Andy Carroll - "I was told to leave"

KeithJ

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying Steve Wraith is a good bloke or anything but WHY would he make that up? He's not the type he won't give a fuck.

Clearly nudged out the door, and he's looked round and thought fuck this, I'm offmans if they don't want me after all the statement of intent to build a club around him, I think people are being incredibly harsh on AC. I'd have done the same tbh if I wasn't wanted after being lied to, well not to Liverpool, but to Man Utd I would definitely.

I believe every word that's written. It ended as a mutual agreement by three parties but this whole thing was instigated by one, the owner of Newcastle United.

It's absolute fucking bollox. The £35m WILL NOT be re-invested in the playing staff as the FCB manages to grab his money and hopefully fuck off never to be seen again.

The blow hasn't been softened overnight, it's a right royal stitch-up which the fans are having to suffer as per the usual script.

The whole thing was instigated by Chelsea bidding for Torres and him wanting to go.

Edited by Toonpack

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Should be fairly easy for the club to quash those texts as bollocks if they didn't happen.

I bet they won't though :lol:

They won't because quite clearly all that is genuine. I don't think AC is intelligent or conniving enough to manufacture this, I believe he is gutted, I think it's clear as day the Wraith stuff is true, and if tomorrow was replayed today like Groundhog Day, Carroll would not have wanted it to end up like it has. He'll get a wake up call if he has a few bad games though because their fans are vicious.

So are the club lying about the transfer request?

What, NUFC, lie?

Scandal.

That's not beyond the realms of possibility...but surely Carroll would deny it and refuse personal terms.

Naive to think both clubs, the player and his agent are less than happy. Also naive of the club to think a transfer request will keep fans off their back (I think it was to save money more than anything for them) and Naive of Carroll to think a few texts will keep the fans sweet with his decision.

I forgive a transfer request from Shay Given. A loyal servent who watched the club get destroyed from within. I can't forgive Carroll who's been treated very well in personal and professional life and has only seen improvement in our league position.

The player inflation which fed Ashley's greed ultimately comes from Chelsea. The cunts.

If you look deeper than that it came from the collapse of the Soviet Union, the rise of Capitalism, and Russian mafia oil bonds :lol:

The whole thing was instigated by Chelsea bidding for Torres and him wanting to go.

Don't think the bidders instigated that one. I reckon Kenny Dalglish came in and the first thing he said was "Get what you can for Torres, I want Andy Carroll!"

If he was that adamant he didn't want to go, why would he submit the request, thereby getting Ashley out of jail (partially anyway)?

His agent would've been thinking "£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££" and I'm pretty sure AC didn't need much convincing off a good talker, I'm talking about him like he's rainman, but quite clearly the lad is impressionable, I think he is completely innocent in all of this, and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Honestly lads, are we really having a go at a young lad , not massively blessed with Phd grey matter, for taking an unbelievably tempting carrot that was dangled in front of him.

If he celebrates, or kisses the badge, when he scores against us then by all means crucify him, but this?

Should be fairly easy for the club to quash those texts as bollocks if they didn't happen.

They won't because quite clearly all that is genuine. I don't think AC is intelligent or conniving enough to manufacture this, I believe he is gutted, I think it's clear as day the Wraith stuff is true, and if tomorrow was replayed today like Groundhog Day, Carroll would not have wanted it to end up like it has. He'll get a wake up call if he has a few bad games though because their fans are vicious.

Aye people are giving Carroll too much credit in terms of intelligence IMO. Quite possibly thought he didn't have an option and I wouldn't put it past Mike and Dekka to manipulate the situation into him believing that to be fact.

Also if he genuinely didn't want to go he's been terribly advised but then all agents are interested in is getting their wedge. Having a player on your books who doesn't command a transfer at least once in his career surely represents lost income to those fucking scallys?

If he was that adamant he didn't want to go, why would he submit the request, thereby getting Ashley out of jail (partially anyway)?

His agent would've been thinking "£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££" and I'm pretty sure AC didn't need much convincing off a good talker, I'm talking about him like he's rainman, but quite clearly the lad is impressionable, I think he is completely innocent in all of this, and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Aye, I'm gutted for him :lol:

Seriously though, I don't blame him but I'd rather be saved the victim shite. We're the fucking victims. Again.

What, NUFC, lie?

Scandal.

That's not beyond the realms of possibility...but surely Carroll would deny it and refuse personal terms.

Naive to think both clubs, the player and his agent are less than happy. Also naive of the club to think a transfer request will keep fans off their back (I think it was to save money more than anything for them) and Naive of Carroll to think a few texts will keep the fans sweet with his decision.

I forgive a transfer request from Shay Given. A loyal servent who watched the club get destroyed from within. I can't forgive Carroll who's been treated very well in personal and professional life and has only seen improvement in our league position.

It worked at safc, where the fans turned completely on Bent.

What, NUFC, lie?

Scandal.

It worked at safc, where the fans turned completely on Bent.

Difference being the Mackems liked their board in the first place.

What, NUFC, lie?

Scandal.

See Gemmill's timeline regarding the transfer request/bid acceptance.

I'm not going to hammer a kid for being manipulated and getting a boner for mega bucks.

"The messages were sent to Steve Wraith, editor of fanzine Toon Talk, which Carroll has agreed to have published.

They were sent between noon and 4pm yesterday, the striker having reported for training totally unaware that Liverpool had tabled an initial £30m bid.

Text One: “They have kind of said we don’t want u but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don’t wanna go.”

