Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

'Lionel, I am going to destroy football and then you will have to become a businessman and eat peas.' And then I would think, 'I don't want to eat peas'[/Quote]

:lol: WTF!

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the land of the phone-in! Listened to talkshite in the car just now.

Just heard a Liverpool fan moaning at Collymore and it struck me. Why does every Liverpool fan I've ever heard on a phone-in have a Southern accent? Why does anyone, first thing after a match, rush to phone someone like collymore/alan Green/robbie savage? Would they not rather have a pint and talk about the game with their mates instead? Do they have mates? Why did Collymore say that its not looking good if Kenny can't finish above Arsenal and Chelsea? Fuck me! They're seven points behind us if we win tomorrow! We've been closer to winning the PL then they have since they last got the title over twenty years ago! Mork calling Orson, come in Orson!!

:lol: The bloke's a phoney like, done a decent job at Porto but that doesn't say a lot. Mourinho winning the CL with Porto showed he was a top manager, AVB isn't anywhere near his class despite Abramovic clearly thinking he was Mourinho mk2. Mental they paid £15m to get him as well.

He might live to regret this decision as well...

It's strange that he's expecting the man who was sacked by West Brom to improve them. I'm guessing the players really didn't like him.

A decent job? His record last season in the league was W27 D3 L0 and he won the Europa League at the age of 33. :lol:

I suppose he was alright.

Aye decent was the wrong word.

If Mourinho does get the gig as is strongly tipped, how much money has Abramovich wasted correcting the decision he made not 5 years ago?

More money than sense!

If Mourinho does get the gig as is strongly tipped, how much money has Abramovich wasted correcting the decision he made not 5 years ago?

More money than sense!

He made the same mistake in losing Ancelotti as well. It just beggars belief.

I think Chelsea is a poisonous club from a manager's perspective: a Stalin-esque owner who squanders vast amounts on ill-conceived transfers at a whim, and an overpaid, overrated, aging playing staff who lack discipline and have far too much influence within the club. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole if I was a world-class manager.

I read somewhere that it cost them £15m just to get AVB out of his Porto contract! Never mind the compensation for Ancelotti which was rumoured to be upwards of £10m.

They've had to compensate Mourinho, Scolari, Ancelotti and now AVB in the past 5 years, neither one of them will be cheap. And the delcious irony is they may end up paying Mourinho out of his Real Madrid contract.

Marvellous.

Madness at Chelsea. They're having a mare but the new manager will still have to phase out the 30 somethings and refresh with new talent. Player power to the extreme I feel sorry for AVB. Chelsea had the same spine of Cech, Cole, Terry, Lampard & Drogba for years and it wasn't winning them trophies anymore so the guy does right wanting to shake it up.

Real posioned chalice there now, anyone who goes in will negotiate a good dismissal clause in their contract!

Tell you what, I hated Gary Neville as a player but as a pundit he says it as it is...

Just said that Chelsea will appoint the latest Johnny-Come-Lately on a 2 year contract who will be outed by the players within a year. He's spot on like! :lol:

BTW - Rafa Benitez is odds on favourite! :crylaughin:

Chelsea had the same spine of Cech, Cole, Terry, Lampard & Drogba for years and it wasn't winning them trophies anymore

The problem is that they are still the top performing players in the team. AVB tried to change too much too quickly, the problem was with the players around that spine.

I wouldn't say they've been the top performing players this season.Cole is consistently quality and Lampard continues to score, however Cech, Terry and Drogba haven't performed this season. (Drogba only has 4 goals from 17 appearances.) Individually and as members of a team, their contributions have waned considerably.

I think Abramovich is mental to have sacked a young manager with plenty of potential. Who possibly could be successful at that club now? Not many managers can and of those, who'd want such a poisoned chalice. Ancelotti won a double and was still given the boot!

From Football365...

Who would want to be Chelsea manager? Well, surely everyone. What a great job. All you do is turn up for a few months, stop the senior players from doing what they want, when they want and in turn they'll take umbrage, stop playing for you, badmouth you to the press and get you the sack. You will then get laid off and paid all the money you would have had to actually work for had you seen out your contract. And you get all that cash without ever having to suffer Frank Lampard's sad, sad, face when you tell the poor lamb that he can't play every week or spend time in the dock as a character witness for Big JT.

If they keep going through managers at this rate, in 25 years' time, most of us will have had a go at being the Blues boss for a few months, and probably doing as good a job of it as anyone. By then Frank will be still be being hailed by his press friends as the top English midfielder despite being 60 and patrolling the midfield while pulling a tartan shopping trolley, Petr Cech will be wearing an old man's trilby (specially padded) and keeping goal on a Parker-Knoll recliner while John Terry will be little more than a head in a jar being pushed around the pitch on a hostess trolley by his carer, Ashley Cole. Still no-one will have dared to move them on and tell them they're old and in the way.

Debate will rage as to who the next man to get rich by not being good enough for the senior Chelsea players or by extension for Abramovich will be, however, Villas-Boas replacement is obvious.

They are already at the club, they like to pick the team, they think they know the best team to pick, they see Chelsea FC as their own fiefdom. Chelsea's next manager should be the players.

Or more precisely the senior players who seem to believe that they are the most important, most indispensable people at the club. Well come on then boys, have the guts to prove it. What are you afraid of? I'm sure Roman wouldn't mind. He loves you so much that he'll sack a manager rather than take you on.

Let's see you put together a player-management team and take control of affairs. You think you know best for Chelsea? It's time to prove it. No more cowardly hiding behind friendly press men to do your bidding for you on the radio and TV. No getting them to do all your dirty work by leaking stories to destabilise the manager.

Have the guts, have the balls, have the decency to do your own dirty work in the full glare of the public gaze. No more backroom bitching, no sniping from the sidelines, no throwing huffs and sulking because you can't have what you want all the time, no purposefully playing badly to get your manager sacked, now is the time to take the reigns and prove yourselves. No man seems good enough to be your boss and we're told time and again that you're all such big men and such big personalities. Such heroes. Such legends. Come on then, balls on the line.

You want to decide how many games you shall play, great. Be the manager. Let's see just how good you all really are. Let's see what Roman thinks of the job you do. Let's see how you handle players who run to the media to cry all the time. You want what you want and it seems only you can give yourselves what you want.

Player power is fine as long as the players really do take the power and don't just bitch about their manager. You really want power? Then you really have to take responsibility.

So let's see the Chelsea players' managerial collective. Let's see how you deal with a situation where your players are too old to compete at the highest level but who, when you drop them, create such unrest that the club fails and becomes unmanageable. Then you will know what an impossible situation looks like. Then you will see from the other side of the fence just what such narrow self-interest looks like.

Of course, they would never either individually or collectively take such a brave move because their disaffection is shallow and selfish. It isn't about the club, it is about themselves but just for once it would be nice if they had a taste of their own medicine.

Spot on that like.