is this the shitest selection of strikers in your lifetime?

Dr Gloom

Had another blistering performance coming off the bench. Brilliant quality as an impact sub. I still think hes a couple years from being able to perform for 90 minutes, if he ever will have the quality. Ill be happy to be proven wrong though

• 10 years later...

Great little story from 1996.   :nufc:

“I can remember the ball coming in and I was about six yards out. It was a fairly simple header, and I scored. I didn’t celebrate because I knew my place, so it was just a smile and kept my head down, but the Newcastle players congratulated me."

“Newcastle continued to attack for the next 10 minutes and the fans were singing ‘mystery man is a Geordie’ – it was ringing in my ears!"

“The games that stand out are scoring the winner in a play-off final for Cheltenham Town and getting promoted with Hereford United, but the night I played for Newcastle is also right up there.” 

“Ginola and Ferdinand were in their pomp at the time, so they’d definitely be two of the best players I ever played with."

“It’s just a shame I had no family members there that night, or any photos or video footage to look back at it again. My son is 16 and doesn’t believe me that it happened, so I’d be keen to get a copy of the game to prove it to him!"

“Regardless if I see it again or not, it’ll stay with me until my dying day.”

More here:

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/mystery-man-is-a-geordie-the-story-of-newcastles-strangest-ever-goalscorer/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 01/02/2011 at 14:11, Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club said:

He wasn't that bad he was just a wanker players hated him.

Written by Beresford, oh dear at Kitson thinking he was hard :D

I fucking knew it! I've bored you all before about this little cunt Kitson trying to start on me in Julie's and having to be walked away by Steve Howey. Turns out he just thought he was fucking rock with everyone. 

Anyway other than that he was a great bloke and a fantastic goalscorer..... ZAZA! 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Great little story from 1996.   :nufc:

“I can remember the ball coming in and I was about six yards out. It was a fairly simple header, and I scored. I didn’t celebrate because I knew my place, so it was just a smile and kept my head down, but the Newcastle players congratulated me."

“Newcastle continued to attack for the next 10 minutes and the fans were singing ‘mystery man is a Geordie’ – it was ringing in my ears!"

“The games that stand out are scoring the winner in a play-off final for Cheltenham Town and getting promoted with Hereford United, but the night I played for Newcastle is also right up there.” 

“Ginola and Ferdinand were in their pomp at the time, so they’d definitely be two of the best players I ever played with."

“It’s just a shame I had no family members there that night, or any photos or video footage to look back at it again. My son is 16 and doesn’t believe me that it happened, so I’d be keen to get a copy of the game to prove it to him!"

“Regardless if I see it again or not, it’ll stay with me until my dying day.”

More here:

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/mystery-man-is-a-geordie-the-story-of-newcastles-strangest-ever-goalscorer/

Enjoyed this btw. Nice that they found the video of the game too, so he could show his kid him starring up front for the Entertainers. 

• Like 1