Andy Carroll - "I was told to leave"

KeithJ

According to Newspaper reports today, Steve Wraith was sent a number of text messages whereby he explains that he has been told the club want the money and have asked him to leave. They told Andy Carroll they did not want him there anymore.

Sorry, however I smell a load of bull shit.

If Andy Carroll wanted to stay, then he could have. He had a 5 year deal with Newcastle United and I doubt very much that he thought the club would bench him for the rest of that contract. It takes two to tango!

The simple fact is, Newcastle United got an amazing bid that smelled of a desperation from Liverpool. £35mil for 11 goals in half a season of your first premiership time!

SO before Andy Carroll comes out and says he was forced to leave, he wasnt! He had a 5 year contract with Newcastle and could have said NO! at anytime. The simple matter of fact is this. He felt bad for leaving Newcastle but knew £50k a week would buy a sufficient amount of tissues!

Am I angry? Yes! Not at him leaving but at him coming out with the bullshit of "I love the club, I love the shirt!, I want to be a legend like my idol Shearer, I sat in the gallowgate"

At the end of the day, Carroll signed the contract for liverpool knowing he could back out at anytime. He was so forced, he handed in a transfer request.

Ironic how he went to the same team as Steven Gerrard who turned down Chelsea who to be fair would have gave Liverpool a good enough deal for them to accept!

he's left a club with no aspirations to be successful and gone to one that want to be back up the top as soon as possible. No brainer really.

Throw in the salary to go with it, and he'd have been a complete mug to turn it down.

This is NUFC competing at Mike Ashley's desired level.

Bingo.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So are the club lying about the transfer request?

no they got him to sign it so they would save a 3m quid payout to him.

I'm just starting reading this thread, apologies if I find someone else has posted this.

I'm not saying Steve Wraith is a good bloke or anything but WHY would he make that up? He's not the type he won't give a fuck.

Clearly nudged out the door, and he's looked round and thought fuck this, I'm offmans if they don't want me after all the statement of intent to build a club around him, I think people are being incredibly harsh on AC. I'd have done the same tbh if I wasn't wanted after being lied to, well not to Liverpool, but to Man Utd I would definitely.

I believe every word that's written. It ended as a mutual agreement by three parties but this whole thing was instigated by one, the owner of Newcastle United.

It's absolute fucking bollox. The £35m WILL NOT be re-invested in the playing staff as the FCB manages to grab his money and hopefully fuck off never to be seen again.

The blow hasn't been softened overnight, it's a right royal stitch-up which the fans are having to suffer as per the usual script.

to be fair, its the first time this generation has seen this.

I'm not saying Steve Wraith is a good bloke or anything but WHY would he make that up? He's not the type he won't give a fuck.

Clearly nudged out the door, and he's looked round and thought fuck this, I'm offmans if they don't want me after all the statement of intent to build a club around him, I think people are being incredibly harsh on AC. I'd have done the same tbh if I wasn't wanted after being lied to, well not to Liverpool, but to Man Utd I would definitely.

I believe every word that's written. It ended as a mutual agreement by three parties but this whole thing was instigated by one, the owner of Newcastle United.

It's absolute fucking bollox. The £35m WILL NOT be re-invested in the playing staff as the FCB manages to grab his money and hopefully fuck off never to be seen again.

The blow hasn't been softened overnight, it's a right royal stitch-up which the fans are having to suffer as per the usual script.

The whole thing was instigated by Chelsea bidding for Torres and him wanting to go.

rubbish.

Its just football. You can't blame Chelsea for Andy Carroll leaving NUFC man :lol:

If he was that adamant he didn't want to go, why would he submit the request, thereby getting Ashley out of jail (partially anyway)?

because when the deal was put to him he found it made sense to go to a better club that wants to win things, and sacrificed his 3m fee [although it will be made up elsewhere in some way]. "Add ons" suggests a signing on fee at the other end.

I'm just starting reading this thread, apologies if I find someone else has posted this.

Aye...and he was happy to sign...as your post on going to an ambitious club suggests.

Anyone thinking he had tears in his eyes as he signed is daft.

Makes me think of The Simpsons when Homer weeps as he's eating pinchy, his pet lobster. "He tastes so good!" *sob*

It was in the balance and then he handed in the transfer request. Player wanting to leave + £40m = decision to let him go.

Its the simplest explanation.

I wonder if letting multi-million pound business decisions rest in the hands of a 22 year old footballer and his agent is the kind of business acumen that made Mike all his money?

Aye...and he was happy to sign...as your post on going to an ambitious club suggests.

Anyone thinking he had tears in his eyes as he signed is daft.

Makes me think of The Simpsons when Homer weeps as he's eating pinchy, his pet lobster. "He tastes so good!" *sob*

". . its what Pinchy(pockets) would have wanted"

The only thing that would save the club from their share of the blame in this, would be for them to reveal that Carroll had a clause in his contract allowing to talk to clubs if a bid of a certain amount came in. A common clause I believe. (Not that I think it will be the case here). Greed rules.

Well they supposedly rejected the £35m bid the first time it came in. Until...WHAT?! He's handed a transfer request in?! Oh I don't believe this, we'll have to sell him now, Mike. Shall we reluctantly accept it?

So it is what you're saying.

'Not welcome but hand in a transfer request' doesnt make any sense.

Fucking hell man, Chez. I don't know how many times I can explain this.

