Long range Goals

Rob W

According to the "indie" this morning 31% of our goals have been scored from outside the Penalty Area - only Liverpool have scored more (33%) = crap strikers I guess

No stat is meaningless

This one shows we aren't scoring goals at close range - which is where the strikers (cough cough splutter) are supposed to be

Thats manc-mag territory tbh. Anything from 25-50 yards out and I'm in range. Top right hand corner a speciality. FACT.

65793[/snapback]

Pro-evo tbh.

Thats manc-mag territory tbh. Anything from 25-50 yards out and I'm in range. Top right hand corner a speciality. FACT.

65793[/snapback]

Pro-evo tbh.

65796[/snapback]

Stockport and District Sunday League Division 2 tbh.

65793[/snapback]

Pro-evo tbh.

65796[/snapback]

65797[/snapback]

Under 11's :lol:

No stat is meaningless

This one shows we aren't scoring goals at close range - which is where the strikers (cough cough splutter) are supposed to be

65795[/snapback]

No it doesn't.

65805[/snapback]

pedantic tbh. :lol:

65793[/snapback]

Pro-evo tbh.

65796[/snapback]

65797[/snapback]

Under 11's :lol:

65808[/snapback]

I only get a game when theres under 11 of us. :lol:

No stat is meaningless

65795[/snapback]

It shows that 31% of our goals were scored from outside the box. It doesn't show how many were free-kicks, it doesn't say how many of those score closer in were from just inside the box, how many of the other 69% were from headers from set-pieces, how many were tap-ins, how many were pens. So to slightly alter my initial statement, it's a pretty meaningless stat imo.

I used to think we didn't score nearly enough goals from outsied the area. One day we'll learn to do both and might win something.

65830[/snapback]

Most the goals we've scored from my memory this season have been close range efforts, I thought? I'm confused.

I used to think we didn't score nearly enough goals from outsied the area. One day we'll learn to do both and might win something.

65830[/snapback]

Most the goals we've scored from my memory this season have been close range efforts, I thought? I'm confused.

65833[/snapback]

79% of stats are made up I think, so that probably explains it. It doesn't surprise me actually, as 31% isn't that much seeing as we haven't scored many goals. Haven't the mackems scored more league goals than us?

No stat is meaningless

65795[/snapback]

No it doesn't.

65805[/snapback]

actually you are right - it means we're scoring a higher than PL average of our goals from a distance

Route 1 strikers in other words

No stat is meaningless

65795[/snapback]

It shows that 31% of our goals were scored from outside the box. It doesn't show how many were free-kicks, it doesn't say how many of those score closer in were from just inside the box, how many of the other 69% were from headers from set-pieces, how many were tap-ins, how many were pens. So to slightly alter my initial statement, it's a pretty meaningless stat imo.

65831[/snapback]

You've just proved my point - a simple stat and you've seen at least 5 posiible answers

Are you a research scientist perchance???

No stat is meaningless

65795[/snapback]

65831[/snapback]

You've just proved my point - a simple stat and you've seen at least 5 posiible answers

65901[/snapback]

What I meant was the stat in itself isn't meaningful because it doesn't give enough info. So I've proved you wrong. Also, the point above about it meaning we have route one strikers is bollocks; it may well be the case but the stat you gave neither proves or disproves that. Nice try though :lol:

No stat is meaningless

65795[/snapback]

65831[/snapback]

65901[/snapback]

What I meant was the stat in itself isn't meaningful because it doesn't give enough info. So I've proved you wrong. Also, the point above about it meaning we have route one strikers is bollocks; it may well be the case but the stat you gave neither proves or disproves that. Nice try though :lol:

65934[/snapback]

hey they're running a Dickens serial on radio 4 at 19:45 .......................... :lol:;)

No stat is meaningless

65795[/snapback]

65831[/snapback]

65901[/snapback]

65934[/snapback]

hey they're running a Dickens serial on radio 4 at 19:45 .......................... ;);)

65940[/snapback]

Are you sure it isn't an adaptation of a novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald? :lol: