Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

No matter what the outcome of the trial is, I think most of us can agree that John Terry is a cunt.

They're all cunts. What makes me laugh about all the shit Terry has been involved with is it's only now being suggested he can't play for England if it turns out he's a racist cunt. Racial slurs are obviously unacceptable but he's hardly whiter than white (pun intended) in any case.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferdinand had to go to the CFC dressing room?

Terry should've been in the QPR changing room to clear things up if they were going to sort it out afterward.

They should have been in the ring to sort it out.

like J69 said £2500 for anyone in this day and age of racially abusing someone is just disgusting.

I completely agree. In fact I think that in a case such as this, where allegedly Anton Ferdinand has made remarks towards John Terry about his personal life with the clear intention of winding him up, and then Terry has allegedly responded by calling Ferdinand a black cunt, there should be no fine or criminal investigation whatsoever.

i take it if he's found guilty here, the fa then will have to hit him with a guilty charge and subsequently a lengthy ban?

They've said they will go with the courts findings so you would expect a ban at least on par with Suarez if he is found guilty.

If Terry tries to bring Ferdinand's character into question (as was suggested he might) they should counter by showing footage of the former at this year's Champions League final.

Are people really disgusted by what Terry is alleged to have done here? I hate the cunt, but this was merely a case of slinging the most offensive things they could at each other. Anton was trying to get a reaction and he did; Terry isn't the poet laureate so he's not going to come out with an articulate put-down. The fact that he *MAY HAVE* used a mild racial slur is bad on his part, but it's not something that should be subject to a big court case in my opinion.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

rightly or wrongly, using racial insults is against the law. So its a fair cop in my book, if me or you had done the same and someone complained to the police it would be the same.

Edited by PaddockLad

Mild Slur? Calling someone a black cunt? Mild?

I think calling someone a 'black *insert expletive here*', is generally considered milder than going all-out with the 'nigger' stuff. Cunt is the pejorative term here, and he could have said fat-cunt, thick-cunt, ugly-cunt, etc. He chose to use black-cunt, which is bad, but he's an exceptionally thick man, and thick people say stupid things, especially when they are subject to provocation. What was Anton Ferdinand hoping for when provoking Terry? For him to lose his temper, which he did. No one died. I think turning such an incident into a court case of this nature is a waste of money. PL makes a fair point though, this is the law now: we live in a country where people can get a jail sentence for trolling on Twitter.

Mild Slur? Calling someone a black cunt? Mild?

I think that, while it's unpleasant, it's small fry in the grand scheme of things. I'd be delighted to see Terry get hauled over the coals for it but not because I think it's all that bad. I abhor racism btw but calling someone a 'black cunt' or whatever is being made out to be terrible by the media. I wonder how many black reporters there are at the likes of the Daily Mail (who tend to lead the charge for the moral highground).

Should we monitor people's thoughts in case they are thinking racial things? Since the moral imperative in this case purely derives from the act (we dont care that Ferdinand is a big boy and can handle stupid mindless abuse and receiving such abuse has no real impact on his life) then the moral crime exists in isolation from its consequences. Therefore, thinking racial thoughts is just as much a crime.

When you define morality in such naked terms where the principle and not the consequences dominate how we judge people then thought crime is literally the next logical step. If your mouth is a criminal weapon then so is the mind.