Krul to be sold!!!!!

Christmas Tree

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Trans...icle679629.html

Newcastle are set to spark a transfer scramble by dumping goalkeeper Tim Krul.

The Dutchman lost the No.1 spot after Steve Harper returned from injury.

New goalkeeping coach Andy Woodman is not convinced the 22-year-old is good enough to be 35-year-old Harper’s long-term replacement.

Fraser as second choice then?

Not if FF has his way

Fraser Forster says he will find it difficult to quit Celtic at the end of the season and go back to sitting on a bench at Newcastle United.

Forster said: “I will just play each game as it comes then speak to the manager at the end of the season and we’ll see what happens.

“I’m delighted to be here until the end of the season. It’s great to be playing week in, week out at a massive club. I can’t ask for more.

“It will be difficult to go back to sitting on a bench. I have said I want to be playing. That’s how you progress.”

well if so sell him maybe we can get a good deal for him

Couple of things:

1) It would weaken us

2) He's young and promising

3) The money we'd get would not be significant enough to make a genuine difference

4) We'd need to look rather quickly for a replacement as Harper is neither young, nor promising

5) He's not on large wages

6) His replacement would be

7) He likes it here and is getting his chances

Off the top of my head.

So it's a teaser for an unsubstantiated rumour...

Glad you shared CT :D

NEWCASTLE are set to spark a transfer scramble by dumping goalkeeper Tim Krul.

The Dutchman lost the No.1 spot after Steve Harper returned from injury. New goalkeeping coach Andy Woodman is not convinced the 22-year-old is good enough to be 35-year-old Harper’s long-term replacement.

Krul’s exit will come as a shock because the Dutch Under-21 keeper signed a four-year deal in July.

And only last week Toon supporters voted him the North East’s club’s player of the month for December.

There will be no shortage of takers for a player who has been linked with clubs across Europe, including Arsenal, Juventus and Feyenoord.

Another stopper on the Magpies’ books – Fraser Forster, 22 – is on a season-long loan at Celtic. The Scottish side will look to make that move permanent.

Meanwhile, Newcastle and rivals SUNDERLAND are keen on Wolves’ former Manchester United trainee David Jones.

Magpies chief scout Graham Carr and Ricky Sbragia, his opposite number with the Black Cats, found themselves sitting side by side in the stands at Molineux yesterday to watch the 26-year-old midfielder.

Couple of things:

1) It would weaken us

3) The money we'd get would not be significant enough to make a genuine difference

4) We'd need to look rather quickly for a replacement as Harper is neither young, nor promising

Off the top of my head.

We do have Fraser forster who is playing out of his skin for Celtic (not back til April) and Ole Soderberg who was on the bench when Harper was out. Still think if the Goalkeeping coach doesnt rate him, summers the time to get rid.

The Dutchman lost the No.1 spot after Steve Harper returned from injury. New goalkeeping coach Andy Woodman is not convinced the 22-year-old is good enough to be 35-year-old Harper’s long-term replacement.

Krul’s exit will come as a shock because the Dutch Under-21 keeper signed a four-year deal in July.

And only last week Toon supporters voted him the North East’s club’s player of the month for December.

There will be no shortage of takers for a player who has been linked with clubs across Europe, including Arsenal, Juventus and Feyenoord.

Another stopper on the Magpies’ books – Fraser Forster, 22 – is on a season-long loan at Celtic. The Scottish side will look to make that move permanent.

Meanwhile, Newcastle and rivals SUNDERLAND are keen on Wolves’ former Manchester United trainee David Jones.

Magpies chief scout Graham Carr and Ricky Sbragia, his opposite number with the Black Cats, found themselves sitting side by side in the stands at Molineux yesterday to watch the 26-year-old midfielder.

Oh no, I am drowning under all that substantiating... oh no wait, no quotes, no meat, not much of anything really.

Honestly, I may as well post about Vince McMahon being our new owner ffs :suicide:

edit Forster who is happy at Celtic as seems demanding of a guaranteed first team spot and who hasn't proven himself in the Premier League and Soderberg who hasn't impressed enough either?

Why are you pushing this rumour and seem tacitly in favour of the move?

Edited by The Fish

Oh no, I am drowning under all that substantiating... oh no wait, no quotes, no meat, not much of anything really.

Honestly, I may as well post about Vince McMahon being our new owner ffs :suicide:

edit Forster who is happy at Celtic as seems demanding of a guaranteed first team spot and who hasn't proven himself in the Premier League and Soderberg who hasn't impressed enough either?

Why are you pushing this rumour and seem tacitly in favour of the move?

He's a mackem- undercover agent.

Ultimately Krul and Forster should play it out for the number one spot next season. Forster gets glowing reports wherever he plays and has been playing consistently. Krul has his strengths and weaknesses, as would Forster, but they're both so young and have plenty of time to iron out the kinks, many of which should happen with maturity and experience.

Edited by OzToonFan

It'd be a fucking mental move if true, I know you keep saying "the goalkeeping coach doesn't rate him" but let's be honest we've all seen enough of him by now to know what he's like imo he's a decent young goal keeper who often looks better than Harper. I don't know how long Forster has on his deal but there's no way I'd be letting him sign for Celtic permanently if he's on any decent length deal. Goal keepers haven't been an area we've really struggled in in a lot of years and now with 2 young decent prospects on our books we shouldn't make it one.

Edited by Barton7

Krul would make a geat understudy to Forster in my opinion. I know the SPL isn't the best of leagues, but Celtic are still considered a top club, and with him playing week-in week-out for them he must surely be good enough to come back and replace Harper.

EDIT: Also, Forster only seems to want to stay at Celtic because he plays first team football. I'm sure he would come back with the promise of being our number 1.

Edited by Nyff

Forster had a tremendous season at Norwich last year when they got promoted, now he's been playing for one of the scottish big two for a season. It's going to be hard to take, going on the bench / reserves after that. I'd love to keep him and Krul, give them both a crack at it and see who comes out on top.

I think Krul is a bit of a flapper, he might start clobbering people more though, he has to if he wants to be a top keeper. I haven't seen Forster but a mate of mine has and he thinks Forster is easily the better of the 2.

Couple of things:

1) It would weaken us

Off the top of my head.

agreed.

I think Krul is a bit of a flapper, he might start clobbering people more though, he has to if he wants to be a top keeper. I haven't seen Forster but a mate of mine has and he thinks Forster is easily the better of the 2.

Aye that's one thing I'd change about him if I could have a word. The first cross that comes in, or the first one-on-one he seems to want to stamp his authority on the game and in so doing, often makes the wrong decision in his haste. But that would disappear with experience and age iyam.