Ashley's Transfer History thread

Happy Face

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paints a pretty accurate picture.

The wages have also dropped off substantially over that period (spare some of the earlier signings).

Edited by OzToonFan

Looks like he's halfway there then. Only 3½ years of this cunt before he recoups his cash and fucks off :lol:

Since putting the club on the market the first time he's closer to £55million in profit on the transfer market.

Thank you HF.

I predict come September that figure will be up to £65-70m

Hatem is an expensive signing looking at what's been spent the last 2 years. Can't imagine him spending much more than that ever again, despite the record fee.

• 4 months later...
As someone mentioned it in the deadline thread, I'll maintain this opening post as a go-to reference. Corrections gratefully received.

Summer 2007

Out

Alan O'Brien -£200,000

Scott Parker -£7,000,000

Albert Luque -£1,000,000

Kieron Dyer -£6,000,000

Nolberto Solano -£500,000

Paul Huntington -£500,000

In

Joey Barton £5,800,000

Abdoulaye Faye £2,000,000

Alan Smith £6,000,000

Habib Beye £2,000,000

Jose Enrique £6,000,000

Total = £6.6 million spend

January 2008

Out

none

In

Fabio Zamblera £300,000

Total = £300K spend

Summer 2008

Out

David Rozehnal -£2,900,000

Emre -£2,000,000

Abdoulaye Faye -£2,250,000

James Milner -£12,000,000

In

Danny Guthrie £2,500,000

Jonas Gutierrez £5,200,000

Fabricio Coloccini £9,100,000

Francisco Jiminez Tejada "Xisco" £5,000,000

Total = £2.65 Million spend

January 2009

Out

Charles N'Zogbia -£6,000,000

Shay Given -£8,000,000

In

Kevin Nolan £4,000,000

Total = £10 Million net inflow

Summer 2009

Out

Obafemi Martins -£9,000,000

Damien Duff -£2,500,000

Habib Beye -£2,000,000

Sebastien Bassong -£8,000,000

In

None

Total = £21.5 million net inflow

January 2010

Out

None

In

Danny Simpson £1,000,000

Wayne Routledge £1,000,000

Mike Williamson £1,000,000

Leon Best £1,000,000

Total = £4 million spend

Summer 2010

Out

None

In

James Perch £1,000,000

Cheick Tiote £2,500,000

Total = £3.5 Million Spend

January 2011

Out

Andy Carroll -£35,000,000

In

Hatem Ben  Arfa £5,750,000

Total = £29.25 Million net inflow

Summer 2011

Out

In

Yohan Cabaye £4,300,000

Total = £4.3 Million Spend

GRAND TOTAL = £43.4 Million net inflow

Happy face has learnt from Leazes Mags bitter experience. Have all the facts and figures at hand so that when your moment comes to bask in the warm glory of being right, there will be no vague he said, she said, 99%....... etc etc :lol:

Happy face has learnt from Leazes Mags bitter experience. Have all the facts and figures at hand so that when your moment comes to bask in the warm glory of being right, there will be no vague he said, she said, 99%....... etc etc :lol:

You should be highlighting the contradiction between my 2 posts this morrning. How can I complain about the size of the debt AND how little we'be spent? It's idiocy.

I'm only really interested in the here and now tbh, not what happened four years ago or even longer in Leazes case.

One group will view this thread , stupidly, as Ashley making a personal profit. Another will see it as his lack of ambition and another will see it as necessary actions during a very turbulent time when the club was losing money hand over fist.

Most fans are probably only interested in whether we can add to the excellent business that was Cabaye and whether we can hang onto Enrique, Barton and Nolan and star next season stronger than last.

I learned all my "lessons" in the 1980's pal. Selling your best players and replacing them with sub standard replacements, in the name of "good business", doesn't work.

Mickey Mouse stuff.

Wasn't Tiote £3.5m? Also the January Championship transfers were undisclosed iirc, i'd be amazed if they were on bang on £1m. Your point still stands though regardless

I must have woken in a decent mood this morning due to it being Little Armchair's 1st birthday - looking at those figures a lot of it appears to be pretty 'good business', certainly heading towards this fabled Arsenal model of bringing on players and selling them for considerably more than bought, plus it would seem we haven't been letting too many players go for pennies like we used to. However... the footballing side of the team has deteriorated as a result of the players coming in not always being of the quality to support the progression of the team while achieving the first point. The problem we have is that we need a larger squad of players of higher potential otherwise we end up just being a selling club that gets nowhere.

I'm only really interested in the here and now tbh, not what happened four years ago or even longer in Leazes case.

One group will view this thread , stupidly, as Ashley making a personal profit. Another will see it as his lack of ambition and another will see it as necessary actions during a very turbulent time when the club was losing money hand over fist.

Most fans are probably only interested in whether we can add to the excellent business that was Cabaye and whether we can hang onto Enrique, Barton and Nolan and star next season stronger than last.

1. You didn't even know who he was the other week

2. You haven't even seen him play, he could turn out to be a flop

3. You talk out of your arse

Can we get this daft shites name and avatar changed please, he's blatantly taking the piss now?