Text Two: “I don’t know mate. Gutted tho.” (In reply to question: what’s happening?”)

Text Three: “They said they wanted the money”

Text Four: “Gutted to be leaving but I was kind of pushed out the door”

Text Five: “Just what I’ve just said really. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Don’t want to leave. that’s why I signed 5 year deal.”

Wraith, who has known Carroll since he was a teenager, said: “I was in touch with Andy all day. “We went for a drink a couple of weeks ago when he told me how happy he was to have signed a five-year contract and fully intended to honour it.

“Now he wants the fans to know the truth. He is quite happy for them to see the texts because he’d hate them to think he’d been lying to them."

There's not a chance in hell those texts are real.

Correct use of apostrophes for one thing.

iPhone puts them in for you :lol:

*burns application to Sleuth School* :unsure:

Aye people are giving Carroll too much credit in terms of intelligence IMO. Quite possibly thought he didn't have an option and I wouldn't put it past Mike and Dekka to manipulate the situation into him believing that to be fact.

Also if he genuinely didn't want to go he's been terribly advised but then all agents are interested in is getting their wedge. Having a player on your books who doesn't command a transfer at least once in his career surely represents lost income to those fucking scallys?

If he genuinely didn't want to go, his advisors had a duty of care to convince him that he was wrong man. This text business is a bit of face saving from a young kid who doesn't want his mates to think badly of him. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with him wanting to go. Even the tone of the texts - they kinda did this, they practically told me to do this. It reads like a careful face-saving exercise.

I don't get where you think he's been terribly advised.

I bet Liverpool were on the phone as soon as Torres handed his request in btw. They'll be delighted with the way it went so it would've appeared they didn't have time to get anyone in when they could and should've got a replacement in, even if it was just a half season loan.

If he genuinely didn't want to go, his advisors had a duty of care to convince him that he was wrong man. This text business is a bit of face saving from a young kid who doesn't want his mates to think badly of him. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with him wanting to go. Even the tone of the texts - they kinda did this, they practically told me to do this. It reads like a careful face-saving exercise.

I don't get where you think he's been terribly advised.

If we're honest Liverpool is a better proposition than Newcastle right now, but at the same time I remain convinced that he wanted to stay here if the club maintained their stance of building the entire future around them, with them vbasically packing his cases for him, he was right to say right fuck yiz imo.

I bet Liverpool were on the phone as soon as Torres handed his request in btw. They'll be delighted with the way it went so it would've appeared they didn't have time to get anyone in when they could and should've got a replacement in, even if it was just a half season loan.

Torres has been abysmal since he got injured before the WC, and his form has never even looked like coming back, so for £7m they have got the best young striker in the country, and one of the best strikers at the World Cup. Brilliant day for them, regardless what Carroll's fee was, cos presently Torres isn't a £20m player let alone a £50m one.

My take on it would be to look very closely at the ties between the agents who brokered the deal between Torres and Chelsea and Carrroll and Liverppol. The biggest winners from yesterday.

All the talk of £150m being spent is bollocks unless you're an agent. Chelsea put £50m in the market and Liverpool spent that. So £50m into the market generating a £100m worth of sales for agents to profit from.

I have heard that Carroll's agent insisted that he speak to Liverpool. Why? Good for the player obviously but that of course isnt the truth from the agent's perspective. The reality is that there was no way Abramovich was setting in place £100m of transfers and fees if Carroll didnt want to go. The catalyst in all this is Carroll's willingness to move, not the club's willingness to sell.

My take on it would be to look very closely at the ties between the agents who brokered the deal between Torres and Chelsea and Carrroll and Liverppol. The biggest winners from yesterday.

All the talk of £150m being spent is bollocks unless you're an agent. Chelsea put £50m in the market and Liverpool spent that. So £50m into the market generating a £100m worth of sales for agents to profit from.

I have heard that Carroll's agent insisted that he speak to Liverpool. Why? Good for the player obviously but that of course isnt the truth from the agent's perspective. The reality is that there was no way Abramovich was setting in place £100m of transfers and fees if Carroll didnt want to go. The catalyst in all this is Carroll's willingness to move, not the club's willingness to sell.

The player only talks to Liverpool if the club tee it up for him. Which puts it back on the club's willingness to sell.

Ah I totally agree, the pairs of agents have been discussing that little merry go round for weeks imo. To the extent I was convinced the whole thing would come full circle with us getting Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea. Thank fuck we didn't, and thank fuck we didn't have to take N'Zog.

Me 15000th post, moaning about something bad about the club, bet the 20000th is the same. We are a proper cursed bunch aren't we, I don't know where geordies get their chirpyness from with all the pish we have to contend with.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

First post I've read since this started that's revealed a wider picture to me. This is where you're great.

I've thought to myself what a twat Carroll's agent is....but the wider picture of agents pulling £10m (supposing 10% of £100m) out of £50m pumped into the market never occurred to me. It's made me rather angrier at the agents than the player or the club.

Cunts.

The player only talks to Liverpool if the club tee it up for him. Which puts it back on the club's willingness to sell.

Of course, anything else would be breaching the rules. The club's willingness to sell any player is based on their 'price'. All players have a price, ergo they are willing to sell all players. Its the players decision. As for your scenario dreamt up whilst watching it unfold on twitter.

'We dont want you Andy, you're not welcome anymore'

'Seriously? Am gutted'

'Yeah and hand in a transfer request while you're at it'

'OK'

Least plausible scenario.