Will we sign a replacement?

GeeForce

Apparently we have failed in a bid for Bendtner (loan).

Can't see happening anything; Only talk of "we've tried desperately hard, we don't want to upset the squad's balance, teamspirit etc, it has to be the right player, no purchase for the sake of it" blablablabla.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sign 19-year Connor Wickham. He's got potential and is young.

I know he's only young but a goalscoring record in the championship of around 1 in every 10 games doesnt fill me with confidence.

Edited by TicTacWoe

@Scottwilsonecho

Rumours of Paraguay international Nelson Valdez being the man to plug a gap at #NUFC. Currently at Hercules in Spain.

Seemed OK at the World Cup IIRC, better than our current options anyway.

Edited by Besty

Caulkin and Bird both saying no business doing tonight.

Yup.

Can't wait to hear the excuses tomorrow.

An utter disaster of a transfer window. We've brought in an out of form midfielder with mental issues, to create goals for our now Championship-level strikeforce.

Now, perhaps we shouldn't be selling our only decent striker if we know we can't definitely replace him in time...

Ashley is banking on the current lot keeping us up on their own and then, hopefully, splashing the case in the summer. That's a huge risk and if we do go down the money we've made off of Carroll won't be going anywhere other than to cover our losses from another relegation.

Given the way they are going about things, I would rather they didn't waste the money signing some shiet 'replacement'. Get a loan or a youngster in or just stick with what we got. Carroll was out for a month anyway so we would have the likes of Ameobi+Best regardless.

Edited by Flair

Perhaps we'll see the start of a new fluid 433 with ben arfa and jonas supporting a rejuvinated shola up front from out wide with Barton and Nolan offering support and tiote holding. A dynamic front 6 that fires us to Europe. Perhaps Carroll will prove an expensive flop, weighed down by the price tag of 35m.

Perhaps I'll flap my arms and fly to the moon.