Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were all excellent goals tbf. Any one of them could have won and I wouldn't have felt it was a particularly bad decision.

It's a bit daft to vote for the best goal of 20 seasons after 19 1/2 seasons though

i love that only 1 of the bench players got up to break it up. All the others just looked and let it happen. The guy must have not been a hit in the dressing room.

im guessing you mean the fiorentina thing?

The Battersea Power station would be a terrific venue for a football stadium if they can do it right.

1. I'm a Chelsea fan and to be honest i'd love us to move here. Although it would probably be at least 5/6 years from now we have no choice but to move. Why Ken bates thought a Hotel which no one stays in would be a good idea i do not know. In its place we could've had a stand which could;ve held 10-12k fans but instead we have a Hotel no one stays in and Restaurants no one eats in..

1. I'm a Chelsea fan and to be honest i'd love us to move here. Although it would probably be at least 5/6 years from now we have no choice but to move. Why Ken bates thought a Hotel which no one stays in would be a good idea i do not know. In its place we could've had a stand which could;ve held 10-12k fans but instead we have a Hotel no one stays in and Restaurants no one eats in..

and 2...?

Way to introduce yourself to the board, Dick :rolleyes:

As I've said, it'd be a really impressive venue for a stadium and the area would genuinely benefit from the extra money pouring into it. Not sure the Americans will be delighted at the thought of Qatari/Saudi money being spent on a huge fortress looking thing a mile or so from their new place at Nine Elms though. ;)

Welcome to the forum. It'd be great to have something other than a shopping centre on the site and Chelsea plan to keep the stacks so you'd automatically have the most iconic stadium in the country.

Edited by trophyshy

not happening according to the evening standard tonight....900 million alone to extend the Northern Line to Battersea.

is there much of a waiting list at CFC?.....not trying to be ultra critical, but Wenger had to produce a team playing the football of the gods to get 60k+ into The Emirates and now they dont live up to those high standards they no longer fill it....CFC aren't well known for their attractive football. Good point about Bates though...he thought the whole of Chelsea's core support would suddenly turn themselves into champagne swilling yuppies to support the various "income streams" he set up at the ground....silly twat, knows fuck all about football fans.

and 2...?

Way to introduce yourself to the board, Dick :rolleyes:

As I've said, it'd be a really impressive venue for a stadium and the area would genuinely benefit from the extra money pouring into it. Not sure the Americans will be delighted at the thought of Qatari/Saudi money being spent on a huge fortress looking thing a mile or so from their new place at Nine Elms though. ;)

2..Im the most pessimistic Chelsea fan known to man..I've been a Chelsea fan since 1987 when my dad took me to my first game. Personally i think we are now living with the few glory years we had under Mourinho. Yes we won the double under Ancelotti but that was only by a point and we only beat Pompey 1-0 in the FA Cup final. Not really blazed with glory IMO. The problem with most Chelsea fans is that they expect Roman to through money at any problem we have and that Mourinho will come back to save the day. To be honest Di Matteo hasn't done anything wrong, almost like the Hiddink effect from a few years ago when he replaced Scolari. I hope he does get the job fulltime but brings in a few more coaches. Its a damn shame how Steve Clarke and Wilkins were shat on by Roman as they were valued by both players and fans. But i wouldn't be surprised if another high paid coach comes in the summer wins a trophy or two and gets sacked in 1-2 years to be replaced by another coach and so one..As fopr the stadium only time will tell.. This whole Saudi/Qatar oil magnate link is an intriguing one and im not sure where Chelsea are going with it.....

Welcome to the forum. It'd be great to have something other than a shopping centre on the site and Chelsea plan to keep the stacks so you'd automatically have the most iconic stadium in the country.

Very true..Good point there sir

2..Im the most pessimistic Chelsea fan known to man..I've been a Chelsea fan since 1987 when my dad took me to my first game. Personally i think we are now living with the few glory years we had under Mourinho. Yes we won the double under Ancelotti but that was only by a point and we only beat Pompey 1-0 in the FA Cup final. Not really blazed with glory IMO. The problem with most Chelsea fans is that they expect Roman to through money at any problem we have and that Mourinho will come back to save the day. To be honest Di Matteo hasn't done anything wrong, almost like the Hiddink effect from a few years ago when he replaced Scolari. I hope he does get the job fulltime but brings in a few more coaches. Its a damn shame how Steve Clarke and Wilkins were shat on by Roman as they were valued by both players and fans. But i wouldn't be surprised if another high paid coach comes in the summer wins a trophy or two and gets sacked in 1-2 years to be replaced by another coach and so one..As fopr the stadium only time will tell.. This whole Saudi/Qatar oil magnate link is an intriguing one and im not sure where Chelsea are going with it.....

re: Di Matteo, is he not just benefitting from Terry et al looking to impress? Has he actually made changes to the system/personnel/style to bring about the results?

not happening according to the evening standard tonight....900 million alone to extend the Northern Line to Battersea.

is there much of a waiting list at CFC?.....not trying to be ultra critical, but Wenger had to produce a team playing the football of the gods to get 60k+ into The Emirates and now they dont live up to those high standards they no longer fill it....CFC aren't well known for their attractive football. Good point about Bates though...he thought the whole of Chelsea's core support would suddenly turn themselves into champagne swilling yuppies to support the various "income streams" he set up at the ground....silly twat, knows fuck all about football fans.

I've been on the waiting list for 2 years now and still no joy. The thing is with Chelsea is that most of the genuine fans cant afford to go every week as paying £50-60 for a ticket plus fees(food,travel etc) just isn't right. Im hoping with a bigger stadium that the ticket prices would be more affordable and if it were paid for by say Samsung or this Qatar/Saudi folk then it would be subsidised through whatever sponsor wins the naming rights (Samsung Arena/Oil Barons 'R' us etc) The thing is over the last years we've attracted the 'fake' fan who only goes to games for some sort of prestige or a day out . Like most Man U fans i guess..Ken Bates thought he knew what he was doing but it didn't work. The other thing wrong with Chelsea is all the money/yes men we have on the board. I dont think any of them have a 'football' brain, only a money making brain and in my opinion it hurts the club.

re: Di Matteo, is he not just benefitting from Terry et al looking to impress? Has he actually made changes to the system/personnel/style to bring about the results?

Yes and no, he's changed up the system from 433 to 4231 which allows Mata to play behind either Torres or Drogba with Kalou and Ramires out wide. Personally i see our 2 centre backs being Cahill and Luiz as Terry's body is about to fall apart (has been for years) plus his court case in the summer could lead to even more bad press (something Terry and Cole must be taking bets on who can out do eachother) What upsets me is that the same players who play out of their skin for Di Matteo didn't do it under AVB. No one truly knows what happened behind the scenes but he must of pissed quite a few people off with his man management as no one 'apparently' liked him apart from the Brasilian/Portuguese mob. A clearout is on the cards and young/fresh/youth team players WILL come into this team over the next season or two. Di Matteo is a Chelsea man/legend whatever you want to call him. He has the best intentions of the fans/club/players at heart so i hope he stays or is given the job fulltime but i repeat with more coaches other than 'Steady 'Eddie Newton Edited by RossFarragher