Bollocks

Kevin Carr's Gloves

If it was the first time Sky Sports had come out with something along these lines, I'd be concerned.

Thankfully, no-one else seems to be running with it - I guess they're bored again. They've been saying Given's about to walk out for about 3 years now! :lol:

If it was the first time Sky Sports had come out with something along these lines, I'd be concerned.

Thankfully, no-one else seems to be running with it - I guess they're bored again. They've been saying Given's about to walk out for about 3 years now! :lol:

66170[/snapback]

He has 3 years less on his contract than he had 3 years ago though, surprisingly. :lol:

www.nufc.com

Recent Press claims that Newcastle 'keeper Shay Given and his representatives are in discussions over a new contract at St.James' Park look to have been torpedoed by an interview the man from Lifford gave earlier this week:

Quoted on the PFA site, Shay said:

"Michael (Kennedy - Shay's agent) is coming up on Saturday for the first meeting and we will see how that goes. Hopefully something good will come from that but I don't know at the minute. In an ideal world I would like to stay as there is no reason why I would want to leave.

"We will see how Michael gets on but I don't want to finish my career without having won a trophy. I have said that all along and it hasn't changed. It has to be right, financially, for my future and my family, but there are football issues as well. I don't want to hang my gloves up and think about what should have been and what could have been.

."Newcastle is in my blood. I would love to have my best years here and I feel they are still ahead of me. I don't want to leave but will we just have to wait and see what happens.

Asked if he was frustrated not to have already secured a long-term agreement, Given said: "I suppose so, yes, but that's what the chairman normally does – he leaves it until the last minute. It might have been better if he had come to me in the summer. The club is part of my life and it always will be, even when I finish playing football. I'm not just saying that to get the fans on my side, I really mean it.

"This is my ninth season and it hurts me to see us mid-table. It's a long time to be anywhere. My family live here and I class it as my home, but it hurts me when we are languishing where we are. I'm at a club that should be challenging in the top three of four positions and in Europe every year.

"To be fair to the club, we have brought some players in this year and spent a lot of money, so I can't have a go at the chairman for not backing the manager. However, I don't think our squad is big enough.

"People said we struggled last year because of the size of our squad. We have some good quality but when we get a few injuries there is not a lot to fall back on."

www.nufc.com

Recent Press claims that Newcastle 'keeper Shay Given and his representatives are in discussions over a new contract at St.James' Park look to have been torpedoed by an interview the man from Lifford gave earlier this week:

Quoted on the PFA site, Shay said:

"Michael (Kennedy - Shay's agent) is coming up on Saturday for the first meeting and we will see how that goes. Hopefully something good will come from that but I don't know at the minute. In an ideal world I would like to stay as there is no reason why I would want to leave.

"We will see how Michael gets on but I don't want to finish my career without having won a trophy. I have said that all along and it hasn't changed. It has to be right, financially, for my future and my family, but there are football issues as well. I don't want to hang my gloves up and think about what should have been and what could have been.

."Newcastle is in my blood. I would love to have my best years here and I feel they are still ahead of me. I don't want to leave but will we just have to wait and see what happens.

Asked if he was frustrated not to have already secured a long-term agreement, Given said: "I suppose so, yes, but that's what the chairman normally does – he leaves it until the last minute. It might have been better if he had come to me in the summer. The club is part of my life and it always will be, even when I finish playing football. I'm not just saying that to get the fans on my side, I really mean it.

"This is my ninth season and it hurts me to see us mid-table. It's a long time to be anywhere. My family live here and I class it as my home, but it hurts me when we are languishing where we are. I'm at a club that should be challenging in the top three of four positions and in Europe every year.

"To be fair to the club, we have brought some players in this year and spent a lot of money, so I can't have a go at the chairman for not backing the manager. However, I don't think our squad is big enough.

"People said we struggled last year because of the size of our squad. We have some good quality but when we get a few injuries there is not a lot to fall back on."

66178[/snapback]

He's off I reckon, and I wouldn't hold it against him.

Asked if he was frustrated not to have already secured a long-term agreement, Given said: "I suppose so, yes, but that's what the chairman normally does – he leaves it until the last minute. It might have been better if he had come to me in the summer.

More sterling work from the fatman. Why are we cursed with this imbecile?

Asked if he was frustrated not to have already secured a long-term agreement, Given said: "I suppose so, yes, but that's what the chairman normally does – he leaves it until the last minute. It might have been better if he had come to me in the summer.

66356[/snapback]

It if was any other player I could understand Fat Fred taking his time, but with Given it's a completely different story. You would think that Shepherd would do a bit more to try and keep hold of one of his most valuable assets.

66356[/snapback]

Shhh, you're not knocking Shepherd are you? Don't let Leazes catch you, best chairman ever apparently! :lol: