Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the alternative though? If they have to have the holders in it someone has to get the short straw. At least they're in it still, unlike Spurs.

I didn't say it was incorrect, just very harsh on Anderlecht.

They should do what they did did for Liverpool and put the holders (Chelsea) in the qualification rounds. I can understand wanting the holders to be in the competition proper but it just seems silly to revoke the prizes that two other clubs have worked all season long to attain.

If it was me I'd not allow the holders back into the CL the following season unless they earned the right via league placing, but that's just me.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Do you know a team missed out on CL football because Liverpool started early?

Do you know there's nothing that could have been done to keep every team happy?

Edited by StevenL

Del Piero's last game for Juve ends in disappointment..Napoli beat them 2 nowt to win the Coppa Italia...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18140471

Seemed to be the player for the Juve fans when we went there in the champs league....but even back then, Nedved looked far better to me. I think Del Piero got both the goals over there mind, so I'm maybe being a bit over critical.....great career overall.

Del Piero's last game for Juve ends in disappointment..Napoli beat them 2 nowt to win the Coppa Italia...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18140471

Seemed to be the player for the Juve fans when we went there in the champs league....but even back then, Nedved looked far better to me. I think Del Piero got both the goals over there mind, so I'm maybe being a bit over critical.....great career overall.

He never reached the heights that he did pre-injury. It took him years to regain consistency. Still a class player like.

I know it's wiki etc etc but there's no mention of a third party in his transfer to AM on there

Do a google on Falcao third party ownership. There's a few articles on it. Football Weekly were discussing how his owners(not AM) may want to sell him on again while his stock is so high.

Carlton Cole in "Footballer shows down to earth common sense and humility" shock!!

"I've kept my mouth shut for quite a while but I did take a wage cut to stay in the Championship," Cole said. "Half my wages just went. I thought 'I want to help the club get back to where we belong'. I didn't want to leave the ship. I would not have been able to live with myself. It is just such a reward to get to the Premier League again with West Ham at the first time of asking. It was like D‑Day for all of us.

"No contract talks have been planned but we will see what happens. Hopefully both sides will be happy that I sign a new contract. I am here to help West Ham and if there is a relegation clause, then I am happy to do it. You can't be on Premier League wages in the Championship. I know money is a massive factor in everyone's career, and obviously I want to earn as much as I can, but when you don't deserve it, as you have been relegated, you need to work back to where you need to get to."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/20/sam-allardyce-carlton-cole-west-ham

So much humility he felt the need to tell a journalist all about it... So glad the rumours of us going after him never came to anything, he's shite

I think someone at West Ham had told the press beforehand and he was asked about it.....good example to set iyam, especially as he'd signed a contract stating his wages would be cut should they be relegated in the first place. Its unknowable if Colo,Guti,Enrique,Barton,Nolan etc wouldve signed a contract with a wage reduction clause in it when they signed for us but there's certainly one of them I can say with confidence that, judging by his exit from the club, wouldnt have fuckin dreamed of it....

You must be Hooping mad! QPR renew Dyer deal despite only playing SEVEN minutes

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 14:31, 21 May 2012 | UPDATED: 14:35, 21 May 2012

Kieron Dyer has signed a new one-year-deal at QPR, until the summer of 2013, despite playing just seven minutes for the club.

The former England international was taken off injured on a stretcher after starting in a 4-0 home defeat against Bolton on the opening day of last season and hasn't featured since.

The 33-year-old joined the Hoops from West Ham on a free transfer last summer but has had a long history of injury problems that have hampered his career.

The club have also confirmed they have entered talks with Clint Hill, Akos Buzsaky and Radek Cerny about extending their deals that expire at the end of June.

However, Peter Ramage, Danny Gabbidon, Danny Shittu, Fitz Hall, Gary Borrowdale, Lee Cook, Rowan Vine and Patrick Agyemang will all leave Mark Hughes' side when their contracts expire at the end of next month.

Rumour here in Leeds is Warnocks walked :lol:

I fucking hope so, I would piss my pants

Rumour here in Leeds is Warnocks walked :lol:

I fucking hope so, I would piss my pants

You know what Wykiki, it's no slight on you this, but Leeds are so insignificant these days, they barely enter anyones psyche. They over achieved for 2 or 3 years over a decade ago and that was them. I think lower Prem upper Championship is their level, given the fact their home support is astonishingly shit for a city of that size, and football isn't even the main sport there. If he has walked I think Lee Clark going there would be brilliant for him and the club. Leeds are the right sort of size of club to use as a stepping stone to bigger things in the future, someone like a Leeds, Blackburn, Derby or a Leicester would be ideal for him at this point.

They had a good season so he popped along to celebrate.

after donning a full Canaries kit and sliding down a wet hill to give a 'realistic' impression.