is that he is terribly insecure - emotionaly and socially

he feels threatened by anything he doesn't understand and seems to be under the impresion that the rest of the world can think of nothing better than move into his street, take his job (if he has a job) and make him take a religion (I don't think he has one at the moment)

Whilst this is a self evident nonsense we have to understand that

TO HIM IT FEELS REAL

Instead of slagging him off and arguing with him, which just feeds his paranoia (especially if it's a post from someone he thinks might be .....different...) I think we should try kindness in 2006 - soothing words instead of arguement, generosity instead of biitterness, peace instead of anger.

At least we will feel that we're not decending to his unfortunate level

sun.gif sun.gif sun.gif

71513[/snapback]

oh dear, I'm afraid the first sign of insecurity, to tag someone else instead ...

I can assure you, Rob, that I am far from insecure, nor lacking direction in my life, both socially and privately. That's one hell of a supposition considering you know nothing at all about me.

It would appear from such a response you are completely stuck for a constructive response.

I am quite at ease with myself, and my opinions on these subjects, as I know them to be correct, made through experience on occasions, rather than reading fancy dan lecturers and trendy newspapers written by people with no experience of life who would literally shit themselves if the people they defend actually landed in their own street or their own doorstep [much like you strangely].

In the meantime, nice to see you ducking out of the main thrust of the thread again

Start by looking under the bed every night - take a poker if it makes you feel safer

After a while you will recognise that illegal immigrants and terrorists are NOT under there - then we can move onto the next stage of your treatment

• 3 years later...

Another one bites the dust....

Police in the US state of Washington say they have shot dead the man suspected of killing four police officers at the weekend.

Maurice Clemmons, 37, was killed in Seattle early on Tuesday, a spokesman for the Pierce County Sheriff was quoted as saying by AP news agency.

He had been on the run since the officers were killed as they sat in a cafe near the city.

Police had been conducting door-to-door searches using sniffer dogs.

A reward of $125,000 (£76,000) had been posted for information leading to Mr Clemmons' arrest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8388396.stm