Andy Carroll - "I was told to leave"

KeithJ

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Boss picks up pieces and eyes Carlton Cole

* by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

* Feb 1 2011

ALAN PARDEW has vowed to battle on without Andy Carroll after losing his 11-goal top scorer to Liverpool.

The Newcastle United boss did not have enough time to conjure up a replacement for the Geordie striker before the transfew window closed.

But the Chronicle understands that Pardew may be interested in bringing in West Ham United striker Carlton Cole in the summer.

However, while Newcastle fans ponder a future without their talisman No 9, Pardew today gave his insight on the £35million deal that rocked football.

He told the Chronicle exclusively: “There was an offer refused in the morning and then we received a second improved offer.

“Myself, Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias were having a discussion when Andy Carroll poked his head around the door and said he wanted to see me.

“I had the conversation with Andy.

“He said he wanted a new contract now that would make him the highest paid player at the club.

“This from a guy who had signed a new deal just a few months ago.

“I asked him what he wanted but he didn’t reply.”

Pardew was left to assess his options going into tomorrow night’s trip to Craven Cottage to take on Fulham, with Shola Ameobi and Leon Best in the frame to lead the line in the capital.

Nile Ranger and Peter Lovenkrands will also be keen to stake a claim and, going forward, Phil Airey – currently nursing a hamstring injury – will hope to follow in the footsteps of fellow Academy product Carroll.

But while Pardew insisted from the first day in the job that did not want to sell, he feels the implications of Carroll smashing the club’s wage structure would not have been the right move for the Magpies.

He said: “We did not want to do anything to destabilise the club.

“Derek contacted Andy’s agent and said that if he wants to go we need a written transfer request, which he gave us.

“It was fairly evident once that came in we would have to accept the offer, but still at that point he didn’t have to go.

“My job now is to take this club forward with out him.”

Departing Spanish striker Xisco has reflected on his loan move to Deportivo la Coruna.

The £5.6m player said: “It is a pity that things didn’t work for me in England.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...r#ixzz1CiAxMlv5

FFS. I'm very much in the West Ham please stop up camp if that's correct. Obviously we are bigger than West Ham, but it would increase the chances of him coming 10 fold if they went down. DON'T DO IT HE'S FUCKIN PISH.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All bases covered post from NO..

"The problem with this analysis is that if you are right, then it could just as easily been achieved by Carroll waiving the loyalty bonus, and avoid having to hand in a formal transfer request. Anyone can waive a benefit of a contract. He would have avoided the massive stigma of handing in a transfer request at your local club. So it can't have just been about avoiding the loyalty bonus.

I think you're close though - I suspect Carroll wanted to go all along once he had his head turned. He's been on England duty, and stuck with those fuckers for a few days on massive wages can change things. There were stories on here all day yesterday from sources close to the player saying that wheels were in motion and he will be gone today. The personal terms had clearly been agreed well in advance. That isn't the conduct of a player who was reluctantly forced into going because Ashley wanted the cash.

Carroll met with the club early yesterday morning, and once it was made clear he wanted to go, then all that NUFC could do is maximise value, but knowing that if Liverpool didn't stump up the price then they still wouldn't lose - they could still sell him in the summer. I genuinely believe they rejected £35m, but did so knowing that Liverpool were desparate, and anticipating a higher bid. Carroll was then advised by his agent to hand in a transfer request. This forced the issue, meant that NUFC get a higher fee due to the loyalty bonus not being paid, and also have an opportunity to save face as they only sold as they were forced to. This means the £35m became immediately more attractive, financially and from a PR perspective.

All of the above fits with what we saw happened yesterday, it is consistent with all of the "sources" close to the player, and consistent with statements made by both clubs, and is entirely logical.

No conspiracy at all. NUFC behaving like a business. Carroll behaving like a footballer.

Move on."

Not much wrong with that imo.

According to Newspaper reports today, Steve Wraith was sent a number of text messages whereby he explains that he has been told the club want the money and have asked him to leave. They told Andy Carroll they did not want him there anymore.

Sorry, however I smell a load of bull shit.

If Andy Carroll wanted to stay, then he could have. He had a 5 year deal with Newcastle United and I doubt very much that he thought the club would bench him for the rest of that contract. It takes two to tango!

The simple fact is, Newcastle United got an amazing bid that smelled of a desperation from Liverpool. £35mil for 11 goals in half a season of your first premiership time!

SO before Andy Carroll comes out and says he was forced to leave, he wasnt! He had a 5 year contract with Newcastle and could have said NO! at anytime. The simple matter of fact is this. He felt bad for leaving Newcastle but knew £50k a week would buy a sufficient amount of tissues!

Am I angry? Yes! Not at him leaving but at him coming out with the bullshit of "I love the club, I love the shirt!, I want to be a legend like my idol Shearer, I sat in the gallowgate"

At the end of the day, Carroll signed the contract for liverpool knowing he could back out at anytime. He was so forced, he handed in a transfer request.

Ironic how he went to the same team as Steven Gerrard who turned down Chelsea who to be fair would have gave Liverpool a good enough deal for them to accept!

he's left a club with no aspirations to be successful and gone to one that want to be back up the top as soon as possible. No brainer really.

Throw in the salary to go with it, and he'd have been a complete mug to turn it down.

This is NUFC competing at Mike Ashley's desired level.

Bingo.

Agreed. When Peasepud suggested all that time ago that this was the route Mike Ashley would take the club I thought he was being sensationalist.

Seems he was bang on the money :lol:

In the cold light of day nobody in a similar postion is turning down 35m for a 'prospect'. He isn't the finished article by a long shot. That kind of money is what you pay for a finished article a Villa or a Torres...Carroll is miles behind those two.

