• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it goes through on deadline day and Liverpool can't bring in a replacement

Hmmmm.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ool/9377256.stm

double hmmmm

Chelsea will return with an improved £40m offer for Fernando Torres with the Premier League champions hopeful of closing the deal before Monday's transfer deadline after the striker told Liverpool he wants to leave.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/ja...-torres-chelsea

Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?

Bismillah! No, we will not let you go

Let him go

Bismillah! We will not let you go

Let him go

Bismillah! We will not let you go

Let me go (Will not let you go)

Let me go (Will not let you go) (Never, never, never, never)

Let me go, o, o, o, o

No, no, no, no, no, no, no

(Oh mama mia, mama mia) Mama Mia, let me go

Beelzebub has the devil put aside for me, for me, for me!

Torres is a great player, but I would be sceptical about the attitude he has shown lately.

Then again, I wouldn't expect him to have his heart in Liverpool like Gerrard and Carragher.

Sign of the times

MY LITTLE DOG IS 6 YEARS OLD

HE'S SMART AS ANY DAMN KID

BUT WHEN YOU MENTION THE V.E.T

HE DAMN NEAR FLIPS HIS LID

WORDS LIKE S.H.O.T. SHOT OR W.O.R.M. WORM

THESE ARE WORDS THAT MAKE HIM S.Q.U.I.R.M. SQUIRM

HIS Q.U.A.R.A.N.T.I.N.E. STARTS TODAY

BECAUSE HE BIT THE V.E.T. AND THEN HE RAN AWAY

HE CAUSED ME AND MY WIFE TO HAVE A BIG FIGHT

AND THEN BOTH OF THEM BIT ME

AND THAT IS WHY I'M GONNA GET A D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

Torres is a notable yardstick for Spain's current level of productivity on the world stage, or should i say Spain finally jumping out from their underperformers tag at the major tournaments. Brings aggression and some backbone [mental toughness] to the table, to compliment his technical excellence. That combination of mental toughness & aggression was something that was berefit among Spain's once mooted golden generation which included the likes of Raul & De La Pena etc. Dismissive talk of him [re: his ability] using phrasing like 'he is gash' is naive & shortsighted.

But like others have said his career is in need of reinvention at the moment whether that be in the form of a change in scenery [ie. club change or a major reshaping of Liverpool's current striking options] as his application has tailed off in recent times. Perhaps Saurez [an on-field firebrand, and a very good all-round footballer: there are similarities between Bellamy & Suarez imo, and Bellamy has been a cracking foil over the years for more celebrated strikers] can bring out the best in him, act as a catalyst for a reversal in form.

Edited by Year Zero

Torres is a notable yardstick for Spain's current level of productivity on the world stage, or should i say Spain finally jumping out from their underperformers tag at the major tournaments. Brings aggression and some backbone [mental toughness] to the table, to compliment his technical excellence. That combination of mental toughness & aggression was something that was berefit among Spain's once mooted golden generation which included the likes of Raul & De La Pena etc. Dismissive talk of him [re: his ability] using phrasing like 'he is gash' is naive & shortsighted.

But like others have said his career is in need of reinvention at the moment whether that be in the form of a change in scenery [ie. club change or a major reshaping of Liverpool's current striking options] as his application has tailed off in recent times. Perhaps Saurez [an on-field firebrand, and a very good all-round footballer: there are similarities between Bellamy & Suarez imo, and Bellamy has been a cracking foil over the years for more celebrated strikers] can bring out the best in him, act as a catalyst for a reversal in form.

Contradictory

Contradictory

Even Shearer's [well regarded for his mental toughness & agression] on-field application suffered under Gullit. I'd go far as saying that his body language & attitude stank during the above mentioned manager's reign. Sometimes all the mechanics at club-level [from managment level - interpersonal manmanagement, to a on field playing role that player isn't entirely comfortable with - to on-field chemistry among the playing group] have to be aligned. Sometimes there's a fine balance needed, and it can be easy for it all go belly up, there are often shades of grey involved that can lead to a decline in a player's productivity & application.

For somebody who sees the world of football in purely black & white terms [and therein is all too quick pull the 'that player is gash' trigger, contrary to footballing ability] i'll understand if this sort of point swiftly flies over you.

Edited by Year Zero

He's an amazing player when fit and mentally right. If the rumours are true chelates forward line will be getting an upgrade. That's sad really, as abramoviches money seemingly talks again. On current form he isn't too good to leave the bin dippers.

Lolerpool have signed Suarez for £23m, pending a medical, interesting...

It's odd, I can't see Torres staying at Anfield for much longer. However, this shows ambition on the owners side.

Contradictory

Even Shearer's [well regarded for his mental toughness & agression] on-field application suffered under Gullit. I'd go far as saying that his body language & attitude stank during the above mentioned manager's reign. Sometimes all the mechanics at club-level [from managment level - interpersonal manmanagement, to a on field playing role that player isn't entirely comfortable with - to on-field chemistry among the playing group] have to be aligned. Sometimes there's a fine balance needed, and it can be easy for it all go belly up, there are often shades of grey involved that can lead to a decline in a player's productivity & application.

For somebody who sees the world of football in purely black & white terms [and therein is all too quick pull the 'that player is gash' trigger, contrary to footballing ability] i'll understand if this sort of point swiftly flies over you.

"He is gash" was an overall statement. Injury prone and can't be arsed counteract any technical ability he has. His goalscoring record isn't stunning barring one season. What about the world cup, was the chemistry not right there too?

Lolerpool have signed Suarez for £23m, pending a medical, interesting...

It's odd, I can't see Torres staying at Anfield for much longer. However, this shows ambition on the owners side.

What, a £12m+ profit is ambitious? :lol:

Anelka, Suarez and a big name signing in the Summer would be my preference if I supported them.

This season isn't a write-off but they can't really expect to get anything more than a spot in the Europe League from it.

Some major restructuring in the Summer and they'll be back in the top 4.