Andy Carroll - "I was told to leave"

KeithJ

According to Newspaper reports today, Steve Wraith was sent a number of text messages whereby he explains that he has been told the club want the money and have asked him to leave. They told Andy Carroll they did not want him there anymore.

Sorry, however I smell a load of bull shit.

If Andy Carroll wanted to stay, then he could have. He had a 5 year deal with Newcastle United and I doubt very much that he thought the club would bench him for the rest of that contract. It takes two to tango!

The simple fact is, Newcastle United got an amazing bid that smelled of a desperation from Liverpool. £35mil for 11 goals in half a season of your first premiership time!

SO before Andy Carroll comes out and says he was forced to leave, he wasnt! He had a 5 year contract with Newcastle and could have said NO! at anytime. The simple matter of fact is this. He felt bad for leaving Newcastle but knew £50k a week would buy a sufficient amount of tissues!

Am I angry? Yes! Not at him leaving but at him coming out with the bullshit of "I love the club, I love the shirt!, I want to be a legend like my idol Shearer, I sat in the gallowgate"

At the end of the day, Carroll signed the contract for liverpool knowing he could back out at anytime. He was so forced, he handed in a transfer request.

Ironic how he went to the same team as Steven Gerrard who turned down Chelsea who to be fair would have gave Liverpool a good enough deal for them to accept!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame Carroll for wanting to go, when presented with the deal tbh.

Aye

If presented with financial security for life, who on here would knock it back?

The constant replay of Carroll striding accross to the training ground with a grin like a wanking chimp spoke volumes for me.

You been at my webcam?

:lol:

"The messages were sent to Steve Wraith, editor of fanzine Toon Talk, which Carroll has agreed to have published.

They were sent between noon and 4pm yesterday, the striker having reported for training totally unaware that Liverpool had tabled an initial £30m bid.

Text One: “They have kind of said we don’t want u but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don’t wanna go.”

Text Two: “I don’t know mate. Gutted tho.” (In reply to question: what’s happening?”)

Text Three: “They said they wanted the money”

Text Four: “Gutted to be leaving but I was kind of pushed out the door”

Text Five: “Just what I’ve just said really. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Don’t want to leave. that’s why I signed 5 year deal.”

Wraith, who has known Carroll since he was a teenager, said: “I was in touch with Andy all day. “We went for a drink a couple of weeks ago when he told me how happy he was to have signed a five-year contract and fully intended to honour it.

“Now he wants the fans to know the truth. He is quite happy for them to see the texts because he’d hate them to think he’d been lying to them."

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I'm not saying Steve Wraith is a good bloke or anything but WHY would he make that up? He's not the type he won't give a fuck.

Clearly nudged out the door, and he's looked round and thought fuck this, I'm offmans if they don't want me after all the statement of intent to build a club around him, I think people are being incredibly harsh on AC. I'd have done the same tbh if I wasn't wanted after being lied to, well not to Liverpool, but to Man Utd I would definitely.

"The messages were sent to Steve Wraith, editor of fanzine Toon Talk, which Carroll has agreed to have published.

They were sent between noon and 4pm yesterday, the striker having reported for training totally unaware that Liverpool had tabled an initial £30m bid.

Text One: “They have kind of said we don’t want u but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don’t wanna go.”

Text Two: “I don’t know mate. Gutted tho.” (In reply to question: what’s happening?”)

Text Five: “Just what I’ve just said really. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Don’t want to leave. that’s why I signed 5 year deal.”

Wraith, who has known Carroll since he was a teenager, said: “I was in touch with Andy all day. “We went for a drink a couple of weeks ago when he told me how happy he was to have signed a five-year contract and fully intended to honour it.

“Now he wants the fans to know the truth. He is quite happy for them to see the texts because he’d hate them to think he’d been lying to them."

There's not a chance in hell those texts are real.

Correct use of apostrophes for one thing.

Why did he hand in a transfer request if he was so desperate to stay? As I said this deal benefits all parties, what I don't like is this pretence he loves the club.

Sounds like he (naively) wants the fans to forgive him for going. My take since it happened has been it suited all 3 parties - i.e. Liverpool, Carroll and Ashley. This doesn't change that view.

There's not a chance in hell those texts are real.

Correct use of apostrophes for one thing.

iPhone puts them in for you :lol:

Should be fairly easy for the club to quash those texts as bollocks if they didn't happen.

I bet they won't though :lol:

They're hardly Earth-shattering though, are they?

I'm not saying Steve Wraith is a good bloke or anything but WHY would he make that up? He's not the type he won't give a fuck.

Clearly nudged out the door, and he's looked round and thought fuck this, I'm offmans if they don't want me after all the statement of intent to build a club around him, I think people are being incredibly harsh on AC. I'd have done the same tbh if I wasn't wanted after being lied to, well not to Liverpool, but to Man Utd I would definitely.

I believe every word that's written. It ended as a mutual agreement by three parties but this whole thing was instigated by one, the owner of Newcastle United.

It's absolute fucking bollox. The £35m WILL NOT be re-invested in the playing staff as the FCB manages to grab his money and hopefully fuck off never to be seen again.

The blow hasn't been softened overnight, it's a right royal stitch-up which the fans are having to suffer as per the usual script.