is this the shitest selection of strikers in your lifetime?

Dr Gloom

shola 'the fenham pele' ameobi

leon 'simply the' best

nile 'dutty custard' ranger

peter 'wasn't quite good enough for the SPL' lovelyhands

honestly, i'm struggling to remember a shitter batch than this lot. even in the dark days in the 80s or 90s, we had someone like micky quinn who could bang them in. shola ameobi our front line forward for fucks sake.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

leon 'simply the' best

honestly, i'm struggling to remember a shitter batch than this lot. even in the dark days in the 80s or 90s, we had someone like micky quinn who could bang them in. shola ameobi our front line forward for fucks sake.

Aye it probably is actually THE worst, even mid 80's we had Peter and Goddard.

leon 'simply the' best

Would still probably rather have Shola than Paul Kitson like...

Even when we knew in our heart of hearts that Owen and Martins were shite, there was still the thought that they'd done it before and have the class to do it again.

Now though, jesus christ. Shola's shite, Lovenkrands is past it, Best's, well Best and Rangers too busy pimp limpin aboot Forest Hall thinking he's a 'G'.

As an aside; Did anyone read Rangers twitter last night? 'Transfer deadline day is craaazy, hahahahaha'

I responded with 'What you laughing at? Maybe you might get a game instead of being a plastic gangster sat on the bench. We;re fucking doomed'

Maybe a bit harsh, but what the fuck's he laughing at the mug?

leon 'simply the' best

Would still probably rather have Shola than Paul Kitson like...

He wasn't that bad he was just a wanker players hated him.

Written by Beresford, oh dear at Kitson thinking he was hard :D

Paul Kitson had one of the weirdest senses of humour, he was a bit off the wall at times. Most of the lads didn't quite know how to take him. He didn't smile a lot and was very sarcastic and it took a while to get to know and like him. There was one thing that he started that became cultish at the club.

At the end of saying something sarcastic he would say, "Zaza". So, for example, if you had a really bad game he would come up to you afterwards and say, "Bez you did alright today, zaza." This would be used in all sorts of different ways and really started to catch on.

One morning Keegan called us all together for a meeting when we'd hit a bit of a bad run. I think Kitson wasn't keen on signing his contract and he'd had a few disagreements with Keegan. KK asked around if anyone had any problems and no-one really said very much. "And what about you, Paul?" he said. Kitson looked a bit taken aback and said nothing. "Come on, there must be something you'd like to say and I'll take as many zaza's as you like." The room erupted.

Paul used to fancy himself a bit and thought he was a bit of a tough nut. I don't know whether he was or not but "I'll knock ya out," became a bit of a catchphrase for him. This backfired a bit after he came off worse after a night out in Leeds. I think he was out with his girlfriend and some lads started having a go. Instead of laughing it off Paul squared up to them and took a bit of a battering. Of course the lads were sympathetic and took the mickey all week. I'm sure every time Paul told the story one more was added to the number of lads he took on.

The club's attempts at bringing strikers in have been pretty pitiful since Ashley arrived. It's the one area where you're never going to get away with a policy of buying cheap unless you have a scouting network like Arsenal's. This policy was under less scrutiny be Carroll coming good but the players we've brought in - Best, Lovenkrands, Xisco and Ranger are worse than Shola - an injury-prone lad who was probably a better striker 5 or 6 years ago before all his hip problems (and he was never 'all that' anyway). It doesn't bode well for next year.

Rush & Barnes was fairly fucking horrendous.

Apart from disagreeing about Barnes you had Shearer out injured at the time. We now look very thin even if everyone was fit and available for selection.

Edited by alex

Nowt wrong with the current strike force

Zaza.

:D

Apart from disagreeing about Barnes you had Shearer out injured at the time. We now look very thin even if everyone was fit and available for selection.

I quite liked Barnes-I think he got 9 or 10 that season.

What I mean was we had to play a tubby auld fella up top due to Shearers injury and the clubs despearation to rid themselves of Ferdinand and Tino.

The season before Bellamy came in we were so short up front, I think we had Kevin Gallacher up front on his on his own for about 10 games because Cort, Shola and Shearer were fucked. I remember a 0-0 draw with Arsenal where it felt like we had literally not one thing up front, cos there was just him.

I quite liked Barnes-I think he got 9 or 10 that season.

What I mean was we had to play a tubby auld fella up top due to Shearers injury and the clubs despearation to rid themselves of Ferdinand and Tino.

Not saying it wasn't desperate to watch at times, it was. I suppose you could say we have Ben Arfa to come back. Lets hope the new Andreas Andersson isn't on the radar :D

Peter Withe, Alan Shoulder ffs, Mark Mghee

Mark McGhee was fucking great, I loved McGhee me like. Peter Withe was well before my time, but I've always understood he was a bit of a crowd favourite? He left us and won the European Cup with Villa so he can't have been too shite.

Mark McGhee was fucking great, I loved McGhee me like. Peter Withe was well before my time, but I've always understood he was a bit of a crowd favourite? He left us and won the European Cup with Villa so he can't have been too shite.

Played for England as well.

Played for England as well.

Aye, did McGhee not win the European Cup at Hamburg too?