Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but they always meant "craic" as in the irish meaning of the word its just they've started spelling it correctly

craic and crack are not the same

just like your and you're aren't

'Craic' is just the Irish bastardisation of the English word 'crack'. It's just taken on more popularity in recent times.

Or so alex once told me.

yes but they always meant "craic" as in the irish meaning of the word its just they've started spelling it correctly

craic and crack are not the same

just like your and you're aren't

'Craic' is just the Irish bastardisation of the English word 'crack'. It's just taken on more popularity in recent times.

Or so alex once told me.

'Gaelicised' Scottish word actually. 'Craic' isn't a proper Irish word. Ant's talking shite ;)

From Jacob Steinberg (West Ham fan and writer)

The regular refrain from visiting managers at Upton Park is that, if they can score early or stay level for 20 minutes, the West Ham fans will quickly start to turn on their own side. Cliched, maybe, but not exactly without justification because Upton Park has become a very sullen place to watch football in recent years. There is always a vague hope that relegation will root out the fair-weather fans, yet ultimately it just makes people angrier and so it was that on Saturday a nadir was reached.

With around five minutes left during West Ham's game against Barnsley and Sam Allardyce's side holding on for a 1-0 victory that was to take them level with the Championship leaders, Southampton, until the Saints' point at Portsmouth on Sunday, it was announced that Kevin Nolan was the sponsors' man of the match, an award that was astonishingly greeted by booing from certain sections of the crowd. Of course, not everyone in the crowd was booing and being loud is not equivalent to being right; a vocal minority are just more noticeable than the silent majority and therefore more cringeworthy.

It is also likely that Nolan, the club captain no less, was not being booed, rather it was the decision not to give the award to Daniel Potts, a 17-year-old who found out he was making his debut at left-back only shortly before kick-off when Abdoulaye Faye failed a late fitness test. The youngster, who battled against leukaemia for four years after being diagnosed with it when he was 12 and whose father is the former West Ham defender Steve Potts, delivered an impressive performance to keep Nile Ranger quiet in difficult circumstances.

But does something so minor as who gets a free bottle of champagne really matter? Surely of more importance was helping the team hold on to their lead in the dying moments, instead of undermining it. But no. The local hero was snubbed, so there had to be a pantomime villain. Well, it is the season for it.

From Jacob Steinberg (West Ham fan and writer)

The regular refrain from visiting managers at Upton Park is that, if they can score early or stay level for 20 minutes, the West Ham fans will quickly start to turn on their own side. Cliched, maybe, but not exactly without justification because Upton Park has become a very sullen place to watch football in recent years. There is always a vague hope that relegation will root out the fair-weather fans, yet ultimately it just makes people angrier and so it was that on Saturday a nadir was reached.

With around five minutes left during West Ham's game against Barnsley and Sam Allardyce's side holding on for a 1-0 victory that was to take them level with the Championship leaders, Southampton, until the Saints' point at Portsmouth on Sunday, it was announced that Kevin Nolan was the sponsors' man of the match, an award that was astonishingly greeted by booing from certain sections of the crowd. Of course, not everyone in the crowd was booing and being loud is not equivalent to being right; a vocal minority are just more noticeable than the silent majority and therefore more cringeworthy.

It is also likely that Nolan, the club captain no less, was not being booed, rather it was the decision not to give the award to Daniel Potts, a 17-year-old who found out he was making his debut at left-back only shortly before kick-off when Abdoulaye Faye failed a late fitness test. The youngster, who battled against leukaemia for four years after being diagnosed with it when he was 12 and whose father is the former West Ham defender Steve Potts, delivered an impressive performance to keep Nile Ranger quiet in difficult circumstances.

But does something so minor as who gets a free bottle of champagne really matter? Surely of more importance was helping the team hold on to their lead in the dying moments, instead of undermining it. But no. The local hero was snubbed, so there had to be a pantomime villain. Well, it is the season for it.

The sponsors clearly realised it was only Nile Ranger.

Beeb just said that Kean is talking to the players and coaches and nobody seems to be listening to him. Now, probably bollocks, but the abuse he's getting is the loudest I've heard Ewood Park in ages.

If Wigan can beat Liverpool tomorrow and sunderland fail to win at QPR, our unwashed neighbours will be in the bottom three.

Or

Wigan draw and sunderland lose 15-0.

As much as I'd like to see Liverpool lose at Wigan, the thought of watching the mackems get spanked 15-0 would just be too good

Kean has won just 7 of 37 Prem games. 2 of 17 this season. He's never been a football manager.

Beeb just said that Kean is talking to the players and coaches and nobody seems to be listening to him. Now, probably bollocks, but the abuse he's getting is the loudest I've heard Ewood Park in ages.

Known in football circles as 'the curse of Mystic Keg'.

Blackburn actually have a decent enough team if you ask me. Some genuinely class players. A better manager and they'll be alright.

Totally agree.

Good players, but I think a few of them are already looking at the exit, Hoillett especially.

Blackburn actually have a decent enough team if you ask me. Some genuinely class players. A better manager and they'll be alright.

Totally agree.

Good players, but I think a few of them are already looking at the exit, Hoillett especially.

Moving his footballing education to Stoke/Pullis would be the worst thing for him. Good young player, i hope this mooted switch doesn't eventuate.

Edited by Dolly Potter MD

Babe the Baseball Cap Wearing Pulis shouldn't bother trying to buy technically sound players, he has proven he can't use them, and its only ever going to be harmful for everyone. He should just have a keeper, Crouch, Delap and 8 centre backs and play on a field that is 5 yards wider than the goal posts on either flank.