Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 28 when he left Arsenal, yeah right. :lol:

Not saying it's the case with all of them, but I heard that there are examples of footballers (and others) simply not knowing how old they are and simply say whatever they're told, even if it's 5 years off.

There's a picture of an African youth team and the majority look about 20

Not saying it's the case with all of them, but I heard that there are examples of footballers (and others) simply not knowing how old they are and simply say whatever they're told, even if it's 5 years off.

There's a picture of an African youth team and the majority look about 20

I believe it. In fact there's every incentive to lie about a player's age if you can get away with it

"A former employee of the British embassy in Nigeria told Observer Sport that when visa applicants complained to him about having their applications rejected, he would reply: "Well don't talk to me about it, I'm dead." He would respond to their looks of puzzlement by pointing to the wall behind him, on which hung his death certificate, purchased for a small fee from a Lagos supplier. Fifa reckon they have finally come up with a foolproof way of determining real age. Ahead of last year's Under-17 World Cup in, as it happened, Nigeria, the governing body announced that players would be subjected to wrist scans using magnetic resonance imaging, and this would determine their true age."

:lol:

Well they can't put, 'Born in the rainy season when there was a full moon' on their passports, can they?

On a similar note, many Asian women I encountered working in Bradford who gave their birthdate as the 1st of January as the presumably never knew their real birthday.

Speaking of Asians, if I'm still alive in two years time, I'll quote this prediction. Within 2 years Kagawa will be recognised as the greatest Asian player ever.

Or April 1st is a particularly romantic day for a lot of Asian women in Bradford, you cynic.

Haha, I naively thought this was the case a few years ago and asked my consultant (Leeds born of Asian descent) if April was a significant cause for celebration in Pakistan. He laughed his tits off.

Haha, I naively thought this was the case a few years ago and asked my consultant (Leeds born of Asian descent) if April was a significant cause for celebration in Pakistan. He laughed his tits off.

:lol:

(I will admit to a quick google to see when the two Eids [that I know of] were, just in case)