Deadline Day

Christmas Tree

I still say £35m is too much to knock back, but I'm starting to taste and accept what a weak vulnerable club we are now. I remember when we were strong enough to tell Barca to fuck off for Ginola, and Real to fuck off over Nobby. It is a canny sad neet. Llambias is travelling trying to get a decent loan in. Why don't we just get Podolski? He'd come 100%, or even that Ruiz from Twente.

who will see NUFC as a progressive club now Stevie ?

I don't think anyone did to start with. Maybe this could be what we need to progress, he wasn't prepared to put anymore of his own cash in, perhaps this is our transfer budget now, you can sign 3, 4, 5 good players with this money.

Liverpool didn't think so ?

Because they're mugs? Arsenal wouldn't dream of it, who's the bigger club Arsenal or Liverpool, Arsenal by far in my eyes. The only time I'd be happy for us to spend £35m on one player is if we had a filthy rich sugar daddy, or we were getting a proven world class player. AC is the 8th highest transfer fee in human history.

Liverpool havent been a big club since the 80s. Forget the odd cup here and there, including the European cup. A big club in history, yes. A big club now? No. A potential to break into the "Bigtime" again? Who knows.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember hearing a rather emotional Gazza on Metro Radio just after Spurs transfer confirmed .

If remember right he'd even brought in a carry out and could hear the "t'ch" going off every now and then ! Honest .

Nicky Brown show or summat i think ? Was live and he spoke rather candidly about the whole thing .

...Point being - imagine something like that happening thesedays man !?

Sky sports recording 2/1 for us to take cole form hammers

and 1/2 for us to take crouch

if this is as good as its gonna get for us? we are fucked

I'd rather stick with what we've got than spend on either of those two. This is the sort of shite you get when you sell your best striker on the last day of January.

OMFG! We sell a young Geordie at heart, who can hold the ball up, score from free kicks/corners, has a decent "bad" foot and can run with the ball for..... ...... old dross!

We could have gone above Liverpool if we win our game in hand - and instead our board are more interested in grabbing the quick money! I wonder how much he'd be worth if we get relegated at the end of the season because we have not scored enough goals!

We're a selling club - mid table to yo-yo club lets face it. I can't believe that the scum down the road will in effect be making more progress this transfer window than us... when will we have a decent board who are prepared to invest in our club.

I still say £35m is too much to knock back, but I'm starting to taste and accept what a weak vulnerable club we are now. I remember when we were strong enough to tell Barca to fuck off for Ginola, and Real to fuck off over Nobby. It is a canny sad neet. Llambias is travelling trying to get a decent loan in. Why don't we just get Podolski? He'd come 100%, or even that Ruiz from Twente.

I don't think anyone did to start with. Maybe this could be what we need to progress, he wasn't prepared to put anymore of his own cash in, perhaps this is our transfer budget now, you can sign 3, 4, 5 good players with this money.

Because they're mugs? Arsenal wouldn't dream of it, who's the bigger club Arsenal or Liverpool, Arsenal by far in my eyes. The only time I'd be happy for us to spend £35m on one player is if we had a filthy rich sugar daddy, or we were getting a proven world class player. AC is the 8th highest transfer fee in human history.

I agree that every player has his price, even ManU couldn't hold onto Ronaldo when Real Madrid came in for him - albeit he had won everything with ManU so he had professional motives to move too - but lets face it Stevie, Mike Ashley has done today, what some of us had knew he was going to do at some stage. And more will now come on the back of this, because don't kid yourself, the likes of Enrique, Tiotte and even Ben Arfa and Collocinni will now be wondering what sort of club they are playing for, and prospective signings will also see us as a stepping stone and that is all.

Seriously though, where the hell have Liverpool got their money from? Is this new owner fucking MAD?!

erm............Torres for 50 odd million maybe?

Plus they must have some left over from the previous sales of Mascherano and the like.

