Ashley's Transfer History thread

Happy Face

Pipe down Uncle Albert, I said I was disappointed and by inference indicated we should have bought a defender in this window in the post you've quoted so don't paint me as thinking otherwise, I also said to others that if we didn't sign Mariappa we wouldn't sign anyone, so you didn't tell me anything I didn't already know and have known for the past 4 years.
:lol:
and the grey man, true to form, has absolutely nothing to say :cuppa:

So to sum this thread up, you have.......

LM:

unclealbert.jpg

......Arguing with......

Fish;

coats.jpg

......Whilst at the same time giving.......

Manc Mag;

imagesCAUTW6NP.jpg

......some stick as well.

Am I still on track with the thread?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pipe down Uncle Albert, I said I was disappointed and by inference indicated we should have bought a defender in this window in the post you've quoted so don't paint me as thinking otherwise, I also said to others that if we didn't sign Mariappa we wouldn't sign anyone, so you didn't tell me anything I didn't already know and have known for the past 4 years.

pipe down yourself dickbrain, i've been telling you and an assorted bunch of fuckwits something you haven't known for longer than the past 4 years, and if the rubbish you have posted in the last 24 hours is anything to go by, nothing much is going to change.

I'm pointing out the limited ambitions of the club, and how they are competing at small club levels, again, in case you haven't got the brains to work it out.

Livid :lol:

Liar

we have a small squad, we have had injuries that is pushing it and an outside chance of getting into europe, and they didn't think it was worth a gamble ? For the sake of half a million quid, a player the manager [presumably] thought was good enough for Newcastle United has been lost, and maybe the subsequent chance of getting that european place ?

This is not the first time Mike Ashley or someone at the club will pass up the chance to push ahead and look to complete the task for the sake of false economy and not understanding or caring about the footballing side of things.

Don't say you weren't told, and don't call me a liar when I bring this up in the future, like other things I have said in the past.

What happens if it doesnt affect anything and another of your fanciful "I told you so" predictions floats away on a summer breeze?

which one has done that ?

pipe down yourself dickbrain, i've been telling you and an assorted bunch of fuckwits something you haven't known for longer than the past 4 years, and if the rubbish you have posted in the last 24 hours is anything to go by, nothing much is going to change.

I'm pointing out the limited ambitions of the club, and how they are competing at small club levels, again, in case you haven't got the brains to work it out.

Livid :lol:

Liar

:spit: hypocrite

(I could do this all day :cuppa: )

Edited by The Fish

Backing him on a £9m striker which I guess was paying what he was worth. They offered £2.5m for a championship cb, that was below Watfords valuation. They could have wanted £5m, who knows.

They obviously have players they want in summer and this guy was a stop gap until then. Would have had Bassong on loan tho, missed a trick there I think

Aye, I'd have taken Bassong on loan.

This is a serious question before any nutsack bites my head off, but how do u reckon the crowd would have taken to that given how he left??

Apparently he refused to play in a friendly to push through a move to Spurs which is why we wouldn't touch him.

It was a gamble not getting another centre back and fingers crossed it doesn't come back to bite us on the arse, even if we have to wait until the summer for Douglas we still should have got someone in on loan.

Backing him on a £9m striker which I guess was paying what he was worth. They offered £2.5m for a championship cb, that was below Watfords valuation. They could have wanted £5m, who knows.

They obviously have players they want in summer and this guy was a stop gap until then. Would have had Bassong on loan tho, missed a trick there I think

Aye, I'd have taken Bassong on loan.

This is a serious question before any nutsack bites my head off, but how do u reckon the crowd would have taken to that given how he left??

Apparently he refused to play in a friendly to push through a move to Spurs which is why we wouldn't touch him.

It was a gamble not getting another centre back and fingers crossed it doesn't come back to bite us on the arse, even if we have to wait until the summer for Douglas we still should have got someone in on loan.

its called "not pushing on and being more than happy with what you have". Get used to it, this won't be the first time they will put the tight financial ship before speculating to accumulate, before the slide starts as a result.

Unfortunately, you need to buy the quality players [ie "trophy players"] if you want to make the breakthrough. It will NEVER happen.

