Andy Carroll - "I was told to leave"

KeithJ

My take on it would be to look very closely at the ties between the agents who brokered the deal between Torres and Chelsea and Carrroll and Liverppol. The biggest winners from yesterday.

All the talk of £150m being spent is bollocks unless you're an agent. Chelsea put £50m in the market and Liverpool spent that. So £50m into the market generating a £100m worth of sales for agents to profit from.

I have heard that Carroll's agent insisted that he speak to Liverpool. Why? Good for the player obviously but that of course isnt the truth from the agent's perspective. The reality is that there was no way Abramovich was setting in place £100m of transfers and fees if Carroll didnt want to go. The catalyst in all this is Carroll's willingness to move, not the club's willingness to sell.

Ah I totally agree, the pairs of agents have been discussing that little merry go round for weeks imo. To the extent I was convinced the whole thing would come full circle with us getting Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea. Thank fuck we didn't, and thank fuck we didn't have to take N'Zog.

I'd have taken him on loan as an alternative to our current legends up top.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on it would be to look very closely at the ties between the agents who brokered the deal between Torres and Chelsea and Carrroll and Liverppol. The biggest winners from yesterday.

All the talk of £150m being spent is bollocks unless you're an agent. Chelsea put £50m in the market and Liverpool spent that. So £50m into the market generating a £100m worth of sales for agents to profit from.

I have heard that Carroll's agent insisted that he speak to Liverpool. Why? Good for the player obviously but that of course isnt the truth from the agent's perspective. The reality is that there was no way Abramovich was setting in place £100m of transfers and fees if Carroll didnt want to go. The catalyst in all this is Carroll's willingness to move, not the club's willingness to sell.

The player only talks to Liverpool if the club tee it up for him. Which puts it back on the club's willingness to sell.

Of course, anything else would be breaching the rules. The club's willingness to sell any player is based on their 'price'. All players have a price, ergo they are willing to sell all players. Its the players decision. As for your scenario dreamt up whilst watching it unfold on twitter.

'We dont want you Andy, you're not welcome anymore'

'Seriously? Am gutted'

'Yeah and hand in a transfer request while you're at it'

'OK'

Least plausible scenario.

Aye canny. Apart from that isn't what I said happened.

According to Newspaper reports today, Steve Wraith was sent a number of text messages whereby he explains that he has been told the club want the money and have asked him to leave. They told Andy Carroll they did not want him there anymore.

Sorry, however I smell a load of bull shit.

If Andy Carroll wanted to stay, then he could have. He had a 5 year deal with Newcastle United and I doubt very much that he thought the club would bench him for the rest of that contract. It takes two to tango!

The simple fact is, Newcastle United got an amazing bid that smelled of a desperation from Liverpool. £35mil for 11 goals in half a season of your first premiership time!

SO before Andy Carroll comes out and says he was forced to leave, he wasnt! He had a 5 year contract with Newcastle and could have said NO! at anytime. The simple matter of fact is this. He felt bad for leaving Newcastle but knew £50k a week would buy a sufficient amount of tissues!

Am I angry? Yes! Not at him leaving but at him coming out with the bullshit of "I love the club, I love the shirt!, I want to be a legend like my idol Shearer, I sat in the gallowgate"

At the end of the day, Carroll signed the contract for liverpool knowing he could back out at anytime. He was so forced, he handed in a transfer request.

Ironic how he went to the same team as Steven Gerrard who turned down Chelsea who to be fair would have gave Liverpool a good enough deal for them to accept!

Spot on.

Board should have showed more ambition. Carroll should have said no IF he meant everything he spewed to the press.

Regardless of the blame game, a sad day.

According to Newspaper reports today, Steve Wraith was sent a number of text messages whereby he explains that he has been told the club want the money and have asked him to leave. They told Andy Carroll they did not want him there anymore.

If Andy Carroll wanted to stay, then he could have. He had a 5 year deal with Newcastle United and I doubt very much that he thought the club would bench him for the rest of that contract. It takes two to tango!

The simple fact is, Newcastle United got an amazing bid that smelled of a desperation from Liverpool. £35mil for 11 goals in half a season of your first premiership time!

SO before Andy Carroll comes out and says he was forced to leave, he wasnt! He had a 5 year contract with Newcastle and could have said NO! at anytime. The simple matter of fact is this. He felt bad for leaving Newcastle but knew £50k a week would buy a sufficient amount of tissues!

