is this the shitest selection of strikers in your lifetime?

Dr Gloom

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Who else was on the books when Rob McDonald & Frank Pingel played up front together?

John Hendrie, John Robertson both fucked off at christmas and Mirandinha, but he was pretty pish when he played in his last season.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Franz Pingle

Rob McDonald

Frank Pingel had the worst mullet in the clubs history, it was a firm disgrace. His goal celebration against Liverpool :D you can tell he wasn't used to scoring very often.

Franz Pingle

Rob McDonald

Frank Pingel had the worst mullet in the clubs history, it was a firm disgrace. His goal celebration against Liverpool :D you can tell he wasn't used to scoring very often.

It bounced off the back of his head didn't it? He knew nowt about it til it was in the back of the net.

The season before Bellamy came in we were so short up front, I think we had Kevin Gallacher up front on his on his own for about 10 games because Cort, Shola and Shearer were fucked. I remember a 0-0 draw with Arsenal where it felt like we had literally not one thing up front, cos there was just him.

Daniel Cordone as well, on a season-long loan. A Wadsworth 'find'.

Franz Pingle

Rob McDonald

It bounced off the back of his head didn't it? He knew nowt about it til it was in the back of the net.

It was like Hernandez goal for Manchester United against Stoke this season, although I'm not convinced Frankie boy meant it.

The season before Bellamy came in we were so short up front, I think we had Kevin Gallacher up front on his on his own for about 10 games because Cort, Shola and Shearer were fucked. I remember a 0-0 draw with Arsenal where it felt like we had literally not one thing up front, cos there was just him.

Got done for coke dealing in Argentina not long after he left us, after the Derby and Spurs games I thought he'd be a canny buy, I think he fucked off before the end of the season though.

I'd erased Daniel Cordone from my mind, christ blast from the past.

Wasn't Roeder placed in charge of looking after Pingle? I'm sure he followed him round like a shadow.

Reilly and Cunnigham (though we did have PB/CW for some of the period)

Rafferty and Shinton

Doesn't excuse the current crime.

Anybody remember the game of ridiculous wind against Southampton with Shilton in goal. The wind was so bad at one point Shilton hoofed the ball up the pitch the wind blew it back into the box and Reilly lead a cavalry charge to head the ball into the net,

It was an hilarious game

Peter Withe, Alan Shoulder ffs, Mark Mghee

Peter Withe was great.

Shoulder wasn't bad at that level - the problem that season was Mick Martin getting fucked.

McGhee was abysmal first time around and fantastic second.

Mark McGhee was fucking great, I loved McGhee me like. Peter Withe was well before my time, but I've always understood he was a bit of a crowd favourite? He left us and won the European Cup with Villa so he can't have been too shite.

Player Goals per game

Withe 32%

Shoulder 32%

McGhee 32%

Mick Quinn 70% :D

Mark McGhee was fucking great, I loved McGhee me like. Peter Withe was well before my time, but I've always understood he was a bit of a crowd favourite? He left us and won the European Cup with Villa so he can't have been too shite.

Played for England as well.

Aye, did McGhee not win the European Cup at Hamburg too?

I know he won the CWC at Aberdeen but Hamburg won the European Cup before he went I think. Might've even been the same year Aberdeen won the CWC.

Player Goals per game

Withe 32%

Shoulder 32%

McGhee 32%

Mick Quinn 70% :D

Aye and most of fatty's goals were down to McGhee :razz: NJS harsh to call McGhee shite first time round, he was a bairn, and I've spoken to old timers who said he impressed too in a side which was relegated.

Played for England as well.

Aye, did McGhee not win the European Cup at Hamburg too?

I know he won the CWC at Aberdeen but Hamburg won the European Cup before he went I think. Might've even been the same year Aberdeen won the CWC.

That's right it was 83, they both won the European trophies.

worst haircut of any toon player in our lifetime?

4F1DF5CD-F1A8-7514-BDA834AE1119A215.jpg

No mate, now bare in mind this hair was long too, and blonde on occasion, this is with him and his hair at its' best.

9zt4lx.jpg

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club