Edited by TicTacWoe

I agree that every player has his price, even ManU couldn't hold onto Ronaldo when Real Madrid came in for him - albeit he had won everything with ManU so he had professional motives to move too - but lets face it Stevie, Mike Ashley has done today, what some of us had knew he was going to do at some stage. And more will now come on the back of this, because don't kid yourself, the likes of Enrique, Tiotte and even Ben Arfa and Collocinni will now be wondering what sort of club they are playing for, and prospective signings will also see us as a stepping stone and that is all.

Ill tell you what, I'm fucking gutted that he's gone, but you coming on here thinking that it proves your point helps me gain a whole lot of fuckin' perspective on this. Do you genuinely think that Shepherd would turn down a £35,000,000 profit on a player that hasn't even played a full season of top flight football? Get fucked Leazes. It's really fuckin' shit that he's gone and the way it's been dressed up, but go fuck yourself.

Seriously though, where the hell have Liverpool got their money from? Is this new owner fucking MAD?!

erm............Torres for 50 odd million maybe?

Plus they must have some left over from the previous sales of Mascherano and the like.

They spent a fortune in recent season though, I know that the most of the wedge will come from the sale of Torres, but the rest is odd.

Ill tell you what, I'm fucking gutted that he's gone, but you coming on here thinking that it proves your point helps me gain a whole lot of fuckin' perspective on this. Do you genuinely think that Shepherd would turn down a £35,000,000 profit on a player that hasn't even played a full season of top flight football? Get fucked Leazes. It's really fuckin' shit that he's gone and the way it's been dressed up, but go fuck yourself.

I'm not talking about the old board, but as you mentioned them, they didn't sell anybody like this for record fees, only players the manager wanted to sell. They bought the best players from other clubs, the reverse of what has happened today.

I'm more bothered about Mike Ashley. Surely even a dickhead like you can now see what an utter cunt he is and that he is a shit owner and the sooner he has gone the better ?

I agree with that but think thats been the case for a few years now. Mental amount to pay for AC and I cant see how we could refuse (Journo's were saying way before AC transfer request that we had said business could be done at £35M). If spent well that could solve a lot of our problems of squad depth. Trouble is, Im not convinced we will spend it well.

This is us though. Try and develop young players to sell for good mark up (mental mark up in this case) and use money to facilitate an average mid table team. Self financing just like MA wanted. Reluctantly accepted his transfer? Fuck off, they'd have been rubbing their hands with glee.

I'm not talking about the old board, but as you mentioned them, they didn't sell anybody like this for record fees, only players the manager wanted to sell. They bought the best players from other clubs, the reverse of what has happened today.

I'm more bothered about Mike Ashley. Surely even a dickhead like you can now see what an utter cunt he is and that he is a shit owner and the sooner he has gone the better ?

They didn't sell anybody for record fee's because they signed overpaid decling shite, carried largely over the years by Shearer.

Not quite as I recall. Hamann?

They didn't sell anybody for record fee's because they signed overpaid decling shite, carried largely over the years by Shearer.

there is no hope for you. I'll let others respond to that, if they feel like doing so.

Hamann was determined to leave, wasn't he?

Fell out with Gullit at half time in the Cup Final ?

there is no hope for you. I'll let others respond to that, if they feel like doing so.

Aye, no club came in with a record bid for Luque, G'uivarch (spelling) Duncan Ferguson, Ian Rush, or Lua-Lua. The way the club handled the Bellers/Souness thing probably devalued him from his record fee. You can only accept a world record fee if there's one on the table. What about Woodgate? Quick to accept a profit on him weren't we? And Hamman.

I'd rather stick with what we've got than spend on either of those two. This is the sort of shite you get when you sell your best striker on the last day of January.

Crouch wouldn't be so bad. Better than nothing. Far better than Cole/Heskey etc.

And not just cos he looks like me.

Crouch seems to have lost a lot since going to Spurs. He's looked shite when I've seen him. Also a fair bit older than AC.

Fucking devastated we've done it like this. Might be harsh on the club though if AC forced them to sell so late on. If so, nice way of treating your club.