Am I angry? Yes! Not at him leaving but at him coming out with the bullshit of "I love the club, I love the shirt!, I want to be a legend like my idol Shearer, I sat in the gallowgate"

At the end of the day, Carroll signed the contract for liverpool knowing he could back out at anytime. He was so forced, he handed in a transfer request.

Ironic how he went to the same team as Steven Gerrard who turned down Chelsea who to be fair would have gave Liverpool a good enough deal for them to accept!

Spot on.

Board should have showed more ambition. Carroll should have said no IF he meant everything he spewed to the press.

I even fucking missed The Biggest Loser 'cos of that carry on last night. I'm holding you firmly to account on this one mate, you said he wouldn't go, you promised me maaaan. :unsure: Did you find the recipe for that pie? :lol:

The player only talks to Liverpool if the club tee it up for him. Which puts it back on the club's willingness to sell.

Of course, anything else would be breaching the rules. The club's willingness to sell any player is based on their 'price'. All players have a price, ergo they are willing to sell all players. Its the players decision. As for your scenario dreamt up whilst watching it unfold on twitter.

'We dont want you Andy, you're not welcome anymore'

'Seriously? Am gutted'

'Yeah and hand in a transfer request while you're at it'

'OK'

Least plausible scenario.

Aye canny. Apart from that isn't what I said happened.

As soon as I read "The club reluctantly accepted the transfer request" I knew it was bollocks. The Journo's said early in the day that the club had set their price. It was said later that Liverpool would make a second bit and it would be accepted. This was all before Carroll put in his request.

The club lies, constantly. We know that.

Good luck to Carroll imo. £80k pw? and we think he should knock that back? It's in no way justified and I still think footballs (and transfers) should give 10% to local communities, but Im more pissed that we've done fuck all to replace him than I am him leaving.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Press conference at 1.

If the likes of Caulkin are there, I hope they drag them through the dirt.

It will be a stage managed farce, with questions being pre-booked.

Press conference at 1.

We didnt want to sell

Carroll asked to go

No time left to replace but we did try

:lol:

"The messages were sent to Steve Wraith, editor of fanzine Toon Talk, which Carroll has agreed to have published.

They were sent between noon and 4pm yesterday, the striker having reported for training totally unaware that Liverpool had tabled an initial £30m bid.

Text One: “They have kind of said we don’t want u but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don’t wanna go.”

Text Two: “I don’t know mate. Gutted tho.” (In reply to question: what’s happening?”)

Text Three: “They said they wanted the money”

Text Four: “Gutted to be leaving but I was kind of pushed out the door”

Text Five: “Just what I’ve just said really. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Don’t want to leave. that’s why I signed 5 year deal.”

Wraith, who has known Carroll since he was a teenager, said: “I was in touch with Andy all day. “We went for a drink a couple of weeks ago when he told me how happy he was to have signed a five-year contract and fully intended to honour it.

“Now he wants the fans to know the truth. He is quite happy for them to see the texts because he’d hate them to think he’d been lying to them."

There's not a chance in hell those texts are real.

Correct use of apostrophes for one thing.

iPhone puts them in for you :lol:

*burns application to Sleuth School* :icon_lol:

:unsure:

Spot on.

I even fucking missed The Biggest Loser 'cos of that carry on last night. I'm holding you firmly to account on this one mate, you said he wouldn't go, you promised me maaaan. :unsure: Did you find the recipe for that pie? :lol:

It was shite.

Press conference at 1.

Probably. It's nice to think that someone would demand proper answers off them though.

Careers to think of sadly. You can't be the NE Sports Correspondent if you can't get into SJP.

The only thing that would save the club from their share of the blame in this, would be for them to reveal that Carroll had a clause in his contract allowing to talk to clubs if a bid of a certain amount came in. A common clause I believe. (Not that I think it will be the case here). Greed rules.

Press conference at 1.

Probably. It's nice to think that someone would demand proper answers off them though.

Careers to think of sadly. You can't be the NE Sports Correspondent if you can't get into SJP.

Exactly, the press conference when Pardew got the job pretty much summed it up.

The only thing that would save the club from their share of the blame in this, would be for them to reveal that Carroll had a clause in his contract allowing to talk to clubs if a bid of a certain amount came in. A common clause I believe. (Not that I think it will be the case here). Greed rules.

Well they supposedly rejected the £35m bid the first time it came in. Until...WHAT?! He's handed a transfer request in?! Oh I don't believe this, we'll have to sell him now, Mike. Shall we reluctantly accept it?

