Andy Carroll aftermath(press conf/interviews etc)

Barney

Pardew coming in makes all the more sense now tbh. Hughton was starting to fall into the same category as KK and Shearer, i.e. someone who was prepared to stand up to the cunts in charge.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LLAMBIAS REJECTS SHEARER CRITICISM

Posted 02/02/11 07:34

Newcastle manager director Derek Llambias has hit back at Alan Shearer over his criticism of Andy Carroll's sale to Liverpool, claiming he does not care what the club's record goalscorer and former manager has to say.

Former star striker Shearer found the £35m departure of star striker Carroll on Monday "staggering" given they had brought nobody in to replace the 22-year-old, and after reassurances he would not be sold.

But Llambias said in The Sun: "Do I care what Alan Shearer has to say?

"When he ran this football club [in 2009] we were relegated after picking up just five points from his eight games in charge."

Shearer called for the money received for Carroll - a British record transfer fee that was quickly broken when the Merseysiders sold Fernando Torres to Chelsea for a fee believed to be around £50million - to be reinvested in players in the summer.

But Llambias insisted: "[Owner] Mike Ashley has only ever put money into this football club. He has never taken a single penny out.

"And he won't take a single penny of this £35m either - all the money will go to the club and we are already working on identifying transfer targets for the summer."

Charming man that Derek Llambias....

What an arrogant tosser. OK, Shearer didn't exactly cover himself in glory in those 8 games but he's effectively blaming him for the relegation there.

As for the comments about fees AND wages, is anyone seriously surprised? Utter thieving cunts were hoping that one would disappear under the radar. What happens to Carroll's salary then?

Is it any wonder we fucking hate these cunts, everytime the speccy imbecile opens his gob he says something that's insulting, patronising or downright fucking lies.

What happened to "appointing Shearer was the best decision I've ever made"?

Words cannot describe how much unhealthy hatred I have for these two cunts.

Agreed.

Retired ex players can sometimes just be arrogantly throwing their weight around with their comments but Shearer is right here, and is also highly regarded by the supporters. Llambias's immature, irrelevant and inaccurate (he wasn't responsible for our relegation) response again just underlines how little he understands the club or cares what its supporters think.

Problem is that Shearer falls into the same category Keegan does. Someone who passionately loves the club who have seen these retards at work from the inside and aren't afraid to talk about it publically.

Nothing that Mike and Dekka can do about it so they choose to try to damage his name.

I don't even think Shearer has every really slagged them off publicly, he went into details about how they ignored him after his meeting with them (post relegation) but it was all pretty tame as far as I was concerned. Hope he goes to town on them now (they'd probably ban him from St James , the petty scrotums)

Think Carroll will find himself regretting this decision for the rest of his life.

you leave town tonight, right now. And when you're gone, you stay gone, or you be gone. You lost all your Gateshead privileges.

If Pardew's planning to spend the money on Carlton Cole, I'd rather it went into Ashley's pocket.

Can you please explain how that can happen legally ??

Bonus. We'll show a profit this year after selling Carroll. They can pay themselves a bonus.

Hello Toonpack.

Us fans are not mugs and will not be fooled.

Perhaps not but let's see how many renew next season.

An empty St James park is looking more and more like the only voice we have, and it will never happen.

We deserve what we get until we stop going imo.

If Pardew's planning to spend the money on Carlton Cole, I'd rather it went into Ashley's pocket.

Bonus. We'll show a profit this year after selling Carroll. They can pay themselves a bonus.

Hello Toonpack.

Ashley to do a Shepherd Eh ??

Nowt's changed except were not in a financial abyss as we were.

Ashley's a twat but he owns the club and there's nowt anyone can do about it and he can do whatever he wants until he goes, despite his twatishness the club's in a much more sustainable position than it was when FFS was laterly in charge.

Hello Toonpack.

Ashley's a twat but he owns the club and there's nowt anyone can do about it and he can do whatever he wants until he goes, despite his twatishness the club's in a much more sustainable position than it was when FFS was laterly in charge.

Uh oh.

I've got a bad feeling about where this could lead.

Hello Toonpack.