"The problem with this analysis is that if you are right, then it could just as easily been achieved by Carroll waiving the loyalty bonus, and avoid having to hand in a formal transfer request. Anyone can waive a benefit of a contract. He would have avoided the massive stigma of handing in a transfer request at your local club. So it can't have just been about avoiding the loyalty bonus.

I think you're close though - I suspect Carroll wanted to go all along once he had his head turned. He's been on England duty, and stuck with those fuckers for a few days on massive wages can change things. There were stories on here all day yesterday from sources close to the player saying that wheels were in motion and he will be gone today. The personal terms had clearly been agreed well in advance. That isn't the conduct of a player who was reluctantly forced into going because Ashley wanted the cash.

Carroll met with the club early yesterday morning, and once it was made clear he wanted to go, then all that NUFC could do is maximise value, but knowing that if Liverpool didn't stump up the price then they still wouldn't lose - they could still sell him in the summer. I genuinely believe they rejected £35m, but did so knowing that Liverpool were desparate, and anticipating a higher bid. Carroll was then advised by his agent to hand in a transfer request. This forced the issue, meant that NUFC get a higher fee due to the loyalty bonus not being paid, and also have an opportunity to save face as they only sold as they were forced to. This means the £35m became immediately more attractive, financially and from a PR perspective.

All of the above fits with what we saw happened yesterday, it is consistent with all of the "sources" close to the player, and consistent with statements made by both clubs, and is entirely logical.

No conspiracy at all. NUFC behaving like a business. Carroll behaving like a footballer.

Move on."

As someone in the game once told me (Christ I sound like Alan Oliver) it's the players who tap up other players. Especially on international duty.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Carlton Cole was a better player about 5 years ago.

When he came on the scene at Chelsea I thought he'd be absolutely mint, but he just went back over. I felt exactly the same the first time I saw Michael Forssel and he never quite did it neither.

Back on Carroll, if he played for Blackburn or Wigan I don't believe the fee would've been more than £15m.

Move on."

.....and Liverpool behaving like a football club aiming to win trophies.

Love how Carroll is suddenly the best thing since sliced bread when a couple of month ago they all called him shite. Lad who lives near me 'Liverpool fan' born and raised in toon though the nob, argued with me till he was blue in the face that N'gog was twice the player Carroll was and this was 2 month or so ago now the fuck up has Carroll as his profile pic on Facebook and is wanking himself daft over the 'lethal' partnership of Carroll and Suarez. Hate wanks like that, even though he's a glory hunting piece of shit I wouldn't be surprised if half of Liverpool fans have had a similar change of heart.

Love how Carroll is suddenly the best thing since sliced bread when a couple of month ago they all called him shite. Lad who lives near me 'Liverpool fan' born and raised in toon though the nob, argued with me till he was blue in the face that N'gog was twice the player Carroll was and this was 2 month or so ago now the fuck up has Carroll as his profile pic on Facebook and is wanking himself daft over the 'lethal' partnership of Carroll and Suarez. Hate wanks like that, even though he's a glory hunting piece of shit I wouldn't be surprised if half of Liverpool fans have had a similar change of heart.

Delete the cunt, that'll teach him :D

Cant fucking stand anyone from an NE postcode who chooses to follow an outside team. Fucking mug, he is mate.

“He said he wanted a new contract now that would make him the highest paid player at the club.

Well if you're not going to pay attention.

Well if you're not going to pay attention.

I don't know whether to :D or :razz:

Delete the cunt, that'll teach him :D

Cant fucking stand anyone from an NE postcode who chooses to follow an outside team. Fucking mug, he is mate.

Makes my blood boil the amount of times I've heard "I'm a Man U fan... it's cos my dad lived in Manchester for a bit" etc, the best ones are Chelsea 'fans' I asked one when he started 'supporting' them "2003" was the response. I've got nee time for the lad, he's a know nowt 'supported' spain in the world cup in all can you believe that? I just can't understand why these lads do this, they live in a city with a premier league club ffs.

Can anyone recall a club that hasn't had champions league football for nearly a decade rejecting an offer anywhere near this size?

and that is precisely why they won't get it :D

Can anyone recall a club that hasn't had champions league football for nearly a decade rejecting an offer anywhere near this size?

Spurs did.

Spurs did.

they are in the knock out stage man :razz: Keep up......

Spurs did.

they are in the knock out stage man :razz: Keep up......

What? You smacked up again?

Guest Your Name Here

Apart from Celtic who play in an impoverished and uncompetitive league, can anyone think of a club in Europe that pulls in crowds of 50,000 that doesn’t regularly play in the Champions League?

Apart from Celtic who play in an impoverished and uncompetitive league, can anyone think of a club in Europe that pulls in crowds of 50,000 that doesn’t regularly play in the Champions League?

What's that got to do with the subject like?

Guest Your Name Here

Benchmark to what the club’s aspirations should be.

Shepherd fucked the CL era up for us by signing a fuck load of average players on CL wages tbf, we hadn't been in it for about 4 years before he left. That's 8 years without CL revenue, with wages on the wage bill of up to 110k at one point too. Upon reflection do we have delusions of grandeur thinking that we could turn down £35m for a player?

sorry but i disagree with people saying carroll wanted to leave its fucking fat twat and lambarse to blame i cant believe people are defending thease two twat faced cunts

Shepherd fucked the CL era up for us by signing a fuck load of average players on CL wages tbf, we hadn't been in it for about 4 years before he left. That's 8 years without CL revenue, with wages on the wage bill of up to 110k at one point too. Upon reflection do we have delusions of grandeur thinking that we could turn down £35m for a player?

:D

Mike Ashley will never, never, get us into the Champions League, like the Halls and Shepherd did. I told you that earlier this week, for about the hundredth time. Do you still disagree ?