Well they supposedly rejected the £35m bid the first time it came in. Until...WHAT?! He's handed a transfer request in?! Oh I don't believe this, we'll have to sell him now, Mike. Shall we reluctantly accept it?

:lol:

While my opinion is that they shouldnt have sold no matter what, there are a lot of fans on here, interviewed on TV and elsewhere who were shouting snap their hands off at that kind of money.

So it is what you're saying.

'Not welcome but hand in a transfer request' doesnt make any sense.

So it is what you're saying.

'Not welcome but hand in a transfer request' doesnt make any sense.

Fucking hell man, Chez. I don't know how many times I can explain this.

The club made their mind up they wanted to sell him.

The club give the agent permission to present the deal to the player.

The player likes the look of the crazy sums of money that are being presented to him, and wants to move.

The club tell the agent that the player would be doing them a big favour if he hands a transfer request in, and they'll accept the bid.

The player, his head turned by the money that's being offered to him, hands the request in.

The request is instantly "reluctantly accepted" (within a matter of minutes).

10 minutes later the "bid accepted" notice is up on Liverpool's website - it's almost as if they had already written it and were just waiting to press the button.

I've never said that Carroll was gutted, desperately didn't want to go, and yet still handed a request in.

Pardew breaks silence on Carroll sale

Move ... Andy Carroll broke the transfer record for a British player yesterday.

By MILES STARFORTH

Published on Tue Feb 01 10:22:37 GMT 2011

ALAN Pardew today hit back at Andy Carroll’s claim he was forced out of St James’s Park.

And Newcastle United’s manager also insisted he has been promised that Carroll’s £35m-plus fee will be reinvested in the team by owner Mike Ashley.

Carroll last night completed a transfer deadline day move to Liverpool after handing in a written transfer request.

But the striker told friends in a series of texts he didn’t want to leave Newcastle – and had been forced out because the United “wanted the money”.

However, Pardew says Carroll – who signed a new long-term contract in October – approached him about a new contract after training, and handed a transfer request in when the club baulked at renegotiating his deal so soon after it was signed.

Asked about Carroll’s texts, Pardew told the Gazette: “What can I say? We didn’t force anybody to leave.

“I disagree with that point. He had a contract here for five years, and at some point it would get renewed, but for him to sign in October and it get renewed in January – where would it stop?

“Personally, I’m disappointed. He’s a lovely lad, and I really like him, but it was his decision, and you can’t change that.

“Was this about football? That’s what you have to ask. I don’t think it was.”

Liverpool moved for Carroll after Chelsea hardened their interest in Fernando Torres, who last night joined Chelsea in a British-record £48m deal.

Pardew went on: “We turned down a big offer, and they came back with a second big offer.

“We were having a discussion about what we were going to do with that offer when Andy requested to see me.

“I went to see Andy, and face to face we had a conversation about him wanting a new contract, even though he signed on in October, and (he said) if he didn’t get that contract, he wanted go.

“I asked him what he wanted, and I went to the board. We had a discussion about what the ramifications would be for the whole club.

“We took the view, with him signing a contract in October, that this would cause us all sorts of problems.

“We decided that we needed the conversation confirmed, and he put in a transfer request, which he did.

“He spoke to his agent, and between them they put the request in. We decided with the size of the offer, and what it meant to us, that we would accept.”

Pardew – who “guaranteed” Carroll wouldn’t be sold after succeeding Chris Hughton in December – was unable to bring in a replacement given the last-minute nature of the deal, which was confirmed less than an hour before transfer-window deadline.

With Wayne Routledge and Xisco having left on loan, and only Stephen Ireland having signed, Pardew’s squad is significantly weaker than it was a month ago.

However, Pardew has taken Ashley’s assurances that the fee will be spent on players in the summer, and beyond, at face value.

“We weren’t expecting him to go, so we weren’t in a position to replace him,” added Pardew.

“One thing I can guarantee, having spoke to Mike Ashley, is that every penny will go back into the club. Mike’s assured me he won’t take a penny out of the transfer.”

And asked about his repeated assurances that Carroll wouldn’t be sold, Pardew said: “We never put him up for sale – we fended off a bid from another Premiership club.

“But no club’s about one player. We’re absolutely gutted that he’s gone. It’s disappointing, but we’re not in a financial position like Liverpool.”

From: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/pardew..._sale_1_2999676