Apart from the fact that we were a PLC and now we're privately owned? :D

Hello Toonpack.

Is that someone opening up a can of worms I hear? :D

Seems like the wrong way round like and typical NUFC if you like. We had a moderately well off board trying to compete in the highest echelons of the game and getting into financial bother when it went wrong and we now have a billionaire trying to run the club at a profit. Excuse me for wanting somewhere in the middle. Also says a lot when the best argument in favour of Ashley is that he's better than Shepherd (however flawed that argument is).

An empty St James park is looking more and more like the only voice we have, and it will never happen.

Gate revenue don't touch the sides mate, Sky have seen to that.

Also says a lot when the best argument in favour of Ashley is that he's better than Shepherd (however flawed that argument is).

And vice versa.

Quite.

Gate revenue don't touch the sides mate, Sky have seen to that.

It's not about revenue, it's about a unified FUCK YOU, WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE.

But it will never happen, so we'll have to suck it up ad nauseum.

We'll never know how much of the 35 gets spent anyway cos of Ashley's insistence on undisclosed fees, and the fact that you can add 2m to every purchase to cover the wages for the duration of their contract. Wages are paid out of operating income, this claim that they should be covered by incoming transfer fees is a fucking disgrace, and further evidence that we are going nowhere but backwards under this tit.

I thought Pardew was after a striker so he must have had some targets in his mind and been negotiating all transfer window.

Jan 1st.

Pardoo : "How much for Elmander?"

Bolton: "Contract is up in the summer so £3m"

Pardoo: "We dont have the money for that"

To stumble into a last minute bid for Zoggy was an absolute joke.

Newcastle manager director Derek Llambias has hit back at Alan Shearer over his criticism of Andy Carroll's sale to Liverpool, claiming he does not care what the club's record goalscorer and former manager has to say.

Former star striker Shearer found the £35m departure of star striker Carroll on Monday "staggering" given they had brought nobody in to replace the 22-year-old, and after reassurances he would not be sold.

"When he ran this football club [in 2009] we were relegated after picking up just five points from his eight games in charge."

Shearer called for the money received for Carroll - a British record transfer fee that was quickly broken when the Merseysiders sold Fernando Torres to Chelsea for a fee believed to be around £50million - to be reinvested in players in the summer.

But Llambias insisted: "[Owner] Mike Ashley has only ever put money into this football club. He has never taken a single penny out.

"And he won't take a single penny of this £35m either - all the money will go to the club and we are already working on identifying transfer targets for the summer."

How can this odious turd be allowed anywhere near our club when he comes out with stuff that makes me feel like this?... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bkaVndO0yg

He said that? Really? says it all, doesn't it? I don't think Al is some kind of God at all, but do wonder how a man can be blamed for relegating a club in seven games. The regime were responsible for relegation and for this utter fucking cretin to suggest otherwise seriously gets my urine bubbling over. I don't think I've ever held anyone in charge at NUFC in more contempt than Llambias, and that's no mean feat, he is the Goebbels of NUFC but not as talented.

We'll never know how much of the 35 gets spent anyway cos of Ashley's insistence on undisclosed fees, and the fact that you can add 2m to every purchase to cover the wages for the duration of their contract. Wages are paid out of operating income, this claim that they should be covered by incoming transfer fees is a fucking disgrace, and further evidence that we are going nowhere but backwards under this tit.

That's the biggest bug-bare of the lot for me. Am I right in thinking the FA are privy to the fee an account of their need to carry out registration or is that information conveniently not required?

If they're keen to insist that clubs operate within their means like the keep harping on about, surely full tranparency on the movement of cash has to be involved?

He said that? Really? says it all, doesn't it? I don't think Al is some kind of God at all, but do wonder how a man can be blamed for relegating a club in seven games. The regime were responsible for relegation and for this utter fucking cretin to suggest otherwise seriously gets my urine bubbling over. I don't think I've ever held anyone in charge at NUFC in more contempt than Llambias, and that's no mean feat, he is the Goebbels of NUFC but not as talented.

Personally I hold Llambias in more contempt than I do Ashley.