Carroll Poll

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

£35m are we right to accept it  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well we can't turn down £35m imo, it's that simple, we'll stop up - I hate Ashley but it would've been insane to turn that amount down, now he MUST get someone else in, work like fuckin arabs to get someone in 8 hours and counting.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The money wont be re-invested, and even if a slice of it was (probably 10 mil max) we wouldnt get anywhere near the quality of Carroll, we will end up with Shola as number 9 IMO.

This is probably all bullshit anyway, Sky are desperate for this story to be true, theres no hard facts yet, just (SOURCES) david craig can suck a dick.

He shouldn't be sold for any price. A big strong battering ram of a Geordie leading the line for the next 10 years and scoring goals, or give it up for what averages at 3.5m per season.

The way I look at it is he's now got no excuse to spend £30m+ in the summer, none at all. We don't know 100% it won't be reinvested, we could sign 3 top players with this money.

The way I look at it is he's now got no excuse to spend £30m+ in the summer, none at all. We don't know 100% it won't be reinvested, we could sign 3 top players with this money.

In all honesty it is good money for a player who it is less than guaranteed will make the step up. For me he is still an excellent prospect, but that's about it.

However it seems that the club has been giving signals that they were willing to talk money regarding a poss transfer this window and have been for a couple of weeks (since Harry started telling his drinking buddies about their bid), the question remains that if this is the case they must have ideas about a replacement knowing the fallout that will inevitably come. I seriously think that the relegation battle will be on if we are to go on without Carroll who has been all over the pitch and a real lightning rod in many games.

As a purely business deal you have to say that this is quite close to the price ceiling for a player who in all reality isn't super-gifted and has some psychological baggage. I can only imagine that if he carries on improving the price would have increased but to no more than 40m and in the summer without time pressure who would fork that out? Think we are in these big figures cause Liv (have money from Torres) and Spurs are desperate.

The real pain is that Carroll being a local lad had a reall connection with the club and a fighting spirit that came with that. In that sense he is irreplaceable.

Sad day if this goes through (and it looks like it might).

Do you honestly believe he's going to re-invest it within these last few hours?

I don't know. THIRTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS. £35,000,000. Look at it. £35m for a player many predicted wouldn't score 8 goals this season just 5 months ago. £35M KEEP LOOKING AT IT. We' have taken 10m 5 month ago that's a fact.

Do you honestly believe he's going to re-invest it within these last few hours?

I don't know. THIRTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS. £35,000,000. Look at it. £35m for a player many predicted wouldn't score 8 goals this season just 5 months ago. £35M KEEP LOOKING AT IT. We' have taken 10m 5 month ago that's a fact.

Not worth 35m by a long shot tbf. Purely business side is a very good bit of money.

I think it sends out a negative statement that we're a selling club.

I also think we won't replace him adequately. Either by not spending money or not being able to attract quality players, through reasons like poor wages and selling our best players to mid-table rivals.

I also think we won't replace him adequately. Either by not spending money or not being able to attract quality players, through reasons like poor wages and selling our best players to mid-table rivals.

It does, I said that before it happened, but none of us are under any illusions that's what we are.

It's too much money to turn down ffs, 7th highest transfer fee in the history of the world's biggest sport for someone who has in total scored 14 top flight goals, look at it rationally. I hate Ashley but I'm not slating him for this.

It does, I said that before it happened, but none of us are under any illusions that's what we are.

It's too much money to turn down ffs, 7th highest transfer fee in the history of the world's biggest sport for someone who has in total scored 14 top flight goals, look at it rationally. I hate Ashley but I'm not slating him for this.

You might when we replace him with Dele Adebola.

You might when we replace him with Dele Adebola.

We could get Podolski in for £15m on 60k a week 100%. Give them till midnight to come up with the answers anyway.

What about when we get Samaras/Heskey/N'gog in to replace him?

What about when we get Samaras/Heskey/N'gog in to replace him?

See post above. The offer is in EXCESS of £35m, so it could be 37s, where is the cut off point where you say AYE we need to accept that like? £35m was for me, less for some like Craig.

Quite simply won't be reinvested well enough, so no. Price is irrelevant.

Is the right answer. If I thought we'd replace Carroll and use the rest of the cash to strengthen the squad elsewhere, £35-40m for a unproven player like Carroll would be far to good to turn down.

I dont want him to go, but if I could believe the above I could handle it.

Selling him in the final hours of the window is fucking madness though. We'll have Shola, Best and Lovelyhands to keep us up. Shola leading the line? We're fucked.

Close to £40m, I believe. Rejected anyway.

If Ashley is backing Pardew to the extent that he's rejecting £40m offers to keep Carroll at the club, I will be very impressed.

CaulkinTheTimes

Don't have any official confirmation from the #NUFC end about the size of fee rejected, but no suggestion that talks have ended ...

He's going, we're doing a Luque on them.