I'm hardly going to worry we wouldn't be held to ransom over a championship centre back who would have been a stop gap until the summer. I am excited to see our new centre forward team up with our very impressive current centre forward, especially when our 2 world class centre midfielders are back together.

Not bad when you consider Krul,BA,Collo,Tiote and Cabaye could easily get in any side other than City

Edited by jaythesouthernmag

It's a gamble, but probably a gamble worth taking.

I'd far rather we got a first choice transfer target for £8m, rather than £5m and a stop gap, who there is no guarantee of selling.

We should be buying first team players and promising youngsters, not journeymen.

I'm hardly going to worry we wouldn't be held to ransom over a championship centre back who would have been a stop gap until the summer. I am excited to see our new centre forward team up with our very impressive current centre forward, especially when our 2 world class centre midfielders are back together.

...international class at any rate.

I'd far rather we got a first choice transfer target for £8m, rather than £5m and a stop gap, who there is no guarantee of selling.

We should be buying first team players and promising youngsters, not journeymen.

indeed. So why were we interested in this player ?

Think about it. I realise it may be difficult, or that you may reject the obvious for not suiting your "opinion".

Because we a dangerously light on defenders and he was seen as a stopgap until the summer when we have a sniff of getting the player we actually want, who presumably will be a first choice centre half.

The problem occurred because Watford's valuation of the stop gap was too high.

If the budget is £8m for defensive cover then paying £3m is not leaving a lot for a first choice defender is it? Filling the squad with unsellable, ordinary players is not going to do anyone any good.

Most teams don't like doing business in the January transfer window unless it suits them or the offer is too good to turn down, which generally means a club paying over the odds for a player, we all know Ashley won't do that hence why that deal never happend, they also won't sign a player knee jerk style if the target can't be landed. Yes its a gamble but that's Ashley and to be fair recent transfer history proves he's been right to stick with his policy.

Because we a dangerously light on defenders and he was seen as a stopgap until the summer when we have a sniff of getting the player we actually want, who presumably will be a first choice centre half.

If the budget is £8m for defensive cover then paying £3m is not leaving a lot for a first choice defender is it? Filling the squad with unsellable, ordinary players is not going to do anyone any good.

That was my understanding aswell.

Pardew said in an interview it was now or never for the lad, as we'd look elsewhere in the summer.

I think if we'd have bought him. We wouldnt have recruited a CB in the summer, so i'm not fussed we missed out.

I know we are light on defenders.

Sigh.

Ok but why buy second rate at over market prices just for the sake of it. Is he good enough to take us to the next level? No. Would it help us in the long term? No. Might we be stuck with a squad player who we can't shift cos he never plays? Yes.

Its a gamble, but a calculated gamble.

its called "not pushing on and being more than happy with what you have". Get used to it, this won't be the first time they will put the tight financial ship before speculating to accumulate, before the slide starts as a result.

Unfortunately, you need to buy quality players [ie "trophy players"] if you want to make the breakthrough. It will NEVER happen.

The point being the player we want isn't available yet apparently, so we have to wait until the summer until he is.

I don't see that as not pushing on, it's similar to the Cisse situation as he's come out and said he was close to joining in the summer but his club blocked it, meaning he had to wait until January.

we have a small squad, we have had injuries that is pushing it and an outside chance of getting into europe, and they didn't think it was worth a gamble ? For the sake of half a million quid, a player the manager [presumably] thought was good enough for Newcastle United has been lost, and maybe the subsequent chance of getting that european place ?

This is not the first time Mike Ashley or someone at the club will pass up the chance to push ahead and look to complete the task for the sake of false economy and not understanding or caring about the footballing side of things.

Don't say you weren't told, and don't call me a liar when I bring this up in the future, like other things I have said in the past.

What happens if it doesnt affect anything and another of your fanciful "I told you so" predictions floats away on a summer breeze?

which one has done that ?

"Collocini Tiote / Cabaye etc will be gone before January is out, Doom, Doom, Doomity, Doom!! Doomity Doom!" :rolleyes:

Demba Cisse was £9million not £7.5million and Santon £5.3million as opposed to £5million.

:aye:

accuracy is important, but not just in figures. It's worth while realising the difference between statements, hyperbole and just outright bollocks.