Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt surprise me. I read a week ago or so that he was having something fitted to restart his heart of it stops again. While canny, if his heart is in that shape I can't see playing football too wise. I have no idea why it stopped in the first place or odds of happening again, but fitting that device suggests likely?

Worked for this crazy bastard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOVNPLoHRME

Don't forget that if you've got a Sky Sports subscription, you can still get ESPN free for 3 months with no obligation to continue past then.

I activated it myself just in time for the match yesterday. Got Chelsea next Saturday on there too plus if we make it to the Europa League group stage we'll be on there for those too (for the ones ITV aren't showing at least). Fancy watching some Ligue 1 and Serie A on there myself too.

This is a good read about Michael Owen:

http://www.guardian....-premier-league

EDIT: Also just read the first comment on this page: 'A fare dodger on an open top bus ride,as he was so memorably described by Manchester United fans after "earning" a championship medal in 2010-2011.'

d

Never heard that before, but pretty much sums him up that like.

Edited by ADP

This is a good read about Michael Owen:

http://www.guardian....-premier-league

EDIT: Also just read the first comment on this page: 'A fare dodger on an open top bus ride,as he was so memorably described by Manchester United fans after "earning" a championship medal in 2010-2011.'

d

Never heard that before, but pretty much sums him up that like.

Owen has not started a league match since a goalless draw against Sunderland on 2 October 2010. He was substituted at half-time without having a shot. In fact, Owen made only one pass in the final third of the pitch, and that was a five‑yard pass backwards.

Jesus, that angers me

Is Jason Roberts the football media's new token black guy?

I don't mind the guy but he seems to have been everywhere over the last 8 months.

He's part of the PFAs anti racism campaign

Is Jason Roberts the football media's new token black guy?

I don't mind the guy but he seems to have been everywhere over the last 8 months.

I like the guy, definitely carving out a media career for himself.

I was checking for the scores on Twitter on Sat evening as I was out in the sticks. I loved the WBA v Bin Dippers score, then oddschecker threw some odds out for the Premiership, then I became confused.

Newcastle finished above Liverpool last season, correct?

Newcastle start the season with a win over Spurs a team vying for a top 4 finish, correct?

Newcastle have strengthened their squad, correct?

Liverpool finished below Newcastle last season, Correct?

Liverpool get beat 3-0 by a relegation candidate, correct?

Liverpool have a weaker squad than the toon, correct?

So why are Liverpool 40/1 for the league and Newcastle 125/1 (Odds from oddschecker and will be the shortest odds)?

They'll actually be the longest odds ;)

The likes of ourselves, Liverpool and Spurs may as well be 1000/1 for what it's actually worth.

Ah they put the better value odds on, righto, makes sense.

Aye we may well as be, but it still confuses me why they rate them a better chance of winning than us

Ah they put the better value odds on, righto, makes sense.

Aye we may well as be, but it still confuses me why they rate them a better chance of winning than us

Bookies don't price outsiders on their chances of winning. They price them on the money being laid. They're exposed to a big loss if Liverpool do win because a lot of deluded scousers still think (like EVERY season) "this is the season we come back" and put money on it happening.

Bookies don't price outsiders on their chances of winning. They price them on the money being laid. They're exposed to a big loss if Liverpool do win because a lot of deluded scousers still think (like EVERY season) "this is the season we come back" and put money on it happening.

They'll make a lot more money if Liverpool do win it than they would if it were Man U or Man City.

:lol:

So basically after the bumming they got from WBA some daft cath words are still laying big money on them?

:lol:

Aye. There's not going to be much spent on Newcastle or Liverpool either way, but the bookies will only offer a price their customers see as good value, encouraging them to have a daft, hopeful punt.

For a scouser that price is much lower because deep down they still feel entitled to win it, never a trait of a Newcastle fan.