The club made their mind up they wanted to sell him.

The club give the agent permission to present the deal to the player.

The player likes the look of the crazy sums of money that are being presented to him *, and wants to move.

The club tell the agent that the player would be doing them a big favour if he hands a transfer request in, and they'll accept the bid.

The player, his head turned by the money that's being offered to him, hands the request in.

The request is instantly "reluctantly accepted" (within a matter of minutes).

10 minutes later the "bid accepted" notice is up on Liverpool's website - it's almost as if they had already written it and were just waiting to press the button.

* add "and was sold the idea of moving to a progressive club trying to put medals on his mantelpiece" - and nailed on the button.

Edited by LeazesMag

It was in the balance and then he handed in the transfer request. Player wanting to leave + £40m = decision to let him go.

I wonder if letting multi-million pound business decisions rest in the hands of a 22 year old footballer and his agent is the kind of business acumen that made Mike all his money?

It was in the hands of Abramovich, without the Torres money, there was no deal. Torres, his agent, Carroll, his agent were the decision-makers.

According to Newspaper reports today, Steve Wraith was sent a number of text messages whereby he explains that he has been told the club want the money and have asked him to leave. They told Andy Carroll they did not want him there anymore.

Sorry, however I smell a load of bull shit.

If Andy Carroll wanted to stay, then he could have. He had a 5 year deal with Newcastle United and I doubt very much that he thought the club would bench him for the rest of that contract. It takes two to tango!

The simple fact is, Newcastle United got an amazing bid that smelled of a desperation from Liverpool. £35mil for 11 goals in half a season of your first premiership time!

SO before Andy Carroll comes out and says he was forced to leave, he wasnt! He had a 5 year contract with Newcastle and could have said NO! at anytime. The simple matter of fact is this. He felt bad for leaving Newcastle but knew £50k a week would buy a sufficient amount of tissues!

Am I angry? Yes! Not at him leaving but at him coming out with the bullshit of "I love the club, I love the shirt!, I want to be a legend like my idol Shearer, I sat in the gallowgate"

At the end of the day, Carroll signed the contract for liverpool knowing he could back out at anytime. He was so forced, he handed in a transfer request.

Ironic how he went to the same team as Steven Gerrard who turned down Chelsea who to be fair would have gave Liverpool a good enough deal for them to accept!

he's left a club with no aspirations to be successful and gone to one that want to be back up the top as soon as possible. No brainer really.

Throw in the salary to go with it, and he'd have been a complete mug to turn it down.

This is NUFC competing at Mike Ashley's desired level.

Bingo.

Keep telling the dj that you like the sound of his broken record and he won't stop playing it.

A metaphor I just made up btw

If he was that adamant he didn't want to go, why would he submit the request, thereby getting Ashley out of jail (partially anyway)?

because when the deal was put to him he found it made sense to go to a better club that wants to win things, and sacrificed his 3m fee [although it will be made up elsewhere in some way]. "Add ons" suggests a signing on fee at the other end.

Rhetorical question :lol:

They're showing the new Liverpool line-up on the massive iPad on Sky Sports. :lol: Lawrie Sanchez looking like he works in City Takeaway.

I think that's called a flatscreen tv

They're showing the new Liverpool line-up on the massive iPad on Sky Sports. :lol: Lawrie Sanchez looking like he works in City Takeaway.

I think that's called a flatscreen tv

They were moving stuff with their hands though. If it was a telly, it was a bewitched one.

Boss picks up pieces and eyes Carlton Cole

* by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

* Feb 1 2011

ALAN PARDEW has vowed to battle on without Andy Carroll after losing his 11-goal top scorer to Liverpool.

The Newcastle United boss did not have enough time to conjure up a replacement for the Geordie striker before the transfew window closed.

But the Chronicle understands that Pardew may be interested in bringing in West Ham United striker Carlton Cole in the summer.

However, while Newcastle fans ponder a future without their talisman No 9, Pardew today gave his insight on the £35million deal that rocked football.

He told the Chronicle exclusively: “There was an offer refused in the morning and then we received a second improved offer.

“Myself, Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias were having a discussion when Andy Carroll poked his head around the door and said he wanted to see me.

“I had the conversation with Andy.

“He said he wanted a new contract now that would make him the highest paid player at the club.

“This from a guy who had signed a new deal just a few months ago.

“I asked him what he wanted but he didn’t reply.”

Pardew was left to assess his options going into tomorrow night’s trip to Craven Cottage to take on Fulham, with Shola Ameobi and Leon Best in the frame to lead the line in the capital.

Nile Ranger and Peter Lovenkrands will also be keen to stake a claim and, going forward, Phil Airey – currently nursing a hamstring injury – will hope to follow in the footsteps of fellow Academy product Carroll.

But while Pardew insisted from the first day in the job that did not want to sell, he feels the implications of Carroll smashing the club’s wage structure would not have been the right move for the Magpies.

He said: “We did not want to do anything to destabilise the club.

“Derek contacted Andy’s agent and said that if he wants to go we need a written transfer request, which he gave us.

“It was fairly evident once that came in we would have to accept the offer, but still at that point he didn’t have to go.

“My job now is to take this club forward with out him.”

Departing Spanish striker Xisco has reflected on his loan move to Deportivo la Coruna.

The £5.6m player said: “It is a pity that things didn’t work for me in England.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...r#ixzz1CiAxMlv5