Wigan support yesterday, horrendous.

Anorthernsoul

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Pointless abusing them imo. They know they're a small insignificant club, quite clearly one who shouldn't be in the Premiership by all logical reason. It's the bigger clubs who tell everyone how massive they are, like Tottenham, Villa, Everton and Man City who do my head in, yet they don't have the crowds home or away to back it up. All of them abuse Newcastle for some people thinking we're big, yet all pipe down when you point out to them our home and away attendances dwarf their's despite being 100 miles from the nearest big city.

didin't they take a similar number to Tottenham earlier in the season? I can't stand them. To me they're the pinnacle of what is wrong with modern day football. Can't wait for them to go down and rot in a division to which they belong!

didin't they take a similar number to Tottenham earlier in the season? I can't stand them. To me they're the pinnacle of what is wrong with modern day football. Can't wait for them to go down and rot in a division to which they belong!

Someone said to me a while ago that, you should be thrown out the Prem if you can't take 3,000 away every week. Would be a three team league of us, Man Utd and Liverpool if they did.

Someone said to me a while ago that, you should be thrown out the Prem if you can't take 3,000 away every week. Would be a three team league of us, Man Utd and Liverpool if they did.

David Whelan must surely know he's fighting a losing battle, there just simply isn't the support for the team! they must make fuck all in ticket sales merchandise sales etc

I wonder how much he has to bank roll the club? they've been lucky that they've made some big money sales in recent years!

Its pretty fuckin pointless criticising Wigan really.....there have always been small clubs who punch above their weight in the top division. Wimbledon survived (and often thrived) for more than 10 years on crowds a lot smaller than Wigans before the modern Sky influenced football world caught up with them.Interesting to note that Dave Whelan is a sports retailing multi millionaire who actually beleives in properly supporting his managers on a personal level and finanacially.He also has his way of communicating with the supporters and who has gone out of his way to bring major sporting success to his home town....Wigan rugby league team won the Super League last season, a championship which had been theirs almost continually during the eighties and nineties...Wigan Athletic staying in the Premier League for 6 seasons is also a huge acheivement, in spite of how many fans they attract.

Anyone laugh at Leeds plummetting?....glad they may well be back next season?...longing for an away day to Hillsborough?...make sure you didnt get a little tingle of pleasure at Sheffield Wennesdays misfortunes then...difficult to have it both ways on this one, but as football fans am sure we'll find a way :(

Its pretty fuckin pointless criticising Wigan really.....there have always been small clubs who punch above their weight in the top division. Wimbledon survived (and often thrived) for more than 10 years on crowds a lot smaller than Wigans before the modern Sky influenced football world caught up with them.Interesting to note that Dave Whelan is a sports retailing multi millionaire who actually beleives in properly supporting his managers on a personal level and finanacially.He also has his way of communicating with the supporters and who has gone out of his way to bring major sporting success to his home town....Wigan rugby league team won the Super League last season, a championship which had been theirs almost continually during the eighties and nineties...Wigan Athletic staying in the Premier League for 6 seasons is also a huge acheivement, in spite of how many fans they attract.

Anyone laugh at Leeds plummetting?....glad they may well be back next season?...longing for an away day to Hillsborough?...make sure you didnt get a little tingle of pleasure at Sheffield Wennesdays misfortunes then...difficult to have it both ways on this one, but as football fans am sure we'll find a way :(

I miss Leeds away, but I'd no problem with them suffering for another ten years in the lower leagues.

I miss Leeds away, but I'd no problem with them suffering for another ten years in the lower leagues.

And the thing is someone has to replace them. And often its the Wigans of this world. Wigan is a well run club...losts of debt, but youve got to speculate to accumulate. As someone has said one day Whelan will pull the plug and they'll return to their natural level, just as Wimbledon did before the shocking events around the founding of MK Dons and as boro are also doing now Gibbo has wiped the scales from his eyes.

I hope Weegan (As Eddie Waring would've said) stay up as it's not too far for our supporters to go for an away game. Good luck to them. I can't see them staying up this time, but good luck to them.

They mean no harm, and they brung as many here as Stoke who everyone says are a good support. Looking at Tottenham's support yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about how pathetic they were but then THEY ALL ARE, they're all shit. There's two good supports in the top two divisions, Newcastle and Man Utd, and an average support is Leeds, the rest are utter shit all of them.