Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being reported that the bid has been rejected. Glad about that. £30 Million is a lot of money, but we are probably too short of time now to bring in two top quality replacements.

as much as i'd like to sound businessy and smart saying "CASH IN".... Its really not worth it..

Why add players like Ben Arfa and Ireland to the team if you're getting rid of a striker..

He cost us nothing so there's nothing to lose in refusing 30m.. You can't lose money on rejecting that fee.. He's cost zilch..

as much as i'd like to sound businessy and smart saying "CASH IN".... Its really not worth it..

Why add players like Ben Arfa and Ireland to the team if you're getting rid of a striker..

He cost us nothing so there's nothing to lose in refusing 30m.. You can't lose money on rejecting that fee.. He's cost zilch..

Dekka and Fat Boy wont see it like that though. They'll just see £30m pure profit.

Dekka and Fat Boy wont see it like that though. They'll just see £30m pure profit.

Exactly.

They'd be less likely to sell in a Bent type position where the profit was only a couple of million despite the massive fee. When it's £30m back from no outlay at all, it only makes it more appealing. At these kind of prices, whether we sell him or keep him....

Could have been worse....

z194868359.jpg

Whilst offers of 30 million+ are crazy and could provide a decent transfer kitty it would be a massive risk and unless spent wisely (with which you have no guarantess - Owen, Luque, Emre anyone?) could be a complete waste. Spurs have been attempting to sign that "big name striker" for a while now and even with supposed big money bids have come no closer to it and the mackems havent had much joy getting any kind of a replacement in for Bent.

Whilst I looked back on the days we knocked back for the likes of Dyer and think we were crazy at the time given the way the market is these days I think it would be a hell of risk trying to replace Carroll and would also given the transfer prices these days take crazy money to get anyone of any quality in.

Whilst offers of 30 million+ are crazy and could provide a decent transfer kitty it would be a massive risk and unless spent wisely (with which you have no guarantess - Owen, Luque, Emre anyone?) could be a complete waste. Spurs have been attempting to sign that "big name striker" for a while now and even with supposed big money bids have come no closer to it and the mackems havent had much joy getting any kind of a replacement in for Bent.

Whilst I looked back on the days we knocked back for the likes of Dyer and think we were crazy at the time given the way the market is these days I think it would be a hell of risk trying to replace Carroll and would also given the transfer prices these days take crazy money to get anyone of any quality in.

This is exactly the kind of deal that has got Spurs where they are tbh. The daft money they've got for Berba, Keane and that has funded the squad they have.

It always comes back to whether it's reinvested.

This is exactly the kind of deal that has got Spurs where they are tbh. The daft money they've got for Berba, Keane and that has funded the squad they have.

Well ran also rans :unsure:

It's really hard to find these kind of young players these days man.