Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what Wykiki, it's no slight on you this, but Leeds are so insignificant these days, they barely enter anyones psyche. They over achieved for 2 or 3 years over a decade ago and that was them. I think lower Prem upper Championship is their level, given the fact their home support is astonishingly shit for a city of that size, and football isn't even the main sport there. If he has walked I think Lee Clark going there would be brilliant for him and the club. Leeds are the right sort of size of club to use as a stepping stone to bigger things in the future, someone like a Leeds, Blackburn, Derby or a Leicester would be ideal for him at this point.

Aye, I know what youre saying Stevie mate.

Their home support is still better than some Prem clubs like. When Garyson left Leeds a lot of my mates who are ST holders wanted Clarkie.

Torres sounds like he's at a massive cross roads. Achieved a dream but at the same time absolutely gutted that he was dropped for the final after getting the goal that secured their place there.

Many are calling him petulent but IMO there's a definite message that football is that important to him.

Now contrast that with little Micky 'I'd rather be on the bench of a successful club than playing for a shit one' Owen.....

Torres sounds like he's at a massive cross roads. Achieved a dream but at the same time absolutely gutted that he was dropped for the final after getting the goal that secured their place there.

Many are calling him petulent but IMO there's a definite message that football is that important to him.

Now contrast that with little Micky 'I'd rather be on the bench of a successful club than playing for a shit one' Owen.....

I agree with you there, picked up a bit of form, got the goal in the semi, di matteo didnt let him take one of the pens in the shootout even though he was begging to

hes not after more money, he wants to play, cant really complain about that

BBC1 Scotland Panorama lat night.

Rangers EBT's etc. 53 Players and staff had EBT's totalling £45-ish Million.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18169502

Souness had one set up 10 years after he'd left Rangers and got £30K, shortly therafter he/Blackburn bought Barry Ferguson for £7.5 Mill

The list of beneficiary's (Boumsong £630K btw)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18148818

This is what the "big tax case" is about.

Dodgy as fuck, cheating bassa's

Chinese advert for Euro 2012 :lol:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP1NoRp9BKQ[/media]

There's something very fucking strange with Orientals. I thought it was mainly confined to the Japanese but seeing this and another airplane crash investigation programme about a Korean flight that went wrong it gets you thinking. Then there's the strange obsession with pokemon type cartoon characters and sex. Do you know that some scholars in Japan seriously thought even very recently, that the Japanese race might actually trace it's roots back to Neanderthals? They thought they were from a different branch of human evolution and were a bit disappointed to find out they were instead like the rest of the World population being in fact legitimate Homo Sapiens.

They've some very intelligent people out there in the Rising Sun but they're fucking warped on a few levels if you ask me.

P.S. I'll just report myself, btw. ;)

There's something very fucking strange with Orientals. I thought it was mainly confined to the Japanese but seeing this and another airplane crash investigation programme about a Korean flight that went wrong it gets you thinking. Then there's the strange obsession with pokemon type cartoon characters and sex. Do you know that some scholars in Japan seriously thought even very recently, that the Japanese race might actually trace it's roots back to Neanderthals? They thought they were from a different branch of human evolution and were a bit disappointed to find out they were instead like the rest of the World population being in fact legitimate Homo Sapiens.

They've some very intelligent people out there in the Rising Sun but they're fucking warped on a few levels if you ask me.

Lacist.

Strange that they think Kalou is the 2nd best striker they have (first now that Drogba has left) and start him in the CL final, yet get rid on a free. They must be after at least 2 big name strikers this Summer I reckon

Strange that they think Kalou is the 2nd best striker they have (first now that Drogba has left) and start him in the CL final, yet get rid on a free. They must be after at least 2 big name strikers this Summer I reckon

Heard they are finally going to cough up the mental coin that Porto are asking for Hulk.

Falcao supposedly on the radar too, and hazard, already signed Marin and someone else,

It'll be one out and out striker starting for Chelsea next season with 3 very attacking midfielders behind

They offered him a new contract but he turned it down, same reason as Guthrie did here.

I know Fergie piped up about it, now Rooney has added his two cents to the Mackems:-

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7775142/Rooney-s-Sunderland-sickener

Sad that the City result got the biggest cheer, but MUFC should really be keeping shtum about it. Just makes them look like sore losers, rather than painting the mackems as bad fans tbh

RTG is right in that Man U would have got the same response from any other ground. More so if it were Liverpool or Arsenal etc. Were they expecting a collective arm round the shoulder and shouts of "Never mind lads, better luck next year"? Fuck off, it's football and that final day was the most dramatic I've ever seen.

When teams go down and the opposition fans have gone out of their way to make banners or whatever, that's different. This seemed to be spontaneous, on the whole, so I'm not about to accuse the mackems of being an unusual group of fans (in this case). If they'd turned up in city shirts, or had banners flying, or whatever, then would be the time to call them sad.

oh and this is the final time I'll say owt approaching positive about that set of cunts down the road.

I'm going to be straight with you. I have lived in and seen various parts of the North-West of England in my short life, all fairly similar. We have a long way to go before we can question the intelligence or popular culture of the Japanese--and I'm not just saying this because I have porked an Asian. When 'our Chelsea' and 'our Daz' are sat at home eating cheesy chips with curry and watching Piers Morgan's Life Stories, we can't claim cultural superiority. And I've only just scratched the surface.

I'm going to be straight with you. I have lived in and seen various parts of the North-West of England in my short life, all fairly similar. We have a long way to go before we can question the intelligence or popular culture of the Japanese--and I'm not just saying this because I have porked an Asian. When 'our Chelsea' and 'our Daz' are sat at home eating cheesy chips with curry and watching Piers Morgan's Life Stories, we can't claim cultural superiority. And I've only just scratched the surface.

I don't think we're more intelligent at all, Their historical culture is very rich too. I just find them a little strange at times just like this (Chinese) advert shows. I spent the first couple of years of my life out in Kowloon and have found the English/Chinese people I've met to be usually quiet and respectful so take my comments with a pinch of salt, KSA. I still think they can be a little strange about a few things but I think a few nations are to be honest. Don't get me started on the Yanks! :lol:

:lol: What a fucking nob Blatter is, Penalties are a great way to settle it especially as both sides players are totally knackered by then and this is from someone who supports a team that are dogshit at pen shootouts. The quicker world football is rid of this man the better tbh.

IF i was a cynical conspiracy theorist, I'd say he didnt like Chelski winning the CL...

When on Game of Thrones the 'Mad King' is referenced, I think of Blatter's face.