Forward line?

Howay

Now we're left with Shola, Best, Ranger and Lovenkrands who do people reckon should be the starting 2? (unless they go with 5 in midfield)

I'm in two minds tbh, not sure if we go with the immense pairing of Shola and Best or if we now put all our faith into Ranger coming good.

I'll probably have Shola up front as the main 'threat' and then alternate between Best and Ranger until one of them starts showing them self to be more deserving, I know Ranger's a loon and Best is apparently a proper professional but I don't think it's in any doubt that Ranger has more potential, Lovenkrands as far away from the 1st team as possible in all.

Nee idea what's in the reserves btw, maybe someone who watches them will know better about Airey etc.

Lovenkrands might not be the greatest at getting involved in play but he does make good runs and can finish much better than Ranger.

That's like say my dogs better at chasing his tail than my fish :D

has to go to 5 in midfield when ireland's back. lovelyhands and best are bench warmers at best in this league.

Aye tbh you're right, I can see him sticking with Best and Shola but we really have to play 5 midfielders especially when Ben Arfa and Ireland come back.

Ameobi as a lone striker due to his lazy arseness won't work. Best can't cut it and Lovenkrands is powder puff. Ranger can't score and that plays on his mind but would put a shift in. If we play a 2 then its Ranger and Ameobi, if its a 5 man midfield then Ranger supported by Nolan and Ireland in the middle with Tiote. Hope Ranger gets a goal soon to boost his confidence

Best should be fired up to hell and back.

No Carroll coming back, getting fitter all the time and some great players around and coming in to set the goals up.

Now or never for you lad.

My moneys on never but really hope I'm wrong

In fairness his hat trick was well taken and his fitness will be improving with every game.

Being able to finish is one thing and being fit enough to get into positions is another. Having creative people around should also help.

Best should be fired up to hell and back.

No Carroll coming back, getting fitter all the time and some great players around and coming in to set the goals up.

Now or never for you lad.

my bets on never, not now

Not wishing to sound bitter, but I will; it doesn't fucking matter.

This lot are mediocre but if any of them came good they'd be off, as would anyone else we bring in.

We won't pay wages to compete and won't pay the going rate to bring anyone quality in. We are a nursery for profit.

Supporting this club feels like the most pointless, painful and ridiculous thing I do, and the competition is stiff.

This lot are mediocre but if any of them came good they'd be off, as would anyone else we bring in.

We won't pay wages to compete and won't pay the going rate to bring anyone quality in. We are a nursery for profit.

Supporting this club feels like the most pointless, painful and ridiculous thing I do, and the competition is stiff.

could be worse like. i know what you mean but i can think of plenty of teams to support that would be far worse craic.

Here's your team's ideal formation

GK

CB/CB/CB

Barton/Nolan/Tchiote/Enrique or Gutierrez*

Best/Ranger/Shola

*=I can never remember which one is a winger.

Barton and Nolan attack from midfield to push up with the 3 strikers, with the left winger bombing forward. Alternitavely, drop Best for Ireland, who'll also be an attacking midfielder. Alright, it will leave you exposed, but if you play all 3, one might score.

I'm not mocking your team, but attempting to work out how to get the best out of a bad bunch.

Strange but true.

The more pessimism like this I see, the quicker it helps my eternal optimism bubble back to the surface. :D

6 months ago we brought two great quality players in.

Even the great Man U lost Teves and Ronaldo

All clubs lose big players.

Unfortunately this is part and parcel of modern football.

And remember, over 50% of this forum think we were right to take the money. (not me btw).

Chin up and get a happy avatar man.

Here's your team's ideal formation

GK

CB/CB/CB

Barton/Nolan/Tchiote/Enrique or Gutierrez*

Best/Ranger/Shola

*=I can never remember which one is a winger.

Barton and Nolan attack from midfield to push up with the 3 strikers, with the left winger bombing forward. Alternitavely, drop Best for Ireland, who'll also be an attacking midfielder. Alright, it will leave you exposed, but if you play all 3, one might score.

I'm not mocking your team, but attempting to work out how to get the best out of a bad bunch.

We have a lack of decent forwards and your solution is to play all three.... :D

Strange but true.

The more pessimism like this I see, the quicker it helps my eternal optimism bubble back to the surface. :D

And remember, over 50% of this forum think we were right to take the money. (not me btw).

it will only have been right to take the money if a large percentage of it is reinvested. that remains to be seen but i'm not holding on to much hope there, unlike that tiote's nutz loon

Strange but true.

it will only have been right to take the money if a large percentage of it is reinvested. that remains to be seen but i'm not holding on to much hope there, unlike that tiote's nutz loon

Best not to have too many fallouts on days like today. Everyones emotions are all over the place.

Lots of different ages and different characters who handle this sort of thing in different ways.

At the end of the day, bar a couple of idiots we are all toon fans and all want the best.

(Dad lecture over) :razz: