Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

You don't just reserve them for me tbf, anyone and everyone that disagrees with you gets similar treatment. I'm not sure I've ever seen you admit you are wrong in 12 years of me posting on here

Hate to jump in between you two, but alex has privately admitted to me he was wrong, so I'd say that he perhaps has admitted to being wrong, just not to your knowledge.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there should be nothing illegal about a gang of white skinheads racially abusing a 10 year old black kid on his way home from school?

The law wasn't designed to protect millionaire footballers but it has to apply in all cases, we can't decide who should be protected by it and who shouldn't.

i'm not saying there shouldnt be legislation against it, I'm saying this particular piece of legislation is just plain bad law. In a case such as you've highlighted I think there are other public order offences that would cover it.

I think the law was introduced by the PC brigade to prove a point and so they can put people into little boxes with labels on, which is what they like to do. That is why some people find it strange it got to court in the first place. Employment law couldve been used in this case, talk like Terry is alleged to have to anybody from a different company in firms time and you're looking at the tin tack. But of course football's "different". Still doesnt detract from the law being shite though.

i'm not saying there shouldnt be legislation against it, I'm saying this particular piece of legislation is just plain bad law. In a case such as you've highlighted I think there are other public order offences that would cover it.

I think the law was introduced by the PC brigade to prove a point and so they can put people into little boxes with labels on, which is what they like to do. That is why some people find it strange it got to court in the first place. Employment law couldve been used in this case, talk like Terry is alleged to have to anybody from a different company in firms time and you're looking at the tin tack. But of course football's "different". Still doesnt detract from the law being shite though.

Largely agree although I sort of see it more as the elite kidding themselves they aren't prejudiced.

Looks like he wrong. Will he admit though?

I admit I was wrong in thinking you had never admitted you were wrong. I don't think I'm wrong in thinking you have ever publicly admitted you are wrong however ;)

I said I thought Alan Smith would be a good signing. I said Mike Williamson was as good as Steven Taylor. There's a couple off the top of my head.

I said Steven Taylor was canny for years and you abused me for it for years. Can you, Alex, here and now, admit to me that you were wrong?

Yeah, definitely. I don't think he's all that but he's impressed me over the last 2-3 seasons (barring his numerous injuries which are a massive worry). I think he was shite a lot of that time though but it's like the penny's dropped and he knows what he's good at. Watch him be fucking gash now I've said that.

I don't think that the law in particular is the problem here, it's more to do with the fact that this whole thing came about because one person, who only saw it on TV, decided that it was his moral obligation to report it to the police and set the whole thing in motion.

The common sense approach would be to ask Ferdinand if he wanted it to go to court and since he claims that he didn't the case should've been dropped.

My apologies to you then. You don't always have to pick me up on being wrong either you know. It's nice to let one or two slide every now and again ;)

It's nothing personal. I fucking hate you like but you were just talking shit on this occasion.

I don't think that the law in particular is the problem here, it's more to do with the fact that this whole thing came about because one person, who only saw it on TV, decided that it was his moral obligation to report it to the police and set the whole thing in motion.

The common sense approach would be to ask Ferdinand if he wanted it to go to court and since he claims that he didn't the case should've been dropped.

Aye. It's because it's about racism though. The attitude towards it is fucking ridiculous in that (a bit like related issues such as immigration) you can't have anything like a reasonable debate about it. You're either racist or you're not when in reality it's much more subtle that that.

Yeah, but thats down to the CPS deciding whether theres enough evidence to make a case. There plainly is according to them, ot theyre getting off on the publicity. As I say, if found to have comitted the act he'd have been sacked by any other corporate company. That would have been enough, no need to bring the law into it. And its only a law because of politicians' agendas.

Aye. It's because it's about racism though. The attitude towards it is fucking ridiculous in that (a bit like related issues such as immigration) you can't have anything like a reasonable debate about it. You're either racist or you're not when in reality it's much more subtle that that.

So true.

What I think a lot of young people, usually the ones brought up very well and polite forget, is how different attitudes where such a short time ago and that these deep rooted feelings dont change in one generation (if at all).

Everyday I have little sweet old ladies asking to go to the Pakis.

IMO intergration and time may sort it but there are still lots of communities where "dark folk" are rare.

Personally I think it will always be there and that is just the way of the world.

Bit strong Alex!

Says more about him than me

For all I regularly row with certain posters on here, there's not one of them I wouldn't shake hands with and have a drink if I saw them at the match or similar

Says more about him than me

For all I regularly row with certain posters on here, there's not one of them I wouldn't shake hands with and have a drink if I saw them at the match or similar

I was joking. I wouldn't go